Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects 50 Chev chop/section

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by hoitink, Dec 1, 2008.

1. WOW!!! I just found this thread...how I missed it is beyond me, but I just spent the last few hours taking it in...great work.

2. Nice ride. Love it. Good work.

3. mrconcdid

mrconcdid
    from Florida

any updates summer almost over?

4. eddie_zapien

eddie_zapien

Saw the car in a mag, I kept thinking "I know this car" it didnt hit me till late last night that it was indeed this car. Great job. Keep it up

5. oldman2

oldman2

Since it's back up on the page, any new updated to the work you were going to do this past summer????......Jim

6. Sam Navarro

Sam Navarro

Holy Crap I dig it! Great work!

7. motoandy

motoandy
    from MB, SC

any updates. I found this thread again searching for front end grill treatments.

8. 296moon

296moon
    from england

I so like going back to page one on this and then see it grow,,,,,,,,,Top Job

9. knoxbrendon

knoxbrendon

Man can't believe I missed this one car looks so bad ass

10. 54rat210

54rat210

Your craftsmanship is unbelievable. You make restoring cars look like child's play. This is/was an awesome thread to read thru and look at the progress and give me inspiration to continue with my 54 Chevy 210 project as I drink my coffee. Great work. Looks sick as is. I cant wait to see your next project! Hint hint!

11. dana barlow

dana barlow
    from Miami Fla.
    1. Y-blocks

Love the work and the shape you got,very cool look,but the finish is way not doing it for me,but hay it an't mine. If it were it would be shiny nice paint showing off that great work you did,vs what ever that is on it

12. mrconcdid

mrconcdid
    from Florida

bttt, still one of the best build threads on the HAMB.
    I would love to see how it looks today. Update?

Godspeed
    MrC.

13. hoitink

hoitink
    from MB

Well here's an update for everyone. The car is still alive even though she was looking a little sad for a while, as it had beed sitting outside for a few years. I re-cleared the car, got an interior in it almost done. Still have to work on the handles going to look for some new hardware or make something yet.

Picked up a sewing machine a while ago and started to daddle in the sewing department. This was always the crappy looking part of my builds so decided it was time to learn.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

New shot of clear on the car along with a new trunk lid art
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

14. TJratz

TJratz

Whats the story on the chopped 4 door merc?

15. oldman2

oldman2

Interior looks good, for your first time. Love the trunk artwork. I see when you re-cleared it you removed the air brush work....Jim

16. raidmagic

raidmagic

First let me say I can't believe I've missed this thread. Simply amazing!!! Great work on the interior, being your first time I'd say you car a fast time. First time sectioning turned out well too. Congrats

17. hoitink

hoitink
    from MB

18. willyscoupe

willyscoupe

image.jpg
    Ruin the factory lines ? Give it a shot ! Nothin better than personalizing your ride !
    Mines a 49 Poncho with 55 Chevy dash , 4 1/2" chop with the trunk sectioned down to the floor to creat the "tail fin" and a set of 55 Olds rear quarters off craigslist sectioned almost 2" and stuck on . It's not perfect but it's my ride !
    The work I am seeing on here makes me look like an armature , oh wait , I am an armature .........

19. 48Rules

48Rules
    from Maryland

Love the rear end! More pics!

20. 40StudeDude

40StudeDude

Armature...armature...??? Surely you jest, unless you intentionally misspelled the word...then perhaps you should have put a smiley face after it...

R-