Register now to get rid of these ads!

A trade ?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by dhughins, Jun 12, 2013.

1. dhughins

dhughins

How much of a wheelbase difference is there in a 40 ford 4 door and 2 door sedan.

2. stevechaos13

stevechaos13

That 40 sedan is a lot less plentiful than your C-10.
    Thing is though that if you're debating the value of the 40, then you're looking at it for the wrong reason.
    Go after cars you like, not cars you think will make you money. That Ford could be fixed up and bring a lot more than your truck, but would cost a lot more than your truck would to bring the big money.

3. randallmeans

randallmeans

Are you dead set of those style rides? I've been looking for ANOTHER c10 lol. They are my passion. I have a 54 Desoto 4 dr sedan 350 powered. Pretty hot rode and daily driver, it's just not a c10 lol. I'm from North Al btw, Later man

4. 416Ford

416Ford

They use the same frame and roof. Just different doors and quarter panels.
    I believe.

5. dhughins

dhughins

416 Ford if I can make it look like yours I would definitely trade my truck for it. Awesome looking ride.

6. brad chevy

brad chevy

You said you already have another truck for hauling,so do the trade,not putting down your pickup but the value isn't real high anyway. As for the 4-door haters,everybody can't afford to buy some of the overpriced 2- doors just to say they have a 2-door.

7. Normal Norman

Normal Norman
    from Goshen IN.

Dhughins, Something nobodys mentioned at length; Are you prepared to put a bunch of money in it? A forty priced at 6500.00 must need some sprucing up.I'm with the majority on if it hase a sub frame or S-10 frame under it run away! Having said all that,I probably would still trade, but then I love 40s and don't mind 4 doors of that age . Normal Norman

8. chopnchaneled

chopnchaneled
    from Buford Ga.

Sounds to me like you have already made up your mind and just want someone to agree with you.

Your the only one" other than the guy your about to trade with" that can make that call.

Good luck either way.

9. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

when someone asks a question the answers shouldn't be more questions. 2 crummy pictures and not much detail.

the 40 picture looks worse than the truck picture. I would keep the truck picture. as for the real cars... I have no idea.

10. dhughins

dhughins

I definitely don't have a lot of money to sink in it. Kinda where I am with my truck right now also. That might be why I'm considering the trade for something that feels new to me. I don't know?????

I know I didn't give y'all a lot of info to go on but right now that's all I have. I appreciate all the pointers in both directions. I really have not made up my mine yet. I posted the same question on 67-72chevytrucks.org and most of them say don't do it and actually more of y'all say no than i expected. I know I have the ability to see both vehicles and y'all don't so I will take all the info y'all give me knowing that u have 1 hand tied behind your back.

11. Squablow

Squablow

This is correct. They are essentially the exact same car, save for the longer 2 door sedan front doors and the quarter panels with the door post further back to match.

12. raidmagic

raidmagic

were you able to get better pics and more info on the 40?

13. If ya want a hot rod, do it. '69 chev pickups (yours looks really nice) are all over the place and aren't hot rods. Forty Fords can definitely be rods and most are, any amount doors. It wouldn't hurt to get a little something extra (parts or money) but not if it's gonna quell the deal. Have a ball!

14. dhughins

dhughins

I'm still waiting to hear back from him. He might of already sold it or backed out. Haven't heard from him. ??????

15. DERPR30

DERPR30
    from HARVEY LA

if u snooze u lose should have grabbed the 40 when u had the chance

16. dhughins

dhughins

He told me yesterday it sold. So I reckon I'll keep looking. I listed my truck on my local Craigslist for trade. We'll have to see what happens.

Last edited: Jun 20, 2013