Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage WALDENS Speed Shop Open House This Friday!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Bad Bob, Jun 10, 2013.

1. 3wLarry

3wLarry
    Member Emeritus
    from Owasso, Ok

ok bob...where's your pics? :)

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  2. bent metal

bent metal

Notice in that first picture is two of Walden's blower motors. The red one is a small block Chevy. The blue one that is closest is a Y-block Ford. Some one on this forum was looking for one of these but didn't believe me when I said Walden had them. But there it is. He also had Buick Nailheads with blower drives on them, which I didn't get a photo of.

Now some cars that were there pictures. Oh, I forgot hopefully some one got pictures of the work inside of Walden's shop. The frames/chassis were amazing. I see the sheet metal all the time, so I forgot to take pictures of that.

The motorcycle was a 1919, maybe a little older, Pierce. Which the gentelmen started up for us. Ran really nice, and the horn worked too.:)

Attached Files:

3. bent metal

bent metal

A three or so inch chop.

Attached Files:

4. Larry,you should know Bob has to sleep sometime and I'm sure he has tons of photos from all the festivities over the weekend.

He's probably still taking photos this Fathers Day Morning. HRP

5. Got home from LARS about an hour ago. Gonna spend time with the family. I'll post all the pic's tomorrow when I got home from work. So....start looking for them around 4:30pm,my time....
    Patience is a virtue!!! haha

I will say...opened at 5pm and parking was full by 6! Couldn't believe how HUGE this event has gotten.

6. 80WTI

80WTI

Thanks for the pics and look forward to some more.

7. I'm on lunch,so i'll post as many as I can...
    We opened the gate at 5pm and it was full inside by 6! I had to turn away a bunch of cars...NICE cars! I always feel bad,but I can only fit so many cars inside. The guys who DO get inside,hang out for about an hour before leaving,then it's "one out-one in". If you were one of the guys who got turned away,it's NOT personal. I only had to refuse one car this year,and it was a beautiful Nova,but he parked across the street. Bobby likes to keep it to Hotrods only,but as cars start leaving and the later it gets,that rule slides a little.
    I try to greet everybody with a handshake and a smile and thank them for coming. Many of the guys remember me from the past years,which is pretty cool! AND! I get some great pic's standing in the driveway...

Attached Files:

8. First guy I came in contact with was a HAMBer in this cool Roadster PU. Neat details,like the cowl vents and the bicycle latch for a column tilt.

Attached Files:

9. ....

Attached Files:

10. .....

Attached Files:

11. &^%#@

Attached Files:

12. &(^*_()

Attached Files:

13. jhgk.;j

Attached Files:

14. dfrhazjry

Attached Files:

15. Love Conrad's Coupe...

Attached Files:

16. Don't know if the writing on the side of this Roadster was legit or not,but it sounded NASTY!

Attached Files:

17. rdxctuhdjt

Attached Files:

18. xfydjftjck

Attached Files:

19. That's it til I get off....sorry!

20. Thanks for the pics looks like there was a lot of nice cars as always:cool:

21. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

Damnit! I'm soooo sorry I missed it this year. Kinda a long story, but I agreed to go to a concert that I thought was later in the evening but ended up running there as soon as I got into town... Absolutely sucked not being there as this and So-Cal are as important to me as the Roadster show it's self. Good to see you out at H.A.M.B. camp though.

22. Yep....it's one you don't want to miss. What I liked this year was,they had signs made up for each build,describing the build,car,history,etc. Great idea,Bobby.

23. Was anybody there when they lit off the '34 coupe inside the shop? Holy Shit!

I thought that car was a display queen because it was incredibly detailed and spotlessly clean. It looked like something straight off the show circuit in 1962. When he lit that car off, that Nailhead sounded killer. Funny, I had seen that car in pictures before and I wasn't excited. Once I saw it in person and heard it, it was one of my favorite cars there.

Bad Bob-
    Yes, that yellow roadster was a real surprise. It sounded nasty!

I like Bobby's Open House. Some serious hot rods always show up.

24. That blue 34 Coupe doesn't have a nailhead. It's a 1966 427 Side-oiler! Sounds like a front engine dragster!!!

25. I was so blown away at the attention to detail on that car and all the chrome, I assumed it had a Nailhead. Sound have taken a closer look at the valve covers and distributor location. Thanks for the correction!!

26. Thanks for the shots Bob. Great to finally meet you, awesome time.

27. Here are some pictures I took,

Attached Files:

• 004.JPG
      004.JPG
      File size:
      368.5 KB
      Views:
    • 008.JPG
      008.JPG
      File size:
      337.7 KB
      Views:
    • 009.JPG
      009.JPG
      File size:
      363.9 KB
      Views:
    • 012.JPG
      012.JPG
      File size:
      363.7 KB
      Views:
    • 016.JPG
      016.JPG
      File size:
      382.4 KB
      Views:
    • 013.JPG
      013.JPG
      File size:
      401.5 KB
      Views:
    • 014.JPG
      014.JPG
      File size:
      387.1 KB
      Views:
    • 015.JPG
      015.JPG
      File size:
      380.1 KB
      Views:
    • 018.JPG
      018.JPG
      File size:
      356.6 KB
      Views:
    • 019.JPG
      019.JPG
      File size:
      392.7 KB
      Views:
    • 021.JPG
      021.JPG
      File size:
      326.6 KB
      Views:
    • 007.JPG
      007.JPG
      File size:
      382.8 KB
      Views:
    • 011.JPG
      011.JPG
      File size:
      351.4 KB
      Views:
    Last edited: Jun 17, 2013
  28. Mr.Bomba

Mr.Bomba

Thanks Bob!!

29. MTR-HD-Ordie

MTR-HD-Ordie

My first real event for an opportunity to meet a few fellow
    hamb members, Had a great time, just not enough time to see all the cool cars! Thanks to all for sharing the pictures

30. philly the greek

philly the greek
    from so . cal.

Hey Bob , thanks for "squeez'in " me and my buddy in . You still coming by this week ?