Register now to get rid of these ads!

1936 chevrolet grille

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by little skeet, Jun 7, 2013.

1. little skeet

little skeet
    from huston

Ok guys....does anyone know how to remove the grille out of a 1936 Chevrolet, without taking the complete grille (metal outerframe) with it? I only want to take off the chrome grille part while leaving everything else on the car.
    Has anyone done this?

Thanks in advance for all help/ideas

"Wasn't anybody there except me and "Little Skeet"

2. wahoo

wahoo

Don't know about a '36, but '34-'35 you must unbolt the trim ring, and the grille is sandwiched between the trim ring and grille shell. Then just re-install the trim.

3. wahoo

wahoo

After reading your post again, you may have to remove the radiator to get at it.

4. godlemmy

godlemmy

my dad has a 36 master.you have to take out the radiator to get to the bolts for the grill and the headlight buckets.it"s a pain in the ass.he's done it multiple times.just make sure you have everything bolted in BEFORE you put the rad back in,ask me how I know this!

5. 40_tudor

40_tudor

Found an original dealer booklet on the web for a friend’s 36 Master, I don’t remember where, but it said remove the chin panel at the bottom and you can get to the fasteners from below. Hope you have a long arm.
    Hope this helps.

6. Leakie

Leakie

This /\

If you haven't removed the chin piece before and replaced the rivets with bolts you will have to grind or hacksaw them out. I have done it on my 37 but it is a pain in the butt.

7. little skeet

little skeet
    from huston

OOh,,,yes...one would need a long arm...thanks for the info.