Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects 1959 Impala Hardtop

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by gallogiro, Jun 13, 2013.

1. gallogiro

gallogiro

motherfuck did that take a long time, its getting old already. sanded down my wing moldings to polish out tomorrow and put on. each piece got sanded by hand with grits 220, 400, 600, 800, 1000, then 1500. in that order and by hand each piece [​IMG] also does anyone know where these go? [​IMG]

2. gallogiro

gallogiro

3. gallogiro

gallogiro

4. VNTGE41

VNTGE41
    from l.a.

car is looking dope man! reallt good jkb doing mostly everything yourself! i noticed your muay thai shorts and gi in a few of your pix. where do you train? i train/fight out of sityodtong in pasadena.muay thai.

5. gallogiro

gallogiro

got this in the mail today, was pieced together now the set Is complete

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

this will all play a part in this car youll see

6. gallogiro

gallogiro

thanks bro, yea I train. I train out here in inland empire. ive trained at chris dobler at double dose muay thai, before that I trained with franklin and betis monsurri when they had theyre own gym in rancho Cucamonga, now hes at millennia mma. I like the grappling, but love striking and am focused on muay thai right now. am moving to LA soon, so checking into training out there. love the sport, its my second hobby next to this one =)

7. gallogiro

gallogiro

and here, yes its all dirty but the most recent pics. here it is with the front locked up

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. gallogiro

gallogiro

ok it is june 13th, 2013. this is where im at right now. I will continue and finish this car in 2 weeks when im done with my 48 which I plan to finish by then. then ill be back on this full force and you guys will see it done. the trunk is what will really trip you guys out. stay posted, im back on this in 2 weeks =)

9. gallogiro

gallogiro

putting on the bumper kit this weekend, I found some time to work on it between this and my 48

10. VNTGE41

VNTGE41
    from l.a.

dobler is real good. hes a friend if my kru . we focus on muay thai but also have bjj and mma. but let me know when you come to la if you wanna check out our gym.

11. gallogiro

gallogiro

actually im moving close to monterrey park and Alhambra so your gym would be close. ill be moving a few weeks after im done with both of these cars. been waiting so I don't move the cars in pieces but all done and put together. ill hit you up when im down there and check it out

12. cmarcus

cmarcus

This is a sick build man. Just flipped through from the start!

13. belair

belair

EPIC build. I like it without the skirts, but you obviously have a vision for the car. You should be proud.

14. gallogiro

gallogiro

cool, how long did it take to see it all, people wanted to see this build but hope they can get through it without taking up too much of theyre time or they get bored of flipping through so many pictures.

and I actually like the look without the skirts too more than with skirts because of the shape of the wheel well its a teardrop shape that looks custom but is original for this year. but I got the skirts to completely tuck away the rear wheel when I drop it and because I cant have the back wheel showing too much if im going to have floating hubcaps in the front, wont work if you know what I mean

15. TimGood

TimGood
    from SoCal

this thing looks great man!

16. gallogiro

gallogiro

thanks tim. is that your wing car on your avatar?

17. JJK

JJK

Damn, you're very talented

18. im digging the build and loving the car ..... :eek: :D !!!!!

one of my favorite years and models ....:)

keep up the great work ....:cool:

19. GaryB

GaryB
    from Reno,nv

good looking build.a set of supremes would elimnate the skirts, just sayin

20. gallogiro

gallogiro

thanks guys. and thanks jjk, I try. im the type of guy that I just have to see something done once and I can then do it myself. after that its just the drive to see the car done and on the road finally that motivates me. im not building turn table show cars, but clean street cruisers. I know I went alittle overboard on the chrome in the engine bay, but I didn't want to go candy 10 thousand dollar paint and chromed out undercarriage because I want to ENJOY AND DRIVE MY CAR, what its meant for not have something I put on a pedestal. if I want to sit on the hood of my car and eat hamburgers off it I can without worrying. if I want to drive it down a dirt road I can. and if I make a mess inside the car, that's fine. get what im saying? besides, I seen whats out there, and I am not trying to compete with that im happy driving and enjoying my car =)

and yes supremes im considering, I like the old school look. if I do im going to spray white flake over the roof and trunk =)

21. Austin Bubbletop

Austin Bubbletop
    from Austin, TX

Spent the last 2 hours going through the thread. A lot of the stuff i've done already but you've given me pictures and steps for the remainder of my build. I still have to do my interior, wiring and glass. Oh and a shit load of trim polishing! Great thread man! I appreciate your effort and time posting this.

22. teddyp

teddyp

my hat is off to you on a great build enjoy the shit out of it

23. gallogiro

gallogiro

thanks guys, I definitely will enjoy it when its done, and plenty of pictures at that stage too ;)

24. Bruce A Lyke

Bruce A Lyke

nice build, looks like we are running in parallel and trying to be done this month, keep up the good work

25. R1FIGHTER

R1FIGHTER

also, has anyone swapped out the gears on the differential to posi trac gears? mine is og but after i dropped it with the airbags i guess the seal broke and leaked out all the oil in the differential case. anyone ever swapped the gears or changed the seal? thanks guys[/QUOTE]

Any luck with this? I just bagged mine and am having the same issue with the leak. Plan on filling it up again and driving it straight to the driveshaft shop....

Awesome build and thanks for the inspiration.

26. gallogiro

gallogiro

thanks bro. I was going to get a 59 nomad before I got this hardtop but the guy wasn't budging on selling it and I hounded him for months. I like nomads because they have options and accessories the hardtops don't. plus to me was a bigger canvas for me to get creative on it. post pictures when its done, definitely want to see that, nomads are cool :cool:

27. gallogiro

gallogiro

Any luck with this? I just bagged mine and am having the same issue with the leak. Plan on filling it up again and driving it straight to the driveshaft shop....

Awesome build and thanks for the inspiration.[/QUOTE]

I actually have that exact same problem right now, but didn't happen till AFTER I bagged it. if you look at the last pictures, theres an oil stain spot on the driver rear wheel where the oil all leaked out. I was thinking of swapping the gears since I guess now I have to take the diff case apart. you know what, ill tackle that issue on wed after I drop the motor in my 48 and see how I resolve that issue and ill let you know how it went. of course ill post plenty of pictures but ill get it taken care of and hopefully it we can both see how this is solved and find a way to keep it from happening again. stay posted check in wed nite

28. Probably could get away with some new axle seals and you would be rolling again. Those 3rd members a easy swap and 55-64 chevy will drop in,the pumpkins just like 9" Ford. Both your builds rock!

29. ty166

ty166
    from illinois

looks like a great start to what will be a great ride , but my opion is biased....lol let em know if you need a set of rear valance panels, i think i have a nice set left over from my build...

30. Austin Bubbletop

Austin Bubbletop
    from Austin, TX

How does bagging cause a leak?