Register now to get rid of these ads!

clean up 32 ford

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by blucarspeed, Jun 11, 2013.

1. blucarspeed

blucarspeed
    from oregon

Heres some pics of what I'm doing to clean up a little rust. I still have to trim the bottom of the rear patch panel the belt line is to wide. little more welding and grinding will be ready for some good old bondo. thanks for all the good threads great info.

Attached Files:

2. Jbuhl1954

Jbuhl1954

Looks nice man!!! Nice job!! Sweet ride!!!

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

3. Good looking car.

4. 327-365hp

327-365hp
    from Mass

WOW, you did all that without taking the body off the frame. Nice work!

5. mickeyc

mickeyc

Looks good. Is that a backing strip you placed at the seam of the patch panel and the original panel? I have done this and find its helps with alignment and helps control distortion.

6. brady1929

brady1929

Sweet hot rod

7. 40Standard

40Standard
    from Indy

nice! what's your plans for it?

8. Always nice to see a quality piece being brought back to life,,whats the plan? HRP

9. blucarspeed

blucarspeed
    from oregon

I did have the body off. the floor and subrails are from uapac. the backing strips (at least for me) help with distortion and blow thru. they will be welded solid before body work and then sealed properly to prevent moisture from setting in the joint.The plan is-- you know how we change our little minds always.thanks for the response.

10. Nice car ! Whose patch panels did you use? Any problems other than bead width?

11. spinout

spinout
    from Dallas, TX

Now that's what we call a KEEPER!

12. blucarspeed

blucarspeed
    from oregon

the patch panels are from dick spadaro. remember what fab means (fix aftermarket bs). It does take some work to make them fit, the bead roll is wide (better than narrow). after getting them installed I see that the bottom of the rear panel is about 5/16 of a inch wide from stock this changes the uneven radius of the rear fenderwell.so the rear fender is pushed back and won't fit the opening properly. Now I'll have to cut a pie slice out of it. If I'm not looking at this right please let me know. thanks.

Attached Files:

13. 30ARoadster

30ARoadster
    from Salem, OR

Looks good! Summer has started and I am working out of town until October. I wish I could come over some day and check it out, but I bet you will have it driving down the road the next time I see it.

This car has made me keep my eye open for 5 windows, such a cool cool car. These pictures do not due it justice. It is a very very nice car in person.