Register now to get rid of these ads!

Use of injector stacks on top of a blower:

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by c-10 simplex, Jan 24, 2013.

1. c-10 simplex

c-10 simplex

Point taken. But another ASSpect i was thinking of might be that the racer(s) already had an existing set of injector stacks for a while and then they got a blower but didn't have add'l funds/or wanted to be frugal so they decided to try to adapt the stacks first. And then when the funds came in they could finally get a hat.

2. kngfisher

kngfisher
    from Virginia

Sometimes looks before function. I personally like the efi 8 stack and blower look who cares if it slightly retards max performance for how many of us spend the weekends doing 1/4 mile runs with our cars every weekend. These cars are more cruisers then drag cars at this point.

3. TheTrailerGuy

TheTrailerGuy

Sweet Fancy Moses!!! I like it!

4. oj

oj

All that is needed above the blower is an air gate. Something to control the amount of air going into the engine, it can take whatever form your imagnation can come up with. The gate has little or nothing to do with the fuel, the amount of fuel is controlled by the barrell valve - actually it is more complex than that - and the fuel is pressure injected into the engine and really has nothing to do with the blower itself.

5. the barrel valve is fully open at about 40% throttle then as the rpm increase the pump take over until the high speed jet opens at a certain pressure leaning it out