Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest Who was Rudy Moller?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 34andy, Apr 6, 2013.

1. 34andy

34andy
    from WA

I have been trying to figure out a little more history of who Rudy Moller was and what cars, projects & engines he worked on.

So far I've run across his name associated with lots of really cool projects from the 50s into the 70s.

1. Moller-Adams-OHV Conversion for Flathead ~1951
    "Ken Adams and Rudy Moller, who were responsible for the original design and manufacture of this extraordinary engine conversion." from the Museum of American Speed. www.museumofamericanspeed.com

2. Mickey-Thompson 3 Valve Small Block Chevy Head ~1967
    "Another person of tremendous assistance to Thompson in the development of this engine is Rudy Moller, who donated considerable time in drafting work on the cylinder head design." HotRodMagazine June 1967

3. Arias HEMI Heads for Big Block Chevy ~1972
    "Rudy Moller and I designed the heads. Rudy had retired from Northrup Aviation and did the drawings on the heads" Rod&Custom June 2012

Any additional information about Rudy and his work would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
    Andy

Attached Files:

2. johnc427

johnc427
    from california

I new Rudy when he lived in Sunnyvale for perhaps the last ten years of his lifein the late 70's-early 80's. He was a patternmaker and did a lot of pattern work for some friends of mine that were selling Auburn 356 kits. He was a great old guy full of stories, from way back when he used to work for the Chevrolet Brothers in the 20's. I was not that interested in dry lakes or bonneville at the time so I don't have any info on his attributes towards that. he had a small shop with a mill and lathe and wood woorking tools for making wood patterns for the foundries where my friends had there parts cast. sure wish Iwould have taken some pictures with him. what a great guy. I have a picture somewhere of his 4 banger overhead valve conversion. if I run across it I will try to send you a copy.

3. His name sounds like he had danish ancestors. In danish his name would be the same as Ak Millers (Møller).
    But thats all i can tell you about him.
    Lars

4. 34andy

34andy
    from WA

John,
    I'd really appreciate it if you can upload or send me any pictures or information about Rudy. It sounds like he was a really interesting guy working on cool cars & projects.
    Thanks,
    Andy