Register now to get rid of these ads!

Has anyone seen this roadster?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by SleightsburghMC, Apr 13, 2011.

1. SleightsburghMC

SleightsburghMC

I got a picture from an senior member of our local car club in Kingston NY. He built and drove this roadster in the mid 50's. At some point in 1957-58 the car was sold to someone downstate. He still carries the guys phone number he sold it to in his wallet but he will never call and its probably long since correct. To satisfy my own curiosity I wanted to see if anyone has ever seen this car?

Bill

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 10, 2013
  2. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

It looks pretty much like the quintessential East Coast Roadster from that period when you would see them in the rod magazines from back there.

3. lorodz

lorodz

hey where was the car sold in ny...looks familur

4. SleightsburghMC

SleightsburghMC

Somewhere near NYC. But after 50 years it could have moved quite a bit if its still around at all.

5. lorodz

lorodz

what was the guys name that bought it ..was it joe ?

6. if he has the guys name he/you should do an online search. several people finder search engines such as zaba.com

7. mtd

mtd
    from FL

8. The37Kid

The37Kid

Nice looking 30-31 Roadster, hope he locates it. Bob

9. CoronetRTguy

CoronetRTguy

Do a google image search with it this car look like I've seen it some where.

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

10. 3desotos

3desotos

the guy who bought the car and brought it to brooklyn was named gildo j zandomenego. he lived on west 7th street. i searched him on the internet, and i believe i found his death notice. born 1928. died 1981.. does this guy sound farmiliar to anyone down there? we were told this guy was buying up hot rods in the late 50s and put in a wharehouse down there somewhere. any info would be great. thanks.

11. Isn't that the roadster on the cover of hot rod deluxe a couple of issues back?

12. Nope , never mind. The other one is '28-'29.

13. peter schmidt

peter schmidt
    from maryland

any other info on the car? i have a 30-31 coupster body im pretty sure ill never be able to i.d. but it was marroon or burgandy had a 32 grill it was channeled and ran bobbed fenders welded to the quarters and small fenders like trailer or cycle fenders on the front

14. 3desotos

3desotos

peter, the car was originally white.then in the late 50s it was repainted red. the fenders in the rear,were tipped forward then bobbed. they were welded to the body. the front ones were bought out of a magazine. had a later flathead, with weiand aluminum heads and dual carbs intake.

15. SleightsburghMC

SleightsburghMC

Here is a shot of the rear

Attached Files:

16. SleightsburghMC

SleightsburghMC

Yesterday's Young GunsThe smiling young man's name was Gildo Zandomenego, but to all his friends he was known as "Red." He was about 27 years old in 1953 when he posed for this photo behind the wheel of his flathead-powered roadster. His talent for metalwork landed him a job at Marlboro Collision in Brooklyn, New York, and he eventually opened his own body shop. The tasty 'striping on the Deuce grille shell and front and rear fenders continues on the dashboard. Red passed away 23 years ago. His son Eugene, who sent us these shots, doesn't know a lot of the history behind this particular roadster but wanted to share these great old photographs of a truly traditional '50s-era East Coast car, and of his dad as a Young Gun back in the day.

Read more: http://www.rodandcustommagazine.com/hotnews/0401rc_mid_americruise_tour_winners/#ixzz2VsLDoJDZ

17. SleightsburghMC

SleightsburghMC

Last known pic in Brooklyn NY 1958

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 11, 2013
  18. 3desotos

3desotos