Register now to get rid of these ads!

little outa the middle, TITUS's 50 ford coupe sectioning

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by titus, Mar 23, 2008.

1. ALLISON

ALLISON

Yes, I do love the X-51, its my favorite shoebox for sure... and yes, my design ideas are influenced by it.. I saw a picture of it in the late 60's with indy tires and wires and it looked amazing... I always wondered what it might look like with a little less fin tho, and that basically turned into what is my concept... The muscle car flavor comes from the fact it would just plain be cheaper to do in addition to being something fresh.. expanded metal grill with driving lights sounds much less expensive than a hand made and plated grill.. 14" swap meet american mags and red lines sounds much cheeper than perfect 50 caddy caps and wide whites, ect... the 351 I already have, and the car already had a 302 in it... 4 corvair buckets would be cheap and fit perfectly while cutting down stock seats would be a huge hassle... and so the muscle carish plan kind of came out doing something really neat but with out breaking the bank... :)

2. madwagon56

madwagon56

well thanks to jeff i ended up with with the sectioned 50. just got it home back here to portland oregon and today i cleaned it out and started to radius the rear wheel wells. im using another set of front wheel lips and reshaping the front edges a little. car is jacked up so you dont get the full effect but got the wheel well in and am getting ready to do surgery on it ill keep posting pictures as the work continues.

Attached Files:

3. ALLISON

ALLISON

awesome! Im so glad to see that thing on its way to being finished finally, not by me:) keep posting pics of its progress! cant wait to see it in person next time I'm out that way

4. customcory

customcory

Are them hubcaps still around?

5. madwagon56

madwagon56

you might ask jeff allison im sure he has them they might be for sale super nice guy, if you cant catch him on here pm me your number and ill give it to jeff.

6. customcory

customcory

Thanks madwagon 56.

7. fordman1

fordman1

Awesome. Can't wait to see more progress. Also really glad it is in portland.

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

8. titus

titus

Glad to see you got it, i remember you had contacted me about it a while back when i had it for sale but we never struck a deal. Im glad its getting worked on somemore and cant wait to see the progress.

TITUS

9. Pinstriper40

Pinstriper40

I'm happy to see this car being worked on too! Awesome..

10. madwagon56

madwagon56

hey titus how are ya, im glad to finally get it home and get started on it, figured id radius the wheel wells first, then start working the back. couldnt get my vision till i did the wheel wells now im curious to see where that leads me too. ill keep ya posted

11. Glad to see it being worked on.

12. madwagon56

madwagon56

well i was gonna do surgery and weld the wheel well in when i decided hell lets get rid of the tail light and side spear made my cut down the middle and started workin it, then i cut the tail light housing out. havent decided if im gonna go with jeffs idea on tail lights or not but by the weekend im gonna get the wheel well in and weld down the old spear and maybe figure out my tail light deal, im getting pumped to see what ideas pop up on tail lights more to come.

Attached Files:

13. JerryLee

JerryLee

Henry coulda saved us all some time if they came from the Rouge that way!

Posted from the TJJ App for iPhone & iPad

14. ALLISON

ALLISON

good choice on getting rid of the lights, I was 5 minutes away from doing that myself one day but decided I would wait to see if it left first :)

15. ALLISON

ALLISON

I do still have them caps:)... and yes, I'm hard to catch sometimes:).. shoot me a text anytime though (anyone), my number is 509-879-2952

I have 7 of them, I originally planned on using them on the Astra Coupe because of how they attach, but never did.

16. ALLISON

ALLISON