Register now to get rid of these ads!

Features 1959-60 Ford F100 Pics?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by BEAR, Jun 17, 2008.

1. Marti Ann

Marti Ann

If it's a factory 4 x 4, it must be a 250, right? It's pretty cute. How much are you asking?

2. INF

INF
    from las vegas

I'm doin the same thing with the big window crewcab

3. finn

finn

My new acquisition is in my avitar. Ignore the wheels.

4. kidzintha34fodor

kidzintha34fodor

Even though this is a 59-60 thread, I think 57's fit! And I've been wanting to post on this thread for awhile now! So, here is my beater 57 shop truck that I just got on the road.

EZRA 405.jpg

EZRA 406.jpg

EZRA 407.jpg

EZRA 408.jpg

5. Unibodyguy

Unibodyguy

I like it! Looks great to me.

6. kidzintha34fodor

kidzintha34fodor

302/C-4, a couple of leafs taken out of the rear, and an axle flip in the front.

7. Stevie Nash

Stevie Nash

I posted my '59 last spring when I first got it. My goal was to de-streetrod it as much as possible. Been working hard, but most of it has been in engine and suspension work. Also the interior has been updated.

Before

[​IMG]

After

[​IMG]

Before

[​IMG]

After

[​IMG]

Bad Bob likes this.
  8. Looks awesome. Sits just right!

9. paco

paco
    from Atlanta

Stevie - that is a awsome transformation ... looking good - now.

10. kidzintha34fodor

kidzintha34fodor

Thanks! I'm thinking I may do an axle flip and a "C" notch in the rear to get it down just a little more.

11. Mellowgt

Mellowgt

Pulled the valve covers today and they were pretty gunked up. Two pushrods had fallen down into the intake valley. I had turned the engine over a few times and a few valves were stuck from sitting 3 years. The last time this truck was driven was in 2009. It was a one owner 292 farm truck. I worked the stuck valves with oil and a rubber mallet, they seem to be working for now. The pushrods looked fine so I put them back in and adjusted them. My question is, do you think this engine can be saved? It's gunked up pretty bad under the valve covers. Is there anything you can run to clean it out some until I rebuild it? I read about adding ATF to the crankcase or diesel mixture, just never tried it so I wasn't sure. Here is what I'm dealing with.
    [​IMG]

12. paco

paco
    from Atlanta

Oh ... that looks like the oil was ... never changed. Should be a smoker when you get it going IMO.

Possible to change oil, remove large scale solid oil & blow out as much of those chunks as possible.

Late 70's & early 80's sbc used to look this way when the oil was never changed. Just "baked" onto heads. Use to clog rear drain holes & cause oil drainage onto exh. & intake valves. Then ... lots of smoke.

Try it ...

13. Mellowgt

Mellowgt

Yeah, my thoughts as well or the old man never drove it long distances on the farm. They will get gunked up like this as well if you never get them up to operating temps. Either way I'm going to try to salvage it till I get around to the rebuild.

14. Hotrod1959

Hotrod1959

You need to drop the pan and give that top end a pressure wash with kerosene. Clear oil galleries with thin welding rod. Buy a cheap hand pump sprayer and spray, soak, repeat. Change oil and add one quart kerosene fluid in place of one quart of oil. Let it circulate for a good 20 minutes, drain, change oil again.

15. Mellowgt

Mellowgt

Going to work on it this weekend, I'll let ya know if I get it running.

16. I just couldnt wait, i had to post. I can't get my pics to load but there is some in my album. I just finished the front suspension. Sids 3 in drop axle, I reversed the eyes on the main leafs with a jig I made (works great btw) then pulled 2 leafs. Starting on the back ASAP.

17. Unibodyguy

Unibodyguy

Make sure and take off the rocker arms and flush out any crude that's insides the shafts too, lot of people forget that.

18. 100% Matt

100% Matt

I know a lot of you guys are looking for the lower bed end caps for the 57-63 style side beds. After almost 2 years of R&D they are finally available....

Attached Files:

19. Man, that's awesome. Matt, could you please send me the info for ordering via the HAMB or FB?

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

20. x2!!

21. Here's my white roof.

Attached Files:

22. Guess I can post some pic's of my '60...
    some before and after shots...

Attached Files:

23. a couple pics of the '59. Ready to drop the back!
    [​IMG][/URL][/IMG]
    [​IMG][/URL][/IMG]

24. Lets try this again shall we??
    Sorry.

Attached Files:

25. thats gonna look pretty slick ^ !!

26. Lowriders Art Gallery

Lowriders Art Gallery
    from Montana

A few updated pics, progress.... coming together slowly

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

27. 3onthetree3

3onthetree3
    from Saugerties

The crew cab is coming along nicely. Just got one myself, should be here on Friday, if you can trust a shippers word...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

28. How much up travel do you straight axle guys have, and does it ride? What kind of shocks are you running? Ive got right at 2.5 inched to my tiny bump stops. I only have an inch or so to the oil pan, so I guess im moving the engine up a bit too.