Register now to get rid of these ads!

Parts cars southern ontario

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by cannuk, Jun 10, 2013.

1. cannuk

cannuk

Found these in a buddys grandmothers farm ,scrapers cant get at most,anyone need parts Chris

Attached Files:

2. big M

big M

What body style is the '57 Plymouth [Gold]?

---John

3. cannuk

cannuk

4 door post

4. looks like that they have some really nice parts on them ....

5. TR Waters

TR Waters
    from Vermont
    1. Early Hemi Tech

Excuse my ignorance, but what is the first little sedan that is pictured?

6. badsco

badsco

Wouldnt mind picking over that 53/4 Pontiac - where abouts is this?

7. metalshapes

metalshapes

Morris Minor

8. X2, I could use some bits.

9. Thanks Chris......didn't realize up your way there still be some vintage parts cars laying around that havn't been to badly picked over....ie the 55 Chevy.....still cool to see the 55 wearing 1968 plates.

10. plym_46

plym_46
    from central NY

The grille front trim, and bumper and under bumper sheet metal from that 42 Dodge are worth pulling. Cars are pretty rare today and folks are looking for that stuff as it didn't hold up well. The rocker mouldings if decent are worth about 200 for the drivers side and about 400 for the pass side, the fender trim is worth pulling also. Fog lamps will pull some good bucks too. and depending on the body style the trunk lid, and stop light assembly, and tail lights could make a guy restoring one happy. And oddly enough the side rear grab straps and the blanket holder on the back of the front seat are hard to fine items.

11. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

If that was in BC, I'd be heading over to haul that one out one piece at a time. Shame about the '63 Plymouth...

My first exposure to a hot rod was when I was about 3, one of our neighbours had a morris minor with a 371 Olds/Hydro. I met the guy that had owned the car twenty years later when I was working in a machine shop. We were sitting in the lunch room talking cars, I started talking about it, and mentioned where we had lived, this guy about 25 yrs older than me piped up and said "that was mine". Had a bunch of old photos of it and everything. Small world.

Last edited: Jun 10, 2013
  12. scotts52

scotts52

I'd at least make a couch outta that 57 Plymouth. Love the fins

13. SteppinOut

SteppinOut

The 56 Plymouth Savoy 2 door sedan appears to have some nice stainless trim and if the door latches are good, those are very desirable.
    Probably can pull stainless from most of these and at least try to sell here or on ebay to help others get their rides completed. Unless any of them are good enough to pull out for a restore or did you say they are buried way back in the woods.
    Thanks for sharing.

14. yep....that 56 Savoy looks pretty....and the Dart wagon has some back quarter glass that some could use....seems the kids always go for that rear glass....

thanks for posting !

15. Hot Rods Ta Hell

Hot Rods Ta Hell

Cool stuff. What's the story on them all being there? Looks to be more than the "car went belly up and got rolled onto the back 40" like you see on farms. Was a family member an enthusiast, hoarder that brought them home?

16. I could use a bunch off the Savoy I'm thinking, Chris can you email me with details. I'm about half an hour east of Peterpatch and would love to come and buy if we can make a connection.
    Cheers,
    Chris Stapley.
    [email protected]

17. RacerRick

RacerRick

I could also use some sedan specific parts from the 57' Savoy 4 dr sedan for my 57' Savoy 2 dr sedan, and some of the 55' Chev parts for my 55' handyman.

18. thats cool lil pile of vintage tin here ....

i love seeing photo(s) of this .... and knowing that they are still to be found out there