Register now to get rid of these ads!

Excitement in the lobby today....

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Zumo, Oct 6, 2005.

1. Zumo

Zumo

Not hot rod realted but car realted.

It appears the Aston Martin Avantage Tour is here and they are trying to pull some of the cars into the lobby down stairs. They are unloadig them from a big 18 wheeler out side. The rear of the car won't fit through the doors. They are down there bitting their nails and scratching their heads trying to figure out how to get them in. Appears they have every model and the new the V8 Vantage:
    [​IMG]

They had to brake some 1 inch thick glas to get one of them in.

2. skumbag

skumbag

where do you work?

3. Zumo

Zumo

Next to the AAC in uptown Dallas in the Centex building.

By the way Ford owns Aston Martin, I did not know that.

4. those are darn sexy

5. Zumo

Zumo

Yes they are. And it would be aday when I don't have a digicam handy. The $110k V8 Vantage in black they have down there is the sexiest I think.

6. Smokin Joe

Smokin Joe

The new ones come with the pop up bullet shield and Q's other little goodies?

7. Gotgas

Gotgas
    from DFW USA

Not exactly traditional, and I bet the thread gets deleted soon, but I did some data cabling in the Centex building in downtown.

8. and Pussy Galore?

9. Zumo

Zumo

Seriously? I see those guys here all the time. One dood has a lat 80's model ElCamino with 17 or 18 inch IROC wheels on it. Are you one of those guys?

10. Yes Please!!! and a side order of choclate ice cream too....

11. Kilroy

Kilroy
    from Orange, Ca

It's funny...

I'm soooo desensitized now.

I see those things at work every day. I see Ferrari's, Lamborghinni's, Bently's, Porsche's, Maserati's, etc, etc, etc...

My co-workers and I talk about it all the time...

When we go to get Coffee in the morning, almost every day there is well over $1mil of autos at the intersection.

There's a guy that works in the building across from me that literally drives a different Ferrari to work every day of the week. He has everything from an F50 to a Testarosa and on and on and on. I think I saw him driving a new Vanquish the other day too.

There is absolutely SICK money around here. I will NEVER live like that.

When I was a kid, just having a picture of a Ferrari was kind of a big deal. (I a poster with a testarosa and a custom Klien road bike) But now they're just cool cars.

The DB9 is one healthy sounding car though. REAL impressive leaving a light.

12. Silverado

Silverado

Hey Zumo, been on 67-72 lately?

Yeah, Ford owns Land Rover, Volvo, Jaquar, and I think part of Mazda...am I missing anything?