Register now to get rid of these ads!

Found some factory markings on my 56 buick wagon

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Bruce Fischer, Jun 7, 2013.

1. I was cleaning the engine cradle on my 1956 buick special station wagon while I had the motor and trans out and to change that damm brake line that runs under the motor you cant get to with the motor in. lol.I found the numbers 466 on the fire wall looks to be factory markings .Any ideas what it might mean? Thanks Bruce.:cool:

2. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Inspector 466 marking that he/she had checked what ever he/she checked. I went to a Mustang meet once where the first generation guys were all peeing on their shoes because some old fart who had been inspector number ????? at the factory was in attendance. I guess he was authenticating his check marks from what I could make out.

3. Thanks for the information.I thought may it was the car # that rolled off the line.Bruce.

4. Good thing it wasnt inspector # 666 :eek:

Oldmics

5. That's what I was thinking .lol.Bruce.

6. buford26

buford26

I've seen the trim number written on the firewall before. Does it match the trim number on the body tag attached to the cowl?

7. Buford, I didn't think of that let me check and I let you know .Bruce.