Register now to get rid of these ads!

please explaing why my thread got deleted?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by jakeoff, Jun 14, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jakeoff

jakeoff
    from milwaukee

? im not posting picture of a honda, im posting about a severely customized 49 ford truck cab. so explain to me why a truck that i have personally customized to my likings is not considered custom?

2. I didn't see the picture, but chances are, even though it may well be "fully custom", it may not fit the guidelines of the forum, which means pre-1965 styling.

3. jakeoff

jakeoff
    from milwaukee

i was posting the whole chop section and narrowing

Attached Files:

4. davidbistolas

davidbistolas

5. HomemadeHardtop57

HomemadeHardtop57

6. jakeoff

jakeoff
    from milwaukee

7. jakeoff

jakeoff
    from milwaukee

idk but this truck cant get anymore traditional, or custom than what im doing. im using what i can get ahold of to build my hotrod, im not posting images of garbage work, its a work in progress. sorry im a little upset that i just wasted a bunch of time trying to post my build.

8. PM the moderators...calling them out in public is grounds for a ban - FYI.

9. jakeoff

jakeoff
    from milwaukee

that was just from the top chop. do you guys think i should just use that thread and keep posting my updates to it? or do you think it too will get deleted

10. jakeoff

jakeoff
    from milwaukee

idk how i find who is a moderator, can you point me in the right direction?

thanks

11. jakeoff

jakeoff
    from milwaukee

12. Looks like a rat rod to me. When you said you didn't clean the weld sights in order not to disturb the "patina" I lost all interest. I don't think that's the traditional way to build a custom............you asked.

13. Rickybop

Rickybop
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Jake...on the bottom right of the message board, under Moderators you'll see two names. Tonight it says Ryan and Keving Lee. You can click on either one's name and it'll take you to their profile page where you can click on "contact info" and send either one a personal message. Be respectful as you have been, and ask them to look into it. The other way to find anybody here is to go to the top of the page and click on "Community" then "Members" and do a search for whatever name you're looking for. Btw...take everybody's opinion here with a grain of salt...except the moderator's.

Edit: Jake, it's Kevin Lee...not "Keving" Lee. Typo.

Last edited: Jun 14, 2013
  14. Hahahahagagahaha!!!!!!!!

15. stude_trucks

stude_trucks

Not sure, but probably a good reason. Asking for help will be the first step in your rehabilitation. Building a 'rat rod', if that was the case as possibly suggested, can be a very good learning experience on here. You may not survive the education however though. It is very fine line between 'patina' and building a big pile of garbage. But, honestly, your project doesn't look to rat roddy to me from quick glance, so maybe something else. Did you call Ryan a dick or anything like that?

16. Rickybop

Rickybop
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I don't think he called Ryan a dick, but I called Kevin "Keving". I'm toast...lol.

17. You got a lot of explainging to do.

18. tassiepete

tassiepete

a fellow HAMBer asked me to post some photos of my 59 Chrysler ute, so the next day I took a few shots of her and posted them only to have the thread deleted.....don't know why..maybe our senior members sniffed too much LEADED fuel in the 50's and now their brains are fucked...maybe?

19. My threads get deleted all the time, I expect it.

Bob

20. you are now a member of a very big group of those who had threads closed or deleted ......i suggest you get over it and move on

21. Sounds like a new social group is needed. The place where deleted posts can hang out....

22. mcmopar

mcmopar
    from Strum, wi

If you haven't had a thread closed, then you have not posted enough. Hike up your skirt and move on.

23. manyolcars

manyolcars

just delete everyone with 'rat' in their screennames

24. I am a card caring member of the "I got my post Deleted",,there are a number of reasons why post get deleted,drama is the quickest !

I can't say I ever saw the thread so I don't know but I learned real quick not to question the moderators but if you feel strongly that there was nothing in the post to get it deleted take it up with a moderator,,in a PM not the public forum. HRP

25. Bigchuck

Bigchuck
    from Austin, TX

Naw, they weren't even a glint in their father's eye in the 50's.

26. 3wLarry

3wLarry
    Member Emeritus
    from Owasso, Ok

Now THIS is the proper way to endear yourself to the Hamb Fathers...hope you enjoyed your stay here newbie...

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  27. unkledaddy

unkledaddy

Yeah...............how do you say "adios" in Aussie?

28. This thread is pretty much in a death spiral now....destined for the delete button...;)

29. mow too much

mow too much

Going, going.....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.