Register now to get rid of these ads!

History Eastwood & Barakat

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Rick Barakat, Apr 30, 2011.

1. Rick Barakat

Rick Barakat

We are under the biggest tree in the swap area. We had a great time today and we are looking forward to seeing everyone at the celebration. The menu is all set.
    Fried chicken, chips, cookies, custom cake made by my son and custom orange M&Ms that have EASTWOOD & BARAKAT printed on them. Remember, no shirt, no food but you can still hang out with us.

2. Saw Monique's video and pic on Facebook and another shot of the car at Waldens on Facebook also - very envious I am not there - have fun guys!

3. lomonte

lomonte
    from Indep., MO

Well? We need pics!

4. Spork!

Spork!

The car was looking good!

Attached Files:

5. Spork!

Spork!

Rick's son made a cake with the car on it. Pretty cool (and tasty too!). :p

Attached Files:

6. Spork!

Spork!

My 29 and the E&B Sedan.

Thanks Rick for bringing the car out for all of us to see in person. And thank you and your wife for putting on a tasty lunch!

It was great to meet you and Pete and so appreciate you guys putting the car back together. It was such an inspiration to me when I was a young man just starting out building hot rods and it still hits the same spots as it did so many years ago.

I picked up a starter from one of the vendors and swapped it out and was able to drive it home. Headed back up in the morning.

Attached Files:

7. billsill45

billsill45
    from SoCal

Rick & Jan Barakat and daughter Erika (sp?) hosted a tasty luncheon at the 2013 L.A. Roadsters Show (LARS) for all of their friends on the HAMB and other supporters of and contributors to the Eastwood & Barakat '32 Sedan project. If you were rockin' an E & B T-shirt, it was your ticket for lunch. If you "forgot" your shirt, Rick had an ample supply in all popular sizes to sell you!

Interesting details: the cake was decorated by son Richard (note Mom & Dad pictured in the car!). Rick also had M & M candies imprinted "Eastwood & Barkakat" (the photographer had a brain cramp and forget to get a picture).

The Barakat's celebration was certainly appreciated by all of us who participated. It's easy to see why Rick and Jan have many friends in the car hobby.

Attached photos show Rick & Jan at work, as well as just a few of the many folks who stopped by to say hello and check out the car. When time permits, I'm sure that Rick will post details about the folks who visited, many of them friends that he and Jan have made through the '32 project.

The Model TT truck is one of Pete Eastwood's fleet ... A beautiful truck that Pete used to haul his swap meet parts as well as to pull a '39 Nash that he also was selling at LARS.

Thanks for a great day.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 16, 2013
  8. Tio Geo

Tio Geo

Rick and Jan thank you for hosting a nice lunch and get togather. It's nice to see that street rodding is still a family activity. Jan, your a good sport.....Thanks for putting up with all of us "car" guys.....and Rick for that matter (ha ha) Had a nice time, Thanks again

9. Rick Barakat

Rick Barakat

What a great couple of days it has been. I have met more HAMB guys than I can name.
    All fluent in HOT ROD. What a relaxing day just hanging out and visiting with everyone. And yes it is a family hobby. Melinda and Bobby Walden came by with their children and John Carambia was there with his father, John Sr. representing both ends of the spectrum.
    I'm off to LARS now and hope to see more HAMB guys.
    Thanks for the pictures guys!

Last edited: Jun 17, 2013
  10. willysguy

willysguy
    from Canada

Great build thread, great car Rick! Well done!

11. What a great weekend!

Rick and Pete were able to save us a swap meet spot on Friday morning and we unloaded all our stuff and then realized that we were halfway out in the aisle and had to "reconfigure". That was fun...

On Friday afternoon, we headed out and checked on some of the Open Houses. I saw Rick at So-Cal but didn't see him at Bobby's. That place was packed. Bobby's shop has a really cool vibe to it, and on Friday night, it was packed with nothing but hard-core hot rodders. Guys like Jim Jacobs, Robert Williams, and others. MY people......

Got back too late (9:20 pm) and they wouldn't let us drive the truck back in, so we had to sleep in the parking lot in the bed of the truck. Jot that down under Lessons Learned......... That really sucked.

On Saturday morning, I got an "animated" call from Rick who thought that because he didn't stake out his spot that someone was going to roll in on Saturday morning and swipe it. No worries. We had to chase off a few guys, and we had to put out some boxes to fend off the hounds. It all worked out good.

