Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods My buddy's 34 3 window coupe

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by vividlyvintage, Jun 10, 2013.

1. vividlyvintage

vividlyvintage

uploadfromtaptalk1370860093145.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1370860112369.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1370860104697.jpg
    <br>
    This is my buddy Mike McKinney's 34 3 window coupe. Mike has had this car since he was a senior in highschool in Oakland Calif. Mike is now in his mid 60's. Not many people can say that. It has a Pontiac v8, and upgraded suspension. You can usually see this stunning coupe at the good guys show in Pleasanton CA.
    <br>
    <br>

Mike isn't on the internet yet (but soon) but I thought I would share this beauty to show and highlight his skills.
    <br>
    <br>
    Mike is a former body man and a former teacher of auto collision repair at the local occupational program for high school students.
    <br>
    <br>
    Mike has had a battle with cancer and other health issues recently. He had prostate cancer, breast cancer and bell's palsy (making right half his face droop down as if he had a stroke). Mike has completely overcome his Bell's Palsy, and his battle with cancer score so far has been:
    <br>
    <br>
    Mike: 2 wins
    <br>
    <br>
    Cancer: 0 wins
    <br>
    <br>

So if you happen to have some sort of health issue, hang in there, and keep your head up, faith in your self is a large part in your recovery.
    <br>
    <br>
    I have lived by this quote since I heard it 15 years ago. "Live every day as if it is your last, because someday you might be right"-Frank Sinatra
    <br>
    <br>
    Mike is one of my closest friends even though he is over twice my age. He is a trooper. If you get yo see him at a local show say hi, he is a plethora of knowledge and is always willing to share it.

2. Petejoe

Petejoe
    from Zoar, Ohio

What a beautiful old neat car. My dream. I love it. Good to hear Mike is out there kickin butt! I would love to meet him.

3. brady1929

brady1929

Cool hot rod. Congrats Mike on beating cancer.

4. Cant improve on that car sits perfect!

5. chevy54man

chevy54man
    from NC

Praying for Mike in this battle, best to him in everything!

6. vividlyvintage

vividlyvintage

Thank you everyone. I will pass the comments to Mike.

7. Rickybop

Rickybop
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

The car is awesome. '33 grille. Interesting how he included some sheetmetal around it. Looks good. Tell him "all the best" and that we'll be here and ready to harass him when he finally joins the Hamb.

8. ss34coupe

ss34coupe

Great story and good for Mike for hanging on to his high school hot rod! All the best to him.

9. fab32

fab32
    Member Emeritus

Gotta love a hot rod that's survived the test of time. Sound like your friend is a lot like his car.........."takes a licking and keeps on ticking".

Frank

10. vividlyvintage

vividlyvintage

Yeah he has taken a beating but continues to live life to the fullest