Register now to get rid of these ads!

Support from your wife/girlfriend.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 34Larry, Jun 14, 2013.

1. fsae0607

fsae0607

9 - Very supportive, hangs out in the garage with me and loves to ride and go to car shows.

She never complains of the smells of exhaust and gas!

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

2. Madillac

Madillac
    from Tonka, MN

My wife is a 6 verging on a 7. Never had any interest in cars until she met me. She loves my car even though it broke her hand (she's no longer allowed to work on the car). Even after that she still wants me to finish it before I take on a new project. She's even letting me knock down our old garage and have a new bigger one built just for the hobby. When I went to Billetproof this year she was upset that she couldn't go with me and is very stoked for back to the 50's. I don't know how long this will last but so far so good.

3. Ex wife. -10
    Girlfriend. 4
    Next girlfriend.... Well she better be a ten!!! Lol

4. Rob68

Rob68

9 easy. Best wife ever!

Attached Files:

5. Tough to arrive at a number. My wife is a 10 for support. I spend a ton of time day after day on the latest project. I have 6 vehicles tagged not counting her 2. But as far as a love for it she really doesnt love cars, just me. Pukin' yet?

6. stevethepreacher

stevethepreacher

Mine's a 10 1/2. She loves old cars...riding in old cars....sometimes she comes out to the garage. She wanted an old car to drive and found an old Falcon in a barn. She haggled over the price, bought it and I drug it home and we restored it. She even named it "Gracie."

Attached Files:

7. jammersspeed

jammersspeed
    from herman mn.

i would give my wife a 10. i was 15 she was 16 when i met her....so she kinda knew what she was in for

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 16, 2013
  8. 54sled

54sled

Solid 9,she supports whatever i do,having two hot rods and multiple hobbies,been married 6 years and have a 2 year old boy,which makes it tough sometimes.

9. e-tek

e-tek
    from SK, Canada

Sorry to hear about the guys with wives who are less than 10 - in any way! I got EXTREMELY LUCKY and don't mind bragging her up!

When I met Mrs E-tek she was an F1 fan and told me she always wished she could race a car - so I built her a race car. Over the years I have gotten all the cars I wanted - and much more! In total we have 7 cars and projects and she indulges me in anything I want. She has helped me in the shop, gone to shows with me, comes out to tow me home (often!) and has even posed with the cars for me! I really wish everyone could be as lucky.

[​IMG]

10. vtx1800

vtx1800
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Wife # 1 tolerated cars, probably a 3
    Wife # 2 didn't like much of anything, she was a minus, let it go at that
    Wife # 3 (current model) is the reason we have the chopped 49 Ford, she doesn't like my 38 Chevrolet, she doesn't help (except when asked) because she stole part of the shop to do metal sculpture in. Because her hobby dovetails with mine I have tools and equipment I probably wouldn't have bought for myself, like the Lincoln 256 we bought a couple of weeks ago so she could weld some heavy "stuff" that the old Hobart 140 Handler couldn't stick together. She gets a 10.

11. fatty50

fatty50

mines a 1 or 2,she doesnt get it, doesnt understand why someone would spend 25-30k on an old shitbox panel van when you could buy a new truck for that kind of cash.....just doesnt get it.

12. 34Larry

34Larry

Well......it turned out to be quite the question. Feel good for all you guys who have support. Meanwhile I'll just keep on keeping on with my little Ford and when mine begs to go for a little ride when it is all done, I'll turn into the "The Little Red Hen" of Nursery Rhyme Time and ask her what the hen asked all those that wouldn't support her.

13. e-tek

e-tek
    from SK, Canada

[​IMG]

GREAT family photo!

14. cayager

cayager

my wife isnt very interested, maybe a 2. sometimes i think she wants to go to shows or swapmeets with me just to keep me from having a good time

15. johnnyvees

johnnyvees
    from sunland ca

My wife found my first Model A. man what a woman =10+

16. 10

I have to hold her back or she would have more project vehicles lined up than I could ever get finished

17. patmanta

patmanta
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Woburn, MA
    1. MASSACHUSETTS HAMB

10, had her drilling out rivets all day yesterday!