Saturday was a blast. Did OK on the swap meet, didn't buy much because I was mostly being a salesman and not a buyer. So many people came by to visit, and our area was the place to hang out. It was a Who's Who of hot rodding at Rick and Pete's and a Who's Who of custom painting and pinstriping at our spot. All day long, we we visited by guys from all over. We had a blast hanging out with friends.

The food was excellent, and when it was all done, I thanked Jan for all of her hard work behind the scenes. She was a huge part of this, and I wanted to make sure that I thanked her before she left.

Had a great time, and I'm already thinking about next year!!!

12. Can't wait for Mondays!!!

13. lomonte

lomonte
    from Indep., MO

Sounds like a ball! Wish I coulda been there.

14. Tio Geo

Tio Geo

Bill.....Thank you for taking pictures.

15. gc427

gc427
    from SoCal

Looks like a great time had by all!

That's what the HOT ROD scene should always be about.

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

16. Rick
    Thanks for a great meal!!
    It was good to see the car and you as well as your wonderful bride!!
    Fuzzy and Nettie

17. malcolm1943

malcolm1943

Rick, Jan, and Pete,
    Thanks for hosting a great lunch and get together of all the people from the HAMB that were fortunate to be able to assist in there-construction of an iconic hot rod. It was a real reward for me to see the completed car, it is awesome and looks like a really fun ride! The lunch was great and so much fun meeting guys and being able to put faces with their online handles. Keep us posted on the date for the trip to the dragstrip for the photo shoot and burnout session!!

18. Rick Barakat

Rick Barakat

Fuzzy-
    You have a wonderful daughter that seems to share your passion for cars. Let's just hope she understands the foolishness of a Ford motor in a Ford.:D

Here is a video by Monique in the Sedan. Turn the volume up.
    It said it was an invalid file. Anybody know how to post video?

19. deucemac

deucemac

Rick,

It was great to talk to you on Saturday and swap stories. The car looked great and i very much enjoyed the chicken lunch. It is great to be among so many hot rod friends and share our passion. Hope to see you Thursday if the roadster is back together. My "crew" will proudly wear the shirts too!

20. Looks like a great time was had by all - thanks to those who posted pics - great stuff

21. Rick Barakat

Rick Barakat

I've got more pictures to post and more stories to tell. Should be about a weeks worth of stuff. Since I took off Friday I have to hit it hard today. Should post more pictures this evening.

As I've said many times before, thanks for all the support. It got me through the hard times of the build.

I am definitely having more fun driving the Sedan than can be legal. Aside from the speed exhibition and speeding.

22. It is only illegal if you
    Get Caught!!!:D

23. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

Thanks Rick! One of the best things this weekend was meeting you and seeing the car in person! Lunch was perfect! Thanks for the directions to LAX, too. Worked like a charm.

24. Rick Barakat

Rick Barakat

All right guys. Here's the deal. Thom Taylor of Hot Rod Magazine came by at LARS and said we are on for Thursday night at Irwindale. Starting at 4:30. Anybody available to help crew? You know help uncork the headers, change tires, take our own pictures etc.

25. wkends

wkends
    from Kentucky

It was nice meeting you saturday and getting my shirt and the water was nice too. From the looks of what I seen around while walking the show you now have the worlds largest pit crew!! Your car looked great!
    Thanks again,

26. Tio Geo

Tio Geo

okay......i'm about 71 32/64's % sure i will be there on thursday, but after 6:00 p.m.

Am i in???

27. billsill45

billsill45
    from SoCal

I'm in at about 81.3% ... I've got a couple of things going earlier in the day, but should be available at 4:30 PM. If it was 4:30 AM, you'd be on your own ... I am not a morning person !!

28. malcolm1943

malcolm1943

Rick, I'm about 87.5% to be able to be there at the 4:30 time!

29. Rick Barakat

Rick Barakat

Tio Geo-
    You're in! Rumor has it you sold your E&B shirt two rows over at LARS. Jan said she saw you. No shirt and you're out!!!;)
    billsill45-
    Don't forget your camera. I'm sure the HAMB guys don't want to wait for the November issue of Hot Rod to see pictures.
    Malcolm1943-
    See you then.

Am I the only one in 100%????:D

30. Pete Eastwood

Pete Eastwood
    from california