Register now to get rid of these ads!

Early Ford parts...Who to buy from?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by tolo2go, Jun 9, 2013.

1. tolo2go

tolo2go

My father in-law gave me a 1946 Ford Tudor Sedan three years ago while giving him a hard time because he was not working on his 1937 Ford. He said that he did not have enough time for all the projects that he had. Messing with him I said, "I would love to work on a project" Thinking that he would get the hint that I wanted to see his '37 on the road, he said "How does a '46 Ford sound?" I did not even know that he had a '46 so I said "...Good?"
    In the last few years I have done a lot of tearing down, rust fixing, cleaning and rebuilding (not ready for build thread yet...soon) Oh, and did I mention buying parts. I have purchased parts from the big three (Macs, Carpenter, Drake) and VanPelt is just around the corner from me. Swap meets are fun but have the guys who think they have the only part for sale this side of the Mississippi.
    With that said, who has the best of both worlds? Price vs Quality and am I missing a lot of guys that are smaller in scale and you can actually have a conversation with?
    I have searched this question multiple ways before asking it. Since I am a FNG, I did not want to ask the same question that someone has answered 150x already. If I have overlooked the search criteria, please just point me in the cheapest best quality direction and I will keep quiet for now
    Thanks, Rich

2. ems customer service

ems customer service

try early ford store in

MIDWEST
    EARLY FORD STORE
    2141 WEST MAIN
    SPRINGFIELD, OH 45504
    TEL:937-325-2408
    FAX:937-325-1900

3. okiedokie

okiedokie
    from Ok

4. Cheapest and best quality do not belong in the same sentence. C&G Ford Parts are very cool guys who give great service.

j3harleys likes this.

5. Shaun1162

Shaun1162

If your looking for a smaller place where you can actually call up, and place an order with the owner try Joe's: http://joesantiqueauto.com/

A couple early Ford restorers/hot rodders recommended him, so I gave him a try. One of the best dealers I've had an experience with... Charges you actual shipping, and if you order before 1 PM, he'll ship it out that day! Try getting that service from Mac's!

Joe's prices seem to be right in line with the bigger guys, and sometimes even better.

olscrounger likes this.
  6. hotrod40coupe

hotrod40coupe

Dennis Carpenter.

7. pasadenahotrod

pasadenahotrod
    from Texas

Little Dearborn Parts on SE University in Minneapolis MN.

8. I've used the 3 you mentioned in addition to Speedway Motors and Yogi's. I shop them for the best price for each part I buy....

9. 51504bat

51504bat
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

x2 for Joe's. Everything I've got from him has been top notch reasonable and yes actual shipping charges. Give him a try - you won't be disappointed.

10. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

That's good to see and I'll be one who checks him out. I hate getting nailed XX$$ on an item that will fit in a medium priority mail box and weighs a pound and a half because it costs 200 bucks.

11. lowkroozer

lowkroozer

12. walter

walter

All Ford Parts Very knowledgeable and the highest quality.

800 532 1932

olscrounger likes this.
  13. tolo2go

tolo2go

Thank you all. Hope this helps more than just me. I am checking them all out today.

14. slddnmatt

slddnmatt

I use C&G for most stuff....Top rate guys..

j3harleys likes this.
  15. woodiewagon46

woodiewagon46
    from New York

Tolo, All the venders mentioned will probably have the parts you will need. You will find out however some parts will fit and others won't. The repo business has changed drastically in the past few years. Guys like Drake, Carpenter and others now have to use offshore venders to cut costs. I see you are from Ohio so why don't you plan a trip to Hershey, and try to score NOS parts. This has been discussed in depth on other blogs but I have been playing with old fords since 1962 and It's a great hobby!

16. JeffB2

JeffB2
    from Phoenix,AZ

Also get a catalog from www.usapartssupply.com For rubber parts go with Steele Rubber all USA made, a little more in cost but worth it.

17. yblock292

yblock292

I do alot of business with Mac's antique auto parts, always had real good luck with them. 877-230-9680

18. tolo2go

tolo2go

Thanks woodiewagon46, My father-in law has been every year since the early '80's and says he wants me to go with him. So I look forward to that trip as my first time to Hershey with a cool Ford lover. We will just have to see when that year comes. Patiently waiting, Rich

19. TagMan

TagMan
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

C'mon, man.......ever hear of "Google" ? :D

http://www.yogisinc.com/

20. alchemy

alchemy

If you are looking for mechanical rebuild parts, Yogi's doesn't sell that sort of stuff for old Fords. They are mostly street rod parts.

I've bought plenty of stuff from Mac's, but lots (most?) of it is offshore made. For rubber parts I really like the stuff I got from Carpenter. Drake has good body and trim stuff.

I think Dick Spadaro (one of our own HAMBers) could get you all of that and any mechanical part you need as well. He is always giving good advice on the HAMB, and was helpful when I met him once in person. Give him a try next time.

21. Steves46

Steves46
    from Florida

I mostly deal with either Joe's Antique Auto Parts or C & G Early Ford Parts. Both are outstanding.

j3harleys and olscrounger like this.
  22. VonWegener

VonWegener

I found the reproduction parts in "VINTIQUE" packaging to be sub par.

23. 40FordGuy

40FordGuy

All the ones mentioned above , plus Sacramento Vintage Ford.

4TTRUK

24. oj

oj

Dick Spadaro.

25. Well, can't wait to see the 46 ford!

As far as parts go, 90% of my parts in the past have come from Brian and Andrew at Midwest Early Ford, they are great to deal with, and almost local to you. They deal with all the big suppliers, I think you will be happy.

Good luck!

26. NMCarNut

NMCarNut
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Stacy Brown at Antique Auto Supply in Arlington, Texas is good to deal with. He has a decent collection of NOS parts and knows early Fords.

27. 1949*john

1949*john

I don't like spadaro = jack ass

28. forty1fordpickup

forty1fordpickup

29. rld14

rld14

Ill second that. Great guys and somewhat local to me (22 miles but an hour or more with traffic and then there's the tolls...) but very reasonable prices and great service.

30. My experience as well.....some of it is total junk that's not even usable.