Register now to get rid of these ads!

super stupid question to ask, but........

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by ImpalaBob60, Jun 6, 2013.

1. Some of the most overlooked cool cars in my opinion are the 52-54 Fords. HRP

2. indyjps

indyjps

You say you want something different but call out 2 of the most commonly built cars, that anyone who can find a good one builds. 32 ford and a shoebox are very different vehicles, do you want a curvy car or a coupe. There's lots of 50's choices, keep an eye on them with an open mind, any 50's 2 door that is complete and decent shape. The way it becomes cool is if you are able to finish an uncommon car in a cool way, uncommon cars are difficult to find parts for, get a good one to start with. If you're just tired of you 60 Imp 4 door, send it down the road.

3. 4t8fltline

4t8fltline

37 Dodge 4 door, still reasonably inexpensive to buy, most likely in decent shape due to the fact that they're the ones still left in barns and sheds and how cool is suicide doors and torpedo headlights?

4. If you want something different not seen everywhere try finding anything MOPAR. Old DeSotos are cool.

Rickybop.....that is just too funny..

5. davidbistolas

davidbistolas

Maybe he's looking for inspiration:

"Hmm. I'm bored of this one. What else is out there?
    That's okay...
    Not that...
    Not that either...
    No...
    That's okay too, but meh...
    Not that either...
    Now that's cool." <buys new car.

Now, that's not the approach I would take- I go to car shows to be inspiried. but whatever works, right?

6. pasadenahotrod

pasadenahotrod
    from Texas

Every car guy sooner or later becomes hungry for something else than what they have. Some who have older cars end up with newer cars, some with newer want and get older. Some find happiness in their choices, some come to the hard realization that they were happier before . Can't imagin giving advice on this kind of change. Wondering why YOU don't have some notion of what might make you a happy camper?

7. hotrod40coupe

hotrod40coupe

It seems to me that if you are smart enough to realize that this is a "super stupid question" then you should be smart enough to know what you want.

8. flatout51

flatout51

Go buy an Edsel.

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

9. There's not one dog that wants it's bone until another dog wants it.

10. I find the best way to renew my interest in what I have is to make a change on it.

I've got a family car that my Dad bought new and I almost sold it a couple years ago. I figured out that a few changes would make it mine, so I lowered it and put spider caps and lakes pipes on it. Big change. Future plans are a custom grill and tail light treatment. I can make it stock again whenever I wish.

There is already something unique about your car and that is the fact that it is yours.

11. jesse1980

jesse1980

59 to 61 Pontiac 2 door hardtop. Different, you won't see even 4, and it will be only going up in value. Just saying....

12. 73super

73super

A lot of the 50's - 60's Chrysler stuff is cool and you don't see it very often at a car show. Early 60's sleds can be a lot of fun.

13. raidmagic

raidmagic

I remember you from the Impala forum and when you bought that car. I don't know there aren't a bunch of 60 Impalas running around here but if you want to not see any of your cars look at the off brands. I have a Hudson and have only seen one other at the local shows (when I go) and it's a 4 door.

14. Bryan G

Bryan G
    from Delmarva

A Nash, especially WW2 era; an IH pickup; Hudson. I like variety. You've already done GM. Find something you don't know anything about-learning all about a car, an engine, the company that made it, etc, is a lot of the fun in the hobby (for me at least.)

15. Studebricker

Studebricker
    from TX

I was also about to say Nash.... or Studebaker, of course!

16. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

Give your car a Watson paint job. You'll stick out and be way cool.

17. KandN Kustoms

KandN Kustoms

My vote is for a 59 ford.
    and if you REALLY want to be different go with the skyliner model!

18. Mopar Jack

Mopar Jack

Ill sell one of mine...lol...

Attached Files:

19. ididntdoit1960

ididntdoit1960
    from Western MA

Put a 348 w/6 deuces or a 409 in it and then it will be cool and you'll want to keep it

20. Isn't this a lot like asking "Who should I marry"?

21. joeycarpunk

joeycarpunk
    from MN,USA

My dad actually has one of these mail trucks in decent shape.:cool:

22. LeoH

LeoH
    from Reno, NV

23. GassersGarage

GassersGarage

Check the classifies and do a trade!

24. 61 chevy

61 chevy

25. iFlip

iFlip
    from San Angelo

26. fab32

fab32
    Member Emeritus

This isn't going to sound like straying much from the norm but I'd suggest a 4dr '55-'57 Chevy. WHY????? Because there a quite a few still around and they can had in much better shape than any 2dr model for a lot less money. They are user friendly as in entering and exiting (great for hauling friends) and think about it.............when your in the drivers seat the view out is the same as a 2dr. Keep it simple, maybe even a late model six with split manifold or headers and duals (a 292 would give you as much or more power than the typical SBC).

Frank

27. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Just about any 50 to 61 GM two Hardtop and a few four door hardtops from the mid 50's.

Some things to think about: No need to answer as it isn't any of our business but you need to consider these things.

1. How big is your fun car budget? Project cars cost money to complete and finished cars take hefty investments.

2. How much actual time do you have to devote to a project car if you did buy a project car that was cool as all get out.

3. Have you got a secure place to store and work on a project car?

While a four door sedan wasn't on the cool car list a lot of guys who are now in their 60's drove them in high school or just out of high school because they were several hundred dollars less to buy than a two door hardtop and quite often the insurance was a hell of a lot less.

The thing on a four door sedan of that year is that it isn't wise to tie a lot of money up in it as you most likely will never get it back when you sell or trade it. Presentable but not high dollar paint, decent and proper wheels/tires or/hubcaps if the case need be and a nice but not overdone interior and good but not outlandish sound system and you have a ride that you and your family and or friends can cruise in. If you decide to build a cooler car you still have a cruiser until the cooler car is ready for the road.

28. Cruiser

Cruiser

A Watson paint job, narrow white walls, Supreme wheels, bellflowers, air bags and you'll be very cool. Keep the car it's very cool car. :D

CRUISER :cool:

29. Spork!

Spork!

Out past the cornfields where the woods got heavy
    Out in the back seat of my '60 Chevy
    Workin' on mysteries without any clues
    Workin' on our night moves

You already have something that is cool and different. You have to figure out what it is you are after besides just something different. Do you want a hot rod that goes fast? Do you want a cruiser that is comfortable? Do you want a custom? Figure out what you want and then turn your car into that.

30. Dapostman

Dapostman

29 Chevy coupe with an flathead v8.