Register now to get rid of these ads!

what to do in Livonia Michigan

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by tracer55, Jun 17, 2013.

1. tracer55

tracer55
    from ohio

So will be heading up to Livonia Michigan for a wedding and thought might as well se if there is any cool Hot Rod stuff to check out in the area. Any suggestions?

2. snopeks garage

snopeks garage
    from macomb MI

Not that I know of :/

3. alchemy

alchemy

I don't know anybody in Livonia. ;)

4. Curt B

Curt B

The Henry Ford Museum is close by.

5. Drop by Denise's house unannounced & demand cookies.

6. John B

John B

Beat me to it!

7. JackdaRabbit

JackdaRabbit
    from WNC

I think Hotrodladycruiser hails from Livonia. AKA Denise

8. upspirate

upspirate

Denise can give the local lowdown,but there are lots of factory museums.Greenfield Village/Henry Ford Museum is a MUST SEE.

9. bobwop

bobwop
    from Arley, AL

I doubt there are any hotrodders in Livonia. Mostly snobs living there.

10. Maria

Maria

There are great HotRod people in Livonia! Denise can tell you where to find the best cruisings in town and ofcourse the Ford museum. Have fun.. we did... :)

11. flatheadpete

flatheadpete
    from Burton, MI

zing!

12. Bigcheese327

Bigcheese327

Bates Hamburgs. Then once you've filled up, burn the Hydramatic Plant.

13. 48 Indian Rag

48 Indian Rag
    from conn

Stayed in the area this past Feb.[ went to the autorama] Jack Roush has his personel collection of cars at a place off the west end of Plymouth Rd. it's open during the year for certain cruises and events. If you have the time the Yipsilanti Automotive Heritage Mueseum is a super way to spend an afternoon outstanding collection of Hudsons and history of Willow Run from Ford to Hudson to GM, And if Jack [if my old memory serve me right] is on duty have a good long conversation with him. His father started his dealership there in the early 30's and Jack had the Hudson dealership when they went under in the late fifty's the guy is a real living history of the area and the people in the auto industry.

14. raymay

raymay

I have some family in Michigan. Cruise on over to Holly for their Wednesday Cruise night. Great little town, good eats and nice cars. Make a Friday or Saturday night pass down Woodward. You probably will see some weekend cruisers.

15. theHIGHLANDER

theHIGHLANDER
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

A shit load of hot rods and muscle cars dominate the western suburbs. There's a cruise night on Mon, Tue, Wed, Thur, Fri, Sat, then always some Sunday car show somewhere. Google is your friend on that score. Even in my rural area there's a few cruise nights, specifically Mon, tues, thur, and sometimes on fri. It's going to depend on how long, how many days, what your schedule is for the event you're attending...

16. roddin-shack

roddin-shack

WOW !!! I think Denise may argue with you on that one, you might have
    just removed your name off the COOKIE LIST.;)

17. 57Custom300

57Custom300
    from Arizona

You can cruise out to Bakers in Milford off I96. They have a pretty good show on Sundays. As mention, plenty of cruises every night of the week in the Detroit area.

18. Really? I've spent some time there. People seemed rather friendly and warm. Plenty of car people. Maybe it's you?:rolleyes:

19. I think some of you guys need your sarcasm meters recalibrated ;)

20. Deuces

Deuces

You could cruise Hines Dr....:D:cool:
    I saw a few hotrods yesterday on the road...
    Hines Dr. used to be my old stompin' grounds back in the '70's....:D:D

21. theHIGHLANDER

theHIGHLANDER
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Well if that statement didn't bust through a couple cobwebs...:eek:

22. Deuces

Deuces

I take it in to work in the mornings off of Ford Rd. and get off at Merriman Rd.. No traffic on there in the early a.m. hours...;)
    Then I take Hines for the ride home.... With the top down on nice days... :)

23. metaldave

metaldave
    from michigan

the Ford truck plant tour out of Greenfield village is great. Down town Detroit by the river is nice. Eat in Greek town. See the new stadiums. Stay out of the neighborhoods. Kensington park in Milford is nice. Drive Woodward Ave.

24. Doctor Detroit

Doctor Detroit

When are you heading to Livonia? loveoftiki probably has some good suggestions.
    Detroit Midnight Mass is coming up on July 13th, not far from Livonia.

25. 31Apickup

31Apickup

The Henry Ford Museum & Greenfield Village are a must see. The Ypsilanti Auto Heritage museum is also good. Haven't been to any cruise nights in some time, but there is usually one a night somewhere in the Detroit area. The Livonia Spree car show is on the 30th. Hines Drive is a nice parkway to drive, when the weather is nice, there are always cars out for a ride. Baker's near Milford on Sundays has a good cruise in.

26. Hey I'm in What used to be called Lilly white livonia ha-ha... Ok go eat dinner at Chins on Plymouth road...old Polynesian themed restaurant built in 1954. ...almond chicken is awesome..if ya have a rental car go to Woodard ave in Highland PArk to see the Model T plant, from there wonder down Woodward to PIquette st to see the restored FOrd plant where Henry built his first production cars... Take a stroll a few block to the Boston EDison neighborhood where both Henry Ford and Mr FIscher do FIcher body lived..keep going down Woodward to exami e some of the beautiful architecture left in the city...than get to Dearborn and spend the day at the Henry Ford museum..also look athe the gates for the engineering building 1929! Man I love giving this tour to out of town hot rodders...ask any of the TN or Sacto Poor Boys...PM with any questions...

27. 29AVEE8

29AVEE8

I think "The Cat in The Hat", Jack Roush has some works there.

28. me thinks many peeps are gonna be cookieless this year that's ok she can send em my way :D

29. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

Very funny! You guys are all a hoot. :rolleyes::D

To the OP, when are you going to be in town?

30. Deuces

Deuces

This one needs a bump!.....