Register now to get rid of these ads!

Support from your wife/girlfriend.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 34Larry, Jun 14, 2013.

1. 34Larry

34Larry

With a (10) being obsessive support and (1)
    "being I couldn't care more less", where is your significant other.

Truth is mine is even in the minus column. I think Larry Foss said it best when he said, "Some women think more of a toaster", than cars. :p

Makes it real damned hard at time to spend any time working the project, let me tell ya.:mad::mad::mad:

So what number would she be, your other half??

2. pwschuh

pwschuh
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

3. harleycontracter

harleycontracter

5 40 yrs of marraige to a car guy she understanding of the whole thing

4. Grumpy

Grumpy
    from NE Ohio

Been together 23yrs.
    She loves the cars, shows, drives, builds, all of it.
    Lots of local guys have asked if she has a sister, and several have said theyre just waiting for me to die til shes available...;):D

Im very lucky

5. blowby

blowby
    from Nicasio Ca

Ex wife - 0
    New wife - 10

6. 37slantback

37slantback
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Easy 8. I have been working on the 37 and putting more money than its worth in it and she let me drag a 34 home too. She can't wait to take drives. She goes to every car show with me.

7. my gf has a 50 Pontiac and a 69 mustang project that I do all the work on and she sometimes drives the 50 to cruises and shows but she WILL NOT come out and hang out in the garage with me (id love it if she would) so what does that mean? shes like a 3 I guess

8. RatPin

RatPin

Solid 7-8

She enjoys going to shows (or at least pretends very well) and never complains that I spend too much time on my projects.

Always shows interest in what I'm doing and praises me for my work and skill.

Last edited: Jun 14, 2013
  9. willys1

willys1
    from South Ga

I gotta give her a 10! But I wouldn't say obsessive, maybe passive. NEVER complains and I drag a lot of junk home.

10. CayoRV

CayoRV

Mine doesn't give me any grief over the projects, she has her things and I have my cars, but she really isn't too into going to shows or cruises with me either. Maybe a 4 overall.

11. christopher 78

christopher 78

10!!!! loves all of it!

12. Hmmm...I'll say a 6 or 7

Ex-wife: 0

13. Mine is about a 7-8 average! doesn't want to have anything to do with the garage, (will come and look at mock-ups and give opinions if asked) but she loves the get-aways to the bigger shows. Each January she wants to know show dates so she can put in for vacation days. Currently she is checking out travel trailers/campers so she can give me input when the time comes to build ours. Been married to her for 39 years, and wouldn't trade away a minute of it.

14. Bryan G

Bryan G
    from Delmarva

6 or 7. She won't do shows, just sits in the parking lot with the AC on while I look around. But she really enjoys riding in each of the old ones, and won't let me get rid of any even if I want to. She has adopted my shoebox as her own, and she picked up the three-on-the-tree really fast.

15. 12. This house IS cars.

Even today SHE drug home 2 mini van bench seats that we use in a lot of builds. She went to the store, saw them by a trash bin, dropped tailgate, wrestled them up and brought them home.

16. tlmartin84

tlmartin84
    from WV

I am in the negative category... she doesn't fuss to much but says just enough to let me know she is not a fan. Unless of course I am making or welding something for her.

17. GassersGarage

GassersGarage

Don't know and don't care. However, I'll say, she can spend our household money on what ever she wants. Overtime built my cars so she'll have nothing to say.

18. Mine would be a 2 maby 3. Tells me if I want it than get it. But i owr her a 73 chevell and I'm not a chevy guy.

19. hotroddonnie

hotroddonnie

My wife gets a 10!

20. upspirate

upspirate

My 2nd wife was about a 10,3rd was about 0/1, and the current one is about a 5/6.

She likes when we go out for a ride,or to a restaurant,but doesn't like shows or cruise nights(truth be known,I'm not into the shows or cruise nights either anymore.....burnout a long time ago).

I think when we move on from the truck to a more comfortable/usable sedan,she'll like it better.;):)

She also has no problem with my spending as the family is ALWAYS well provided for first,and she has her hobbies too.She will pop into the garage to see how things are going, bring me a beer,or to lend a hand when I really need one and to see what new progress has been done..

Come to think of it, maybe I should up her a point!!!;):)

21. Hot Rod Jerry

Hot Rod Jerry

10 plus... when the hotrod starts up, she is right beside me. She was the major reason why the car got finished after I stopped building on it On our second date, I took her to see my shop. The car was their of coarse, so she told me to get busy, we had a lot of rod running to do. Second marriage for both, lost our spouses to heart attacks. Im near 70, shes 65 .A great gal to run with.

22. Mine doesn't care much...she tolerates grease on my clothes and under my fingernails pretty well. She shrugged when I rebuilt my Winfield carburetor at the dining room table and laughed when I cured freshly painted parts in her oven. She doesn't "get it" per-se, but she understands.

Attached Files:

23. edhd58

edhd58
    from kentucky

She's a good 8. Was excited when I decided to haul it home. Loves that I'm being kinda particular that I do it right, even though it's not gonna be a show car. Leaves me alone when I'm working on it, unless I ask her opinion. Can't wait till I get it road worthy so we can take it to a few very local shows, even with the exterior in it's current condition. Only disagreement is over to paint or just clear coat it. She wants paint on it, I'm undecided but leaning toward clear for now.

24. turdytoo

turdytoo

10 because of her putting me and my automotive desires ahead of herself for the past 33 years.

25. TheEngineer

TheEngineer
    from New Mexico

When I tried to get her to talk me out of the 48 Pontiac, she ended up talking me into it. When I said I wanted to buy a 58 Chevy from one of her tax clients, she talked me into getting all 8 of them. She doesn't get excited for my little victories and she doesn't hang out in the garage but she admires when the paint on part comes out right and she can't wait to go for a ride. She's a 10.

26. ems customer service

ems customer service

the ex -0- and she's gone

the girlfriend says she really likes the stuff = 10 but not sure if she is just playing nice??

27. raff23089

raff23089

12 for tolerance, 10 for support, 7 for participation

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

28. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Married to the same gal almost 44 years and we have been doing car things together since our first date. The cars have never take precedent over the needs of the family and I think that is the key. My kids never ate beans and weanies because I spent what would have been the grocery money on car parts. The car didn't always get finished in a timely manner but so be it. We never made it to Disneyland though and my 33 year old daughter continues to remind me of that.

For my wife the hot rod means going to fun places and visiting with other wives and girlfriends of other rodders. It also means she gets to try out new places to eat while we are on those trips. She is also happy to sit in a lawn chair in the shade with a good book and cool drink and not walk the distance that I usually walk at big rod runs. Yep somewhere between 7 and 8.

Just Gary likes this.
  29. fritzz

fritzz
    from canada

what ems customer service said!

30. carmuts

carmuts

A very firm 7, some times borders on an 8. Rod