Register now to get rid of these ads!

They're still out there boys!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by dlshady, Jun 10, 2013.

1. dlshady

dlshady

Had an interesting experience this week that I thought I'd share. A guy called our shop last week saying that he had a 33 Phaeton he was either going to "fix up" or sell, and of course my first thought was "Yeah, right" because we all know that 33 and 34 Fords are a dime a dozen. My second thought was this was gonna be a huge waste of time because folks that use the term "fix up" generally have no idea what kind of work is involved. Nonetheless, I agreed to go have a look and try to give him some idea what kind of money he was looking at to get it back on the road.

So this morning the phone rings and it's the 33 Phaeton guy again. He says that he's no longer comfortable storing the car where it's been for the last 10+ years because he's afraid that the scrappers are gonna start stealing parts off of it. I offered to run down after lunch and have a look but he said that it had to go today, so he asked if he could just run it by the shop. At this point I still wasn't even sure if he had a steel car, a glass car or a Honda because he had a hard time answering any of the questions I asked.

A couple hours later he comes pulling in the lot with a genuine, real deal 33 Phaeton complete with three NOS fenders, an NOS commercial grille and just about everything else including pieces of the original interior! We talked for a while and he eventually decided that it would be best to sell it as-is and go buy himself something that he can drive and enjoy right away, so I offered to help him find it a good home. No, I didn't buy it because I've got too many projects already but I will be listing it for sale in the next couple of days. Just as soon as he decided what he wants to ask....

So the moral of the story is to keep your eyes open. They're still out there boys!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. chevy54man

chevy54man
    from NC

3. manyolcars

manyolcars

they will ALWAYS be out there

4. arkiehotrods

arkiehotrods

Wow! That is way cool!

5. You need to keep that at my house, I am only about a mile from you...:D

6. dlshady

dlshady

I got a feeling that it won't sit long once he decides how much he wants for it! It'll make somebody an awesome car.