Register now to get rid of these ads!

Support from your wife/girlfriend.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 34Larry, Jun 14, 2013.

1. I sold mine into slavery to help pay for my hot rod. (jk)

2. 40FordGuy

40FordGuy

Mine's in the 10 column..... She does want to see the 40 out on the road soon, and went with me to all 11 of the NSRA Golden State Nationals, in Sacramento.

4TTRUK

3. 40FordGuy

40FordGuy

Ps; We're married 46 years !!!

4TTRUK

4. olscrounger

olscrounger
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

probably a 9-10. Has put up with the car stuff and me for 35 yrs. Goes to shows, etc with me and helps in the garage when I need it (hang fenders, install trim,etc and has installed 61-62 Vette dashpads). She is a banker by trade so very $$ oriented but always OK with another project being done if the funds are there. Never been an issue-her only concern is that when I start one, I follow thru to completion in a reasonable amount of time so there isn't a car torn apart all over the garage for extended periods.

5. Count me as one of the lucky ones,,we have been married for 41 years and Brenda is very supportive and enjoys the old cars & hot rods as much as me!

In my book she rates a 12. :)

BTW,,the wagon is hers. HRP

[​IMG]

6. ANDEREGG TRIBUTE

ANDEREGG TRIBUTE
    from Bordertown

I am with you HRP...
    Well that is if I make it through the weekend. Was talking about this thread last night, told her she was a solid 8 maybe even a 9.....she said "oh ya?" I said ya, a 10 would probably have dirty fingernails....well she gives me this look (I knew I had blown it) and reminded me how many times she scraped mud and washed the racecar after wheel packing and hot laps, so it would be spotless for qualifying and heat races....some jibberish oozed out of my mouth, I hope it had something to do with making her an 11....it must have she made me lunch today, and has been pleasant. Shes certainly a keeper, a car crazy cutie all the way!!!!

7. bblue34

bblue34

mine a 3, likes them when I sell one and give her the money....

8. OrneryDuck

OrneryDuck

10! She loves working on the cars as much as she does driving them. Now if only my wallet were as supportive...

9. rustang

rustang

Solid 10....I building my '38 Chev truck for her....she even looked for weeks for Orange nail polish to match the trucks Hugger Orange....

I told her I will have basecoat left over after painting it......she just looked at me, turned and walked away muttering something about smartass...

She lives in a house where the guys outnumber her 3:1... and spent last Mothers Day at the track supporting her guys in AutoX....... and said she had the most fun day ever...... she got to ride with a number of competitors, even some she did not know... :)

Looks 10....Attitude 10.....personality 10........love of mechanical things 10.....

10. sdf1965

sdf1965

10, She loves the cars as much as I do. Actually the 34 in my avatar is her car. She has always been behind me on everything cars, was the reason I owned a hot rod shop in the 90's. Was at every race when I was driving a alcohol funny car.

Just last week she went home to TN to visit family, she just gets to town and calls me on the cell. She wanted to know if she could bring a 55 Ford F100 home with her, I said sure, but another person offered more for the truck and she knew what it was worth and would not offer more to get it.

11. BillyM

BillyM

I'd say a solid 7 or 8. She isn't into working on them, but certainly "gets" that I do, and loves the fact that I'm obsessed. She's awesome, couldn't ask for better......

12. oldskewl

oldskewl

My wife is probably a 5-6. She likes the vehicles and supports me, but she doesn't care if I buy, sell, or trade them.

13. V4F

V4F
    from middle ca.

10 ++++++ for many years , now not so much .... 2 - 3 ......... looking for another 10 .

14. ronnieroadster

ronnieroadster

My wife is a 10++++++++ Heck she's probably ridden and driven more miles in Deuce than most. And she's even driven the Lakester around a bit.
    Ronnieroadster

15. BaBa

BaBa

She was not enthusiastic during the build. Probably a 0-1. Now that we have taken a few drives she said to me the other day" Hey, this thing is kind of fun to go cruising in on the weekends".
    So she is pushing towards north of 5. But there never has been a 10. Ever.

16. my wife says she is a 7.5, i think she is closer to ten.

