Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest Shoe Box Ford Parts of OKC, OK = CLOSED

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by geemann51, Jun 7, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. geemann51

geemann51

Some of you might have heard by now, that SBF parts out of OKC, OK have unexpectedly closed its doors effective this morning. If you have ever dealt with them, you most likely have interacted with Chris and Hollie Whittington who are not only a wealth of knowledge, but who have committed their lives for the last seven years to provide exceptional customer service for shoebox enthusiasts world wide. I won't go into the details that led up to this closure (that's Chris's story if he wants to tell it) but suffice it to say, this unexpected closure has also put Chris and Hollie Whittington out of work.

Though Chris sees this as an opportunity to branch out on his own and to expand, it's going to take a little time and I thought this might be an opportunity for the SBF community to come together and take care of one of our own. Of course he would never ask, but if you wanted to drop a few dollars to [email protected] via PayPal, it would go a long way to help keep some groceries on the table and the lights on.

Anyway, I consider these guys my friends and just wanted to get the word out, my apologies to Ryan and the mods if this is an inappropriate post and if this ends up deleted, I fully understand.

2. clifforddean

clifforddean

That's horrible news.

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

3. manyolcars

manyolcars

Are you talking about Ray Marlers business in Midwest City?

4. Chris notified me by email this morning but I didnt want to post anything, its not my story to tell. I was in the middle of a parts order and it was a surprise to me to say the least. I have dealt with Chris on several occasions and by far was the best hot rod related person I have ever dealt with. Never an attitude, never a cold shoulder. Always the best service and always prompt. Could not ask for anything more. I will be making a donation, hopefully others will to.

Chris

5. Same association, dont know the details though but it is the same as Rays automotive. Dont know if that part is included. Best to wait and see what those who really know have to say.

6. big creep

big creep

what????? noooooooo!

7. daddio211

daddio211

I'll repost this from Chris and Hollie's Facebook page because its pertinent info to us Shoebox lovers...

"Chris is going to do his own deal. You can contact him 405-281-6007 or email [email protected]."

Keep these great people in business. And if you're so inclined there's an email to PayPal a donation to as suggested.

Sent using the NEW Droid HAMB app from atop my toilet.

8. Chris and Hollie are some of the finest folks I have had the pleasure to meet, I wish them well and anything we can do to help in this transistion, we are here.

9. gwayne

gwayne

Chris has been a good tech ear when I had some questions on my 1950 Coupe resto... he would take time to walk me through the issues at hand. he's good people......

10. 226 flattie

226 flattie
    from orange,ca

I talked with Chris, Chris said he will be on his own starting July 1st in okc . He is no longer with shoeboxford parts. Has a shop already in the works and will be doing a full service shop. Once he has everything in order he put his contact info out there.

I will see him next week and will keep everyone posted.

11. daddio211

daddio211

Thanks Nick!

12. 50Fraud

50Fraud

13. daddio211

daddio211

I get the feeling that this will turn out better in the long run for Chris and Hollie, and for us. It'll probably be a bumpy road for them for several months, we just need to stand behind them!

14. 226 flattie

226 flattie
    from orange,ca

I had a long talk with chris and in the long run it was a blessing . Hollie and himself will own there own instead of having having the responsibilities as owners but not being. Chris is high spirited about this having everything lined up and will be opening by July 1st . I wish the both of them the best of luck . Chris and Hollie have been really great with the whole shoebox community and most of his customers if not all will be ready to order from them as soon as the doors open. Since papke's death and shoebox ford gone , they will be the only shoebox haven around.

15. I think Ray is Chris' uncle.

16. yblock292

yblock292

Damn great guys to deal with, wealth of knowledge!

17. ginuine555

ginuine555
    from louisiana

Glad to hear they may be up and running their own business by July. Hated to see this happen.
    aj

18. Chris will survive this change but our help is needed, please help to a great guy in his time of need and he will be mad for all the help but that's what real friends do, love ya Chris! :D

19. Not so. Ray enticed Chris to come to Oklahoma from California with a partnership offer seven years ago. I won't go into any more detail than to say that Chris deserves our support and loyalty to get the new shop up and going.

20. manyolcars

manyolcars

Chris's website is advertising Made in USA wheel cylinders but they are Chinese

21. Mercchev

Mercchev

Great people, and they deserve our full support. Chris is one of the founding members of the Lonely Knights. We are behind them here in Colorado.

22. Mercchev

Mercchev

^^That is exactly right.

23. 50Fraud

50Fraud

What website? I don't see one referenced or linked.

24. ......not to mention all the hail wind damage they had during the last few Oklahoma storms! A little support during these times for a fine couple is needed, please.

25. We wish you the very best Chris and Hollie!
    You guys are super and so good to deal with. Helped us lots with our 49 project that I hope will be on the road this summer.
    Keep us all posted......

26. You guys hang in there. Chris has a plan. We spoke today and things appear to be headed in the right direction.

All the best. To Chris and Hollie.

27. That obviously isn't Shoebox Chris' web site, this thread is about him not being at Shoebox Ford anymore! What does that have to do with anything on this thread anyway?? This thread is about good people, and good people helping out other gearhead people, Has nothing to do with Chinese parts. Shoebox Chris and his wife have a plan, and will be back helping the 49-51 Ford community very soon!

28. Flat-Foot

Flat-Foot
    from Locust NC

Do you just get off on stirring sh#t? Every time I see you post you say something negative.

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

29. daddio211

daddio211

Agreed! Drama queen.

30. navyboy

navyboy

yea great little place, about two miles down the street from my house.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.