Register now to get rid of these ads!

Support from your wife/girlfriend.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 34Larry, Jun 14, 2013.

1. Fuel to burn

Fuel to burn

^^^too funny!

mine is 10 if it's a car she likes, 0 for a car she doesn't.

2. shivasdad

shivasdad
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Texas

Mine's a good solid 8. She's a big help in the shop and encourages me in my passion. I am a lucky man.

3. MrModelT

MrModelT

Mrs. Model T is a solid 9.

She gives advice, doesn't complain about me going to the shop (35 miles away) twice a week, visits me while I work, even gets greasy from time to time. She is also full of idea of what I should build for her :D.

She also puts up with me dragging home parts...and a few cars in the near future I hope :D

Sent from Mr. ModelT's DROID device using the TJJ mobile app

Last edited: Jun 16, 2013
  4. trollst

trollst

33 long miserable years together, never bitches when I spend too much time in the shop, never helps unless asked, views my shop as uncharted territory, will not let anyone in if I'm not there, no matter who. Never goes to car shows or cruise nights, enjoys riding in my cars but gets embarrassed when waved at, never complains about cost provided everything else in our world is right, doesn't get the car thing at all, got very offended when told she wasn't allowed to come with me to Bonneville cause I want to see it all.
    However, I wouldn't trade her, not even for a real nice 32, she's definitely a 10.

5. WB69

WB69
    from Kansas

Definitely a 10. She has never said no and lately telling me to build a bigger shop!! Wooo Hoooo.......time to start drawing up plans.

6. 10 + here! She helps me turn wrenches, goes racing with me, tows me down the return road. And when I might think we have too many cars and it's time to sell one she actually talks me out of it! Keeper!

I thinks she's pretty HOT too!

[​IMG]

7. Rickybop

Rickybop
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Oh man...she's definitely a 10, even though I wouldn't call her "obsessive".
    More like extremely supportive.

My girlfriend before her informed me that I was "allowed" to have only 1 car at a time...lol. When she saw my '52 Chevy sedan, she called it a "lugwump". I said, "Whaaaat?" She said, "It doesn't have any spirit". Bitch...lol.

When I first started dating my wife, and she saw my '52 Chevy 2dr, she stuck her head in and said, "Man...this thing has character!"...and dragged me into the back seat for ummmm...kisses. We've been together for 26 good years. Over that time, she's been more than supportive. She's bought me tools, including a $2,000 compressor. If we can afford it, every Christmas she asks me what kind of power tool I need. She bought me the complete set of Henry Gregor Felsen's and Don Montgomery's books. She talked to Don on the phone a couple of times, and had him sign the books. I talked with Don too, and he told me he thoroughly enjoyed speaking with her. She's helped pay for a number of vintage cars over the years. The first year I was a Hamb member, she surprised me by paying for my first alliance membership. She likes the Hamb. I can't laugh at some of the funny shit you guys come up with without her insisting I share it with her...and she laughs and shakes her head. My shop is 100yds behind the house in one of the barns. She'll help me if I ask, but usually just comes out to hang out and brings me refreshments and goodies. She loves to go for cruises in the country in my old cars. I should say used to. Lately, we've had some difficulties...including financial...and I had to sell all my cars and almost all my engines and parts. She cried very much when I had to sell the '37 Chevy coupe and my roadster project, because she knows what they meant to me. She looked at me with tears streaming down her face, and said, "Rick...I'm so sorry you had to sell your cars." I think she felt even worse than I did. We have hope for the future though. She's a peach, and I love her with all my heart.

Is that a 10?

8. wingedexpress

wingedexpress

Mines a 9,Even has her own truck (38 chevy).

9. joeycarpunk

joeycarpunk
    from MN,USA

My wife's a 10, car-wise interest probably 5. She'll ride with me anywhere I go rain or shine with a topless car to boot. But has no desire to have her own vehicle and tolerates the time and expense since it makes me happy. She's a woman of special mightyness to put up with me for 30 years. She's a keeper.

10. Doc Squat

Doc Squat
    from tulsa, ok

Most likely an 8. She thinks I'm a little selfish but I remind her that she has the car that she wanted (Nissan 350Z) and I never look at her checkbook.
    ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    Like I told the kid, "Your music's not too loud its just like OKC, it sucks!"

Pray for Moore, Oklahoma.

11. dragster dude

dragster dude

depends on what insane idea i'm having at the time but usually around 9

12. Definitely a 10... She has a list of about 7 cars she wants me to build just for her... and loves that I have my office in the house and two shops on the farm to hang out and work in. Not really a helper - unless I ask her - but very supportive.