17. riseabove_xxx

riseabove_xxx
    from Michigan

Shes about a 8.
    She goes to swap meets and car shows with me. But get annoyed when Im in the garage all the time.
    I wont talk about how she gets when I spend money on the car lol

18. OldColt

OldColt

I'm still on the first wife going on 40 years now. She started out a 10, and is now about an 8. We went to the races on our first date. She helped me rebuild complete engines and carbs on drag cars back in the 70's. She drove one & I drove the other. When she wasn't driving down the strip herself, she was helping me in the pits. The only reason she has dropped to an 8 is because she can't move around like she used to, and leaves all the car work (except for cleaning & waxing) to me. She still loves going to cruise nights and car shows with me. She is particulary fond of old Woodys, street rods and old muscle cars. --- Steve ---

19. Been a few years for me and my girl but she is deffinetly a 10++++. In fact im not sure which she likes more the cars or me....

20. lc1963

lc1963
    from iowa

My wife gets the 10
    She is very supportive in whatever I do. It's not really her thing.
    I think the wife that supports it even though it's not really their thing is definitely a 10.

21. bengeltiger

bengeltiger

25 years of marriage and I'll give her at least a 7. She's not a car fan but she's my fan so she supports my interests. (She's looking over my shoulder and campaigning for an 8.)

22. Rickybop

Rickybop
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

That's right...give and take. My wife doesn't care much for a lot of cloathes, manicures and makeup, fancy furniture, and stuff, (thank God) but she loves flowers in the garden, flowering bushes, little ponds with waterfalls, wind chimes, houses/feeders/baths for the birds, etc. We've got birds! She even puts seed in the window sills, so we've always got birds in the windows...even when they're open. "Well, hello there bird"...lol. And I don't care. In fact, I like it. And I bust my butt tilling the gardens, and weeding and stuff. But I reap the benefits. I guess we share each other hobbies.

Thanks Saxman. And she said to thank you too.

23. 62cadd

62cadd

24. midnightrider78

midnightrider78

Definitely a 10! Is perfectly happy walking all day in 90+ degrees for Goodguys. When Porkys was still around, she came with me every Saturday for cruise night. She lets me plan vacations around nostalgia drags, route 66, etc. She offers to buy me tools even when I am not sure we should be spending the money on them. She has no objection when I tell her, out of the blue, that we need to jump in the car and drive 150 miles to look at another project. She is actually happy when we speculate about our son taking after me with regard to the love of old cars and going fast. I couldn't ask for any better!

25. 34Larry

34Larry

Well as you know from my postings things could be better in this regard.
    She is in all other fields right up there around the 10 mark. She is in town with her sick mother all day today so started working the 34 around 9 this morning, took a break to meet with my three daughters for fathers day dinner and came back and continued where I left off. It is 12:45 AM, just came in washed up, pulled up H.A.M.B. and am off to the sack. Should hit it again about 8 in the morning.
    I wanted to redo the steering by moving the column up 2" at the fire wall and refabing my brake pedal arm.
    If you ever put a B&M 727 torqueflite in a 30's Ford, be warned. There ain't much space for your feet, steering column, bellhousing cover, and brake pedal.
    Ga'nite matie.

26. chiro

chiro

My wife only cares about one thing...me being faithful. She knows the Hot Rod is my only mistress so she is more than happy to indulge me in the hobby. When I started the build of my AV8 a few years ago, she was driving in town and snapped a picture of a T coupe Hot Rod cruising through town and asked me if my Hot Rod was going to be like that one. When I told her it would be, she enthusiastically said, "Cool. I can't wait to cruise in it. Looks like a blast".

I think I'll keep her...for about FOREVER. LOL

Andy

27. 40fordtudor

40fordtudor

You stay safe---thank you.

28. classicdreamer

classicdreamer
    from nyc
    1. A-D Truckers

Maybe an 8 when it is convenient for her. Otherwise, I didn't see any mention of a negative number category.

29. As long as the bills are paid, mine is pretty much okay with it....she doesn't care for car shows, and rarely goes with me to them...that's okay, I don't really care to go fabric shopping with her (she is a professional seamstress) and she will lend a hand when needed, but she would rather wait and see if I can get a buddy to help. She will be up in her sewing room, I will be at the opposite end of the house in the garage, but we both know where the other one is, and that he/she is doing what they want, and having a good time. So, I guess around a 6 or 7?

30. supervert

supervert

I would say that mine is a 8, she loves the cars and going to the shows. And she doesn't complain when we go somewhere and I pull out my keys and its 110 deg. outside and her car has air. The only time she bitches about my lifestyle is the amount of junk that I collect, the swap meets, and the registrations that come monthly.( I have about 10 or so cars, a couple of trailers, a few tractors and a some bikes ) I'm a addict