Register now to get rid of these ads!

33 willys delivery (rare or not?)

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by INF, Feb 5, 2010.

1. daredevilcustoms

daredevilcustoms
    from Ohio

No patterns left for the delivery they were sold with the business. I'll look and see what pictures I may have left. I do have some patterns for the 33 coupe fiberglass body.

2. jhmagill

jhmagill

I would be interested in talking to the person/people who bought the business if that's possible. PM me.

3. jhmagill PM me, I also have a 1935 Panel Delivery and would like some info and may be able to provide you with some answers also

4. ssaza25

ssaza25
    from arizona

I have one complete 36 delivery plus 2 other 36's deliverys in rough condition. I too have lived the Willys life since the early 70's.I have owned many diferent years and models. I did pick up a 36 delivery body from the desert which had a 33 nose. I assume that the car was wrecked sometime in its life and the nose was switched out. The frame was removed prior to me getting the car body. I would assume that the front spring hanger had to be modified to let the 33 fenders fit.I have never seen a 33 delivery or pickup but you never knew with Willys.

5. Mazooma1

Mazooma1

This photo was taken by my photography mentor, Tom Thompson when he had his studio in Santa Monica....that little girl is the bakery owner's daughter, and the panel was just fresh out of the sign painters shop the day before...still no license plates...
    this is one of hundreds of photos that I got out of his trash bin in 1972 when he was retiring....he always said..."nobody wants these old photos...".
    Well. I did and I even have the 8X10 negative of this shot in my files today.

[​IMG]

6. willyscoupe

willyscoupe

A friend of mine in BC has a complete 36 Willys Panel Van rolling body / frame he is thinking of selling . We are looking for a value on it . He is also considering letting go of his 36 Coupe but it's short the front clip and the trucnk lid . I'm hoping he gets a day off work soon so I can go get some pics for everyone !

Later

Rob

7. Weasel

Weasel

The beef is in the oven. Do you have any absolute incontrovertible proof that they did build one before 1935 - actual original unmolested vehicle with factory serial number, on it's original chassis, which is verifiable as a pre 1935 production S/N - that would be a start. Sheesh some people....

Last edited: Nov 11, 2010
  8. abone1930

abone1930

Hey thanks for the info, might just be a small world after all(lol) I will give him a buzz

Attached Files:

9. 1934coupe

1934coupe

Hate to add fuel to the fire, but I've had, seen, touched, built and sold Willys since I've been 12 years old and I agree with Weasel. I have never seen an original, verifiable 33-34 willys panel. But it really doesn't matter, too many people are always asking "whats it worth" put it on E-bay with a reserve and find out for yourself. Yeah I know I'm a prick but I deal with these people all the time and I have grown tired of it.

Pat

10. kays kustom

kays kustom
    from california

i dont think the made the delivery in 33 it started in 35 you can tell by the size of the cowl vent a 35and 36 has a bigger vent and a 33 front window opens out
    i know a guy that just brought a 35 delivery in worse shape and paid 10k for it they only made a few in 1935 making it the rare model

11. bobs36hotrod

bobs36hotrod

Willys did not build a delivery till 1935 and 1936

12. abone1930

abone1930

13. The pickup did NOT use the panel roof . the sides of the roof opening on a panel are parallel . The pickup is tapered. It is definitely different.

14. JimSibley

JimSibley

The original question was value. I have had a few deliveries and a few coupes. The value is extremely high and would easily be worth what he is wanting in trade.

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!