Register now to get rid of these ads!

Which Car would you rather have?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by GearHead614, Jun 15, 2013.

?

Which Car would you rather have?

Poll closed Jun 18, 2013.
  1. 57 Olds

39 vote(s)
    45.9%
  2. 37 Pontiac

46 vote(s)
    54.1%
  1. GearHead614

GearHead614

2. Anderson

Anderson

Why would you trade something you have and like for something you don't like?

And furthermore, trading what looks to be a nice two door (albeit a sedan) with a clean interior for a 4-door that kinda looks like a basket case?

I do not think that is a fair trade.

3. Keep the Pontiac. It's older, cooler and it's a two door.

4. GearHead614

GearHead614

Neither Car is really what i want! im just trying to trade up to a nice A or T rod!

5. bgaro

bgaro

keep looking for the one you want, or the one you could turn into the one you want. they look about equal to me.

6. brad2v

brad2v

I'd say wait for a buyer. The more-door would be a much tougher sell. Plus (and I will offend a few people with this comment) I think 4 doors with shaved rear handles only are extra lame.

7. Jay71

Jay71

Man if that Olds was a 2 dr. it'd be a no brainer for me. 57 Olds is one of my dream cars. I cant get past the 2 extra doors though. In this case I'd keep the Poncho.

8. I voted for the Olds, but after looking at the pics of both, keep the poncho.

9. Don's Hot Rods

Don's Hot Rods
    from florida

The part that throws me is you aren't really interested in the Olds, but are considering it . :confused: Anyway, I would take the 57 in a heartbeat, what a great cruiser, 4 door or not, and it is a hardtop.

Don

10. black 62

black 62
    from arkansas

if you are looking for a keeper take the trade otherwise pass...

11. R Pope

R Pope

Either one is a cool cruiser, its just a matter of which one turns your crank.....

12. scrubba

scrubba

Since I didn't see a picture, I don't think it's fair I vote ............. scrubba

13. Tatzandrodz

Tatzandrodz
    from Maryland

Every one has 2 doors. 4 doors makes life easier and i like the look.

14. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

one thing for sure, I am not looking at two $15,000.00 cars here.

15. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

I'm in Canada, and I agree.

16. mashed

mashed
    from 4077th

[​IMG]

17. waterhorse

waterhorse

If both parties are happy it's a good trade.

18. Fleetside

Fleetside

I voted Olds... but you need to shave all the door handles on a moredoor or don't do it at all. Lower that puppy and it will be sweet.

19. voted for the Poncho, only 4dr rigs I like are Wagons..

20. Old-Soul

Old-Soul

The olds was built by a friend of mine 6 or so years ago. He's a professional body man of 20+ years, he does quality work. He bought the car for his dad to restore but his dad lost interest. He replaced the floors and fixed the minimal body rust there was properly. The interior is in awesome shape (or was, last time I saw the car) and it was an awesome summer cruiser for my friend for a year or so. He then sold it (probably to the guy selling it now) who jacked up the rear end (an may have been responsible for the handles, I don't remember them being shaved). Knowing what I know about the Olds, I'd trade. Just because it hadn't been "street rodded" back in the day.

Don't get me wrong Mike, I like your sedan, but you've been "unf*cking" someone else's "handy work" since you got it. I think the Olds would be an easier sell once you paint it (though the Pontiac would be too.)

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

21. GearHead614

GearHead614

If im not in a hurry to sell i always ask high! and i always hope for that one person that will come by with a big wad of cash!:rolleyes: haha

22. mrdodge

mrdodge

There's your answer right there !! It's not what you want so either hold out for what you really want, or maybe even finish the Ponty off. My 2 cents.:D

23. I totally agree,, think the 57 Looks great! HRP

24. Dident read that it was a four door before I voted.......

25. Ruggie

Ruggie

I voted for the pontiac just because from what i can see from the pics it looks to be in better shape then the olds.I can live with four doors but the alingment of the doors on the olds is all over the place to start.If you are looking to trade up or sell i think the pontiac is the safer bet.

26. Oh too many car I like and too little time.

27. jazz1

jazz1

buy what you want, why screw around trading up/down,,obviously car prices in Alberta are ridiculous ,,,where else can you push a wheel barrow for $5K a week,,per diem included of course...

28. brad chevy

brad chevy

The right paint and different tire and wheel package on the Pontiac and it would be a descent car. The Olds is just what it is a fake 2 door .