13. Kiwi 4d

Kiwi 4d
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

10 + 10 fer sure. Not a 100% car gal but she supports my habit 100%. Always hinting to go on runs. I let her artistic side choose the colors for all our cars and she is never wrong,. But man at present trying to get her to decide on a custom scheme for our 49 coupe has her in a quandary. Well this has always ben her car. Blue with lace , blue scallops . Blue flake, green flake and fade, custom side trim?????? Honey ,Please decide before I have a brain FADE!!!!!

14. ChefMike

ChefMike

My wife would be a 10 she thinks its very cool ! and likes to help

15. Mark Fox

Mark Fox

My wife's a 1.5. She doesn't mind me going to swap meets, car shows ect. But doesn't want to get involved. She has her own thing, she is Craft Vader!

16. losthubcap

losthubcap
    from Upstate NY

My girlfriend is only a 1, and I even let her steer while I push !

17. 40fordtudor

40fordtudor

She's the one that registered the 40 in todays car show---just last nite she said "you need to drive it more often." Guess she's at least an 8.

18. 3-8 depends on her mood, this is an 8 day.:eek: Tat's just magic marker by our son's girlfriend.

Attached Files:

19. A solid 1! She's a great gal but just isn't into traditional stuff & customs. She likes the late 60 and 70's crap :eek:!

20. wesmigletz

wesmigletz

My old lady is an 8-9. She'll come out and help with the engine swaps, has been on a couple cross country trips in our 62 Vette, and rode in my 67 SWB from FT Knox to L.A., then up to Tacoma in the middle of winter without a heater.

21. MoparJoel

MoparJoel

8- After 7 years of marriage she has worked her way up to it, She has gone to shows with me but its kicking and screaming and she usually complains the whole time, but she is always on ebay looking for parts I need and she knows more about my cars than most of the diehard "gear heads" that come up and want to talk about it she could easily fool someone looking at her wouldn't think of her as a car Girl with all her name brand cloths and accessories and good looks...:eek:

22. damagedduck

damagedduck
    from Greeley Co

Back when I moved her in.......... -57 .....she couldn't understand why there was a transmission in the bedroom or why I had carburetors lined up on the wall like trophies?
    Now maybe a strong 9.90 :cool: still get pissed when I bring parts in the house (well at least I quit washing parts in the dish washer)
    She has learned to leave me alone when I'm out working on junk! we still argue about me NOT wanting shinny paint on every damn thing :eek: & she has gone to bone yards & swap meets on her own,

23. Lild

Lild

Mine is a 3. She isnt into cars but goes to shows and cruises because I like to and she buys me parts for birthdays and holidays

24. LSR 2909

LSR 2909
    from Colorado

25. bulletproof1

bulletproof1
    from tulsa okla

10. I get parts for Christmas ,birthdays, fathers day. she always goes to shows ,swap meets, and the drags. almost never complains about it.

26. williebill

williebill

The ex started out as about a 7,gradually went down to a 0,after she threatened to "smash that damn car with a sledgehammer".. I convinced her that my car was related to Christine,and she stayed out of the garage after that.
    Current girlfriend wants me to finish my projects. As for the time requirements,we'll see how she handles that. She's out of town this weekend,so I'll do an all-nighter after work today.

27. 1971BB427

1971BB427
    from Oregon

I'm having a tough time putting a number on my wife's attitude. She loves the cars, and she makes sure I'm fed while I'm out busting knuckles on a build. She gives me all the time I want for projects, and cruises, but she rarely attends any car functions.
    Can't fault her for not wanting to sit around or walk car shows, but it's the only thing she doesn't do, so I'll give her a 9.5

28. speedfreek155

speedfreek155

29. 9 and I'd be about the same to her . She is accepting of my idiosyncrasies and I am good with hers . I play with cars she plays Bagpipes in a pipe band . She will hold a bumper in place for me or help mask and I will fix broken instruments for her .

30. About a 7-8.When we first met she was a 12+ then that slowly faded away over time. She used to go to all the shows with me and cruises, now I'm lucky if I can get her to go to more than two a season! Also, I can "only" have one car at a time, I tested that theory and called her bluff, she didn't say the car had to be assembled!!!!. I got one car related sign for fathers day a couple of years ago but that's it, nothing for Christmas, B-day, etc..She put's up with it, when we were looking for a house a few years ago I told her it needed a pole barn so she did stick to that criteria when we were looking and we found one, so she does understand after 15 years together, this is something that isn't going to go away...