Register now to get rid of these ads!

68 straight axle Rambler

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 68rambler, Apr 30, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 68rambler

68rambler
    from Mesa, AZ

Finally got it done a few months ago, still finishing lettering, 68 rambler, straight axle, 100% driveway built with small budget and no fancy tools. Was total p.o.s when I bought it for $300 from a guy with heavy "chemical dependancy". Finally had chance to post some pics. Thanks for lookin.

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 1, 2011
    Eddie Harley likes this.
  2. You should have called the car Chemical Dependency. Looks good. It's needs some Cragars(mags) or Keystones though.

3. jalopyonlooker

jalopyonlooker
    from Texas

4. Hightone111

Hightone111

Any more pics? What's it powered by?

5. Gremlinguy

Gremlinguy

6. 68rambler

68rambler
    from Mesa, AZ

Like I said budget build so I couldnt use AMC power yet, went with the super rare hard to find SBC, haha. Ill put up some more pics, for whatever reason I cant get the computer I on to open the file.

7. dodored

dodored
    from Concord NC

How about some pics of the front suspension set up?

8. low budget

low budget
    from Central Ky

9. HemiRambler

HemiRambler

Straight axle in a Rambler!!?? Is that even allowed?? Ha ha

Neato!!!!

10. 68rambler

68rambler
    from Mesa, AZ

dodored-is there anything inparticular ya would like to see, ill put some up tomorrow morning when I get home.

11. The_DropOut

The_DropOut

COME ON!! 1 PIC!?! Dont leave us with just one pic of that sweet machine. We gotta see more. You've done a hell of job and it's worth showin' off. PLEASE more photos.

12. marks73turbota

marks73turbota

Nice, nice, nice. Looking great. I see you're over in Mesa. Do or will you be going up to the Pavillions soon? Would love to see it and talk at ya. I hope to get my project on the road sometime late this year, early next. And there's other Gasser types around area. We should all get together for a cruise. My Dad hauled Ramblers from 1951 to 1973'ish. I used to crawl all over those cars as a kid. He used to haul all th eway out here too. Cool car. More pics would be great. Mark L Near 59th Ave and Greenway.

13. Butch M

Butch M

14. fitzee

fitzee

I started out with my first car being AMC and I have a love for gassers,will be watching this one

15. HemiRambler

HemiRambler

Looks like a '65 to me. Did you swap the front sheet metal or something?? Would love to see some more pics of it. I have a '64 that I put a straight axle in as well. What'd you use - I narrowed a Speedway tube axle for mine.

16. 68rambler

68rambler
    from Mesa, AZ

HemiRambler- Na its a 68 it has the wrong front end on it, mabey someday I find the right one. I also used the speedway axle but they made to size I needed. Im working on posting some more pics right now.

17. 68rambler

68rambler
    from Mesa, AZ

Got some more pics up, sorry some arent that good, Im working on getting some better ones, if theres any questions on front end or any specific detail pic ya want let me know and Ill get it. Thanks for all the compliments, Its street legal and you would be suprised how many people dont get a straight axle, oh well. Thanks again

18. fitzee

fitzee

Hay that looks good. you used the stock steering box?? How does it drive?

19. HemiRambler

HemiRambler

Makes sense now! I always liked those early front ends better, but I'm a tad jaded ;-)

BTW - I highly recommend a tilt front end! Makes getting to everything a bit easier.

Your car looks great! Keep it up!

20. 68rambler

68rambler
    from Mesa, AZ

fitzee-It drives really good for what it is, launches straight never had a problem, doesnt like to turn but thats cause of the spool.
    HemiRambler- hell yeah, full tilt front would be awesome, it'll happen for sure someday

21. Thom.high

Thom.high
    from Oregon

This is real motivation for me, just hope mine looks half as good when I'm done. How wide did you have Speedway build your axle? Chev or Ford spindles? Any other problems or concerns I should be aware of? Any input would be appreciated.

22. 68rambler

68rambler
    from Mesa, AZ

thom.high I sent ya a pm if there any more info ya need let me know, sorry bout the delay

23. outlaw256

outlaw256

man thats a sweet lookin ride!! now for info and lots more pics. by the way did i say i like that ride? ken

24. HotRod60F100

HotRod60F100

Yay to the straight axle and A scheme SC/Rambler paint, BOO to the Chiivy mill. I'd love to drop the built AMC 360 I have in my OT 74 Gremlin in it.

25. Model A John

Model A John
    from wichita ks

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.