Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Hunnert Car Heads Up Vintage Drag Racing #5

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Django, Mar 21, 2013.

1. big vic

big vic
    from cary il

that guy is a show by himself,,,, i d like to bring that car to cruise night,!! PUT IT ON THE BUMPER IN BACK OF MC DONALDS

2. Damn, that green thing is a '56 and I thought it was a '55 - I must of had too much PBR.
    Glad everyone had a good time.

3. big vic

big vic
    from cary il

great pics appleseed

4. 62Furious

62Furious

Had a great time made 7 passes and all of my contenders were asleep at the light. We shall see if they wake up at the Meltdown
    unfortunately drove van to storage to pick up car and forgot camera in van

Last edited: Jun 10, 2013
  5. Model A John

Model A John
    from wichita ks

Great video and pics. The '56 looks like it won't take much to fix. Hope to see the car at the Meltdown.

6. thanks chrome czars for putting on a great event. i have not had so much fun at the track in a long time.

7. Django

Django
    from Chicago

We would like to thank everyone who came out to the 5th Hunnert Car Heads Up! I would say that car count "may" have been slightly down with fewer street cars running, but QUALITY was off the charts. Like the Tom Cat, 1 of 20 factory Mercurys. Wow. The Meltdown Drags crew was out in full force. The Gasser Nationals brought alot of killer cars too. Special thanks to Don Moyer for the Rebel Reaper Ride Along. I'll post video of that at some point today. Holy crap, that was AWESOME. Everyone I spoke to had a great time, and so did we! I took about 375 photos. I'll post some later as well.

We have a few shirts left if anyone is interested. Men's S-XL and Women's M-XL. $22 shipped to your door. Pm me for details.

Jester's son recently turned 16 and made his first pass on the strip... and won! And my son who is 4.5 made his first trip to the Heads Up. He conned me into buying a Hot Wheels FED, so I think he took to it pretty well. :D

Keep spreading the word, and we'll continue to keep the show growing. Thanks again! Looking forward to the Meltdown!

Last edited: Jun 10, 2013
  8. mmiceli

mmiceli
    from Aurora, Il

How was the turn out for Sunday's gasser event, and who won the program? Any photo's posted anywhere? Thanx

9. The weather forcast killed the event...we still had alot of fun...I will post pics tonight...Thanks to everyone doesnt say enought...Great time!

10. mjb3707

mjb3707
    from chicago

just finished the 56 had to replace the steering box dont known how that broke cant complain 48 years from a corvair steering box aint bad!!! heading to kentucky tommorow for the hot rod nationals

11. nice job saving the car from a total loss. from my location it looked wild with the trunk popping open. like it says on the front of the car its all about the show and you delivered. i will see you in bowling green. did you leave the stripe on the side i thought it looked cool.

12. I love this pic!!!

[​IMG]

13. big vic

big vic
    from cary il

i ordered one

14. I have to say "ditto" to that, it was an all around unbelievable day!

Thanks Czars!

15. mjb3707

mjb3707
    from chicago

thanks your right about the stripe on the car i think he gives a little character its staying on see you in kentucky

16. Django

Django
    from Chicago

Here are some of the shirts, if anyone is interested.

I thought this Tbird Rail was pretty bad ass.

Attached Files:

17. Django

Django
    from Chicago

The Tom Cat was awesome. I'm sure I'm repeating myself...

Attached Files:

18. big vic

big vic
    from cary il

i love that TBIRD dragster

19. THIS has to be one of your posters next year!!!
    [​IMG]

20. KutlassKim

KutlassKim

[​IMG]

Love this photo too ............ all 4 tires off the ground !!

21. Star of the show! Mike puts on a heck of a show...paired up with him for the Gasser Race on Sunday and changed my dial in to match his so we could leave at the same time...Didn't care if he was a half second faster than me, just wanted one more great side by side wheelie show! I was worried at the end of the track when he didn't pass me only to find out he tagged the wall...he was flirting with it all weekend..its a shame but true to the wild man that he is, he seemed only upset about the center cap on the wheel! What a great time we had last weekend!

[​IMG]

22. Gasser Magazine's pick for "Best Gasser" went to Al Junsen and is a really nice 1957 Ford...Look for a feature on this car in an up-coming issue in Gasser Magazine. The attention to detail on this build is outstanding! It is all Ford too!

[​IMG]

23. The Gasser Nationals North was hampered by the weather forcast but we still got our race in. Brian Kohlmann came back on Sunday to chance the weather so I let him in the race with his bad ass 31 Chrysler. Blown 392 with 9 Strombergs and street driven, how good could it be right....how about consistent 10.60's and this hot rod took it to us gassers to win it all! Congrats Brian!

[​IMG]

24. Original member "Hutch" took me out in the semi's to ultimatly loose to Brian in the finals in his really nice 33 Willys street rod! He had the time of his life and it was great to see him giddy like a kid again!

[​IMG]

25. Lots of cool stuff in the pits...I loved this roadster!

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 11, 2013
  26. The swap meet was small, would love to see this portion of the show get bigger! However, there were deals to be found...I picked up a set of Holley Dominator chrome stacks...Paul should have purchased this old race suit that showed up on Sunday....I was too fat for it;) All in all a very sucessfull show and next year will be better! Thanks to every one involved and all the new friends we made!

[​IMG]

27. ardyboy

ardyboy

I'm lookin for the like button. thanks for posting Don. Looks like everyone had some fun

28. Thanks go out to the gasser group for allowing me to participate in the race with a car that doesnt fit their clubs definition of a gasser. They are true sportsman and know how to have fun. I hope to see you all back here next year.