18. LeoH

LeoH
    from Reno, NV

A solid 8.
    When I came up with the idea of getting a Studebaker driver for a second car last year, she said, "that sounds fun". (It helped that we both learned to drive in one). She drives the car around. She isn't a big show fan, but she'll go occasionally if it's convenient, doesn't mind me going and she doesn't help too often, but will help if I really need a second hand or foot on a pedal if asked, so that's why an 8 and not a 10. I'm not complaining though, I think I'm ahead of the curve with this one.

19. 10 + sorry for the the ones with low numbers. I have what I have because of her. No bitchin, loves the cars , shows and drags. Helps in the garage and very supportive in my next adventure. Going on 36 years of collecting junk .

20. birdman42

birdman42

Mine started out a 10 but as the kids take most of her time she no longer spends much time in the shop with me any more.Now she is more 8.5

21. Stevie Nash

Stevie Nash

Solid "0", maybe a "-1". She has no interest and will let you know it. She just doesn't get it and I'm sure never will.

22. benchseat4speed

benchseat4speed
    from Golden, CO

That sucks man:(

Mines a 7, and I'm a lucky guy to have 'er. She likes horses waay more than iron, but she still loves ridin' shotgun in my old junk.:cool:

23. RayMiller

RayMiller

She used to be a 7 now she's a 2, when we first got married she bought me a set of cross bar hub caps for my 52 and for Christmas she got me a wire harness for my 28 and then we had our kiddos and now I barely get a card for our anniversary lol.

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

24. I'd give her an 8, loves, the cars, goes to the shows, has a 53 Buick she bought. Just need to get her to start turning wrenches.

25. das858

das858

My wife's a 10, she goes with me every Friday night to the local cruise night, she really likes going to the road trip events like DesMoines Goodguys and Salina leadsled shows. From the late '70's to the late '80's she helped me with every thing to do with drag racing, from pushing the car through the staging lanes to having good food to eat at the track. This past weekend she helped me print off an old article from HOTROD on dragster body shaping for my front engine dragster project.

26. Model A Mark

Model A Mark
    from dallas
    1. Holley 94 Group

mines a 10, never complains, brings my food to the shop, even fell asleep under my sedan one night, woke up with a bundle of shop rags under my head.
    we got married in my roadster, on a 110 degree day, have been a thousand miles in it, in the rain and cold.
    buys me car parts, of my choice, for my birthday and xmass. Iv got 2 engines, 2 blower set-ups in my living room, have a dismantled model A in the front room of our house, my closet is full of mags and carbs.
    Matter of fact, Iv got a tore down and cleaned 8BA stashed in her bathroom, she just steps around it, hah.
    She's a 10 for sure, In my eyes, in every way.
    Guess 3s a charm, my first 2 wife's didn't even like any of my old stuff.

Attached Files:

27. robertsregal

robertsregal

She is a 10 all day, she has been to many a salvage yard & road trip for the parts search, always supportive. I would not be as far with our project without her!!

28. pbr40

pbr40
    from NW Indiana

Mine is a 10 she's a kick ass wife!!! She helps anyway possible!!! She doesn't care a lot about cars but she helps anyway anyhow!!! Pretty lucky dude I am!

29. shadams

shadams

10 for sure here. I have run the gamut with hobbies from guns to computers to rc cars to travel trailers and fisihng, and have thrown a lot of money away much to the displeasure of the wife. But the second I asked her about an old car she lit up and we haven't looked back.....yet! Although one day she does want something of her own...

30. Jiminy

Jiminy

Ex was a -1.
    Fiance is a 9.5 - very supportive of all my projects, just sort of obsessive. That will change if I ever drag home a 40 Ford Deluxe Coupe - she will be a 12.