Register now to get rid of these ads!

History Historic Stock Car Photos

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by indybigjohn, Aug 28, 2008.

1. indybigjohn

indybigjohn
    Member Emeritus

Thanks. My daughter has Netflix, but we don't. Thanks for the note about the Ford exhaust. I thought that was the way it was, but you know how memory gets to be.

2. John McKenzie

John McKenzie

C5, I concur with Ray C. son. Beautiful. Again I say, truly a labor of love.

3. John McKenzie

John McKenzie

C5,

Do you have any more pictures of your Galaxy besides this profile shot?

4. C5HM

C5HM
    from TX

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5. John McKenzie

John McKenzie

:D Thank you. :D When this beauty is all done I'd like to know if you will be selling 8X10's of your work? If so I'd love to buy a copy.

6. Wreckingball

Wreckingball

John, your car is just gorgeous. Am so please that history is being preserved.

7. John McKenzie

John McKenzie

Well Wreckingball I can't take the credit of this beauty. It's C5HM's project. He's the maestro. ;) We can all be grateful there are folks like him out there preserving this exciting, colorful and uniquely American history. :D

8. Falconred

Falconred

9. B.A.KING

B.A.KING

he was smooth,so sad.rip

10. Dexter The Dog

Dexter The Dog

Correct me if I'm wrong but is that a 65/6 Mustang from the door handles forward???

11. John McKenzie

John McKenzie

Very sad news of Mr. Trickle's demise. Didn't anyone see the signs of depression? RIP Richard.

12. Falconred

Falconred

I think you are right, '55-57 T-bird front ends probably got hard to find.

13. indybigjohn

indybigjohn
    Member Emeritus

No words to describe how sad I am at the loss of Dick Trickle. One of my best friends in racing from the time he first came into ASA. A real old-school racer. Work hard, play hard, give the shirt off his back to a competitor who needed it. Other teams said he would also honestly give you the right setup when you came for the first time to a track where he had been running.

I have lots of great memories, and he was a friend to my entire family. My wife and I had a good cry together yesterday. I can only remember that happening when Rich Vogler and Dale Earnhardt left us.

I'm told he had two hip or knee replacements, some stints, a heart problem or two, and a lot of pain that the doctors couldn't help. He told a mutual friend in North Carolina that he didn't know how much longer he could stand the pain.

A couple of great "Trickleisms" - (1) You need one hour of sleep for each 100 laps you plan on running the next day. (2) A good shower equals two hours of sleep.

RIP, old friend.

14. Yes a great loss. He seemed to be very underrated in the NASCAR realm. I didn't know him at all although I met him once, years ago at the Milwaukee track when he was running a Busch race. Throngs of his fans were crowded around him and he seemed in his glory.

15. Gunner75

Gunner75

I know what you mean about him being in his glory, but I think the truth was, and what made Mr. Trickle special was that he was in THEIR glory. Dick was always in it for the fans and the others involved in the sport. He was always thinking of what he could do to help others and the racing. Thats why he would give away his set-ups so freely. He was practicing co-opitition long before it was trendy.

Mr. Trickle was blessed to be able to do what he loved for a living, and he knew it. He was one of a kind, and so very many drivers who made it to the big league before him and had better success there than he did owe it to him.

16. Zoera

Zoera

Is that movie available anywhere? I remember an article in SCR magazine many years ago about the making of that movie with Nick Adams.

17. CHUCK STARK

CHUCK STARK

He has a Facebook page run by his daughter Holley, she might be able to advise you on this. I understand that there is going to be a reprint of all his books, Hot Rod, Street Rod, Rag Top etc. Regards, Chuck Stark

18. John McKenzie

John McKenzie

Dexter,

Since no one has answered your question regarding the # 53. Yes it does appear to be a '64/65 Mustang front clip. I'm starting to think this blog is going to close down. There's been no activity here for a long time. :confused:

19. John McKenzie

John McKenzie

I'm sorry, I just can't resist. IT'S ALIVE! This blog is ALIVE!!! AH HA HA HA!