Register now to get rid of these ads!

Fathers Day - Was Your Dad A Car Guy?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Offset, Jun 14, 2013.

1. 48FordFanatic

48FordFanatic
    from Maine

My Dad never owned a car.

2. oldskoolshop

oldskoolshop

any one can be a father...it's takes a special person to be a "DAD"...sure miss ''papa" R.I.P.~ JT.

3. oddcraig

oddcraig

My Dad (for the short time he stuck around) was more of a truck guy but would always do the maintenance on his cars himself but never had the passion for them as he did trucks.

4. 55olds88

55olds88

My Dad was a vintage Steam guy, so all about real heavy metal, was involved in setting up and running a vintage railway locally which we spent time hanging around as kids, even though I live in my folks old house, its at the railway I see him and miss him when I visit.
    But he did appreciate old cars and the fact that a couple of his sons were suffering from the sickness !!

5. fsae0607

fsae0607

I'll say again,

the old man and me wrenching on my Colorado this morning on Father's Day:

[​IMG]

Happy Father's Day!

6. powerwagonmaniac1

powerwagonmaniac1
    from Aloha, OR

[​IMG]

Dad definitely was a car guy. I have been wrenching in our shop on our family cars since I was very young. I am the third generation to look after this old 1906 Holsman my grandfather and dad bought back in 1963. One of my favorite photos and memories is in this picture. I miss him very much . Took my son Carston to the races today in Dad's 1919 model T and had a ball.

Thanks Dad!

Happy Father's Day!!!

7. CFM

CFM
    from Santa Rosa

My dad liked cars but never built a hotrod or had mechanical skills that I knew of. He was a truck driver and worked 24/7 for 40 years building a business until a rollover claimed his life. My younger sister and I always had an old heap around and he would enjoy going for a ride or going to car shows or races with us. I miss him on days like this. (His trucks were always '59 chevy green)

[​IMG]

8. hippy killer

hippy killer

dont know if my dad was or not never met the guy how ever I sure am got it from my grandpa born 1941 he was a moonshiner then there was grandma born in 23 loved Harley motorcycles

9. 57maaaat

57maaaat

my dad was definitely a car guy, mechanic his whole life with an eye for detail. He bought a '57 dodge d100 several years before passing away from cancer. His passion wore off on me like crazy and now Im heading into the automotive industry just like he did. I'm now 18 and taking on the project of his dream truck hoping he'd be proud of me. Thanks for leaving me with this project dad

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!