Register now to get rid of these ads!

fenderwell headers

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by old buzz, Jun 9, 2013.

1. old buzz

old buzz
    from middle tn

does anyone know if anyone makes fenderwell headers for an Anglia with a sbc?

2. Jtg-3

Jtg-3
    from Huron Ohio

Hi Gent
    I'm doing a Henry J , and found headers for a chevy v8/toyota land cruiser conversion (google it) there is a company that markets them both plain or chrome (something adapt) the collectors dump about 3 " behind rear of block almost @ crank centerline I'll attach 2/3 pics these may help Regards JT

Attached Files:

3. Try Stahl headers York Pa.

4. plodge55aqua

plodge55aqua
    from Alberta

Great info... My question.. do these clear the Original Body mounts? also the front tire size on yours what is it?

5. David Walter

David Walter
    from Troy,Al

When I was running SB Chevy's years ago, I used 55 to 57 Chevy style fender-well headers, the pipes all went towards the middle like block hugger headers except strait out then about a 45 degree turn down, worked well in a 38 Ford and other cars. David.

6. 1971BB427

1971BB427
    from Oregon

Not a Anglia, but very similar. My Austin with 327 SBC is running Patriot Fat Fender Chevy headers. They sit right in my lower fender drops, and work well. Whether they'll work for your Anglia depends on where your engine sits. Mine's back pretty far, but the distributor is just under the cowl.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

7. alphabet soup

alphabet soup
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Check out some pictures of up-sweep dragster headers. I used them up-side down on my car. There is a picture here . Check out '40 Ford F.E. thread. Gene.

8. plodge55aqua

plodge55aqua
    from Alberta

I just bought a set... a Month later.. finally got.. I will have to set the engine back quite far.. so the Dumps clear the tires.. a 1/2 inch on the pass side. 3 inch clearance on the drivers when wheels are straight. crap.. 500.00 later.. and will have to move the firewall back... Not looking forward to this.

9. Larry T

Larry T

There are so many ways to mount the engine, I don't see how anyone could guarantee their headers would fit.
    As an example my engine is 19" crank centerline in front and the transmission tailshaft is 16". Engine is offset 1" to the right of centerline. I couldn't find any to fit, so I built some. Now I decided to drop the engine some, so I've got to start all over.

[​IMG]

10. plodge55aqua

plodge55aqua
    from Alberta

Ill take this a a live and learn.. I know S#@t happens..:)

11. bulletproof1

bulletproof1
    from tulsa okla

yeah but what about a big block?

12. 1971BB427

1971BB427
    from Oregon

If you have a BBC powered Anglia you might try the Speedway BBC Tri 5 fenderwell headers for $219. Even if you had to rework them a little, the starting price is so cheap they're worth it. I'd guess they'll be a tad too wide, and need narrowing to fit an Anglia.

13. If this helps for the big block question, a couple pictures to see how the tubes lay out on those Speedway ones.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]