Register now to get rid of these ads!

65 F100 lowering tips on a budget..

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 62cadd, Apr 16, 2013.

1. jamesdfo

jamesdfo

Here is a thread showing the Jag XJ6 IFS into a '64 straight axle truck. Yes, I'm aware the twin I beam chassis dimensions are slightly different, but I expect it can be made to work, and the Jag track width is very close to the original front suspension.....

http://www.slick60s.com/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=21313

2. tjm73

tjm73

That exact same tech thread is here on the HAMB. Great info too.

You can also clip it with a 70's full size Ford front clip. LTD, Lincoln, Torino, Ranchero, ect...

3. impala631

impala631
    from INDIANA

Like I said before I personally don't care for the width of the crown vic clips, I did mine with a early 90s Chevy halfton clip, perfect width and I pulled it from a truck that was heading to scrap, so price was FREE!! the parts for these are cheap and easy to find, easy to work on, plus they have tons of aftermarket parts if desired,( drop spindles, tubular arms, canvey rotors, ect...)

[​IMG]

4. 54 intl

54 intl
    from Aldan Pa

What was your front wheel off set? I am almost completed on my 62 crown vic swap. I am making the rear arm mounting plates

5. LM14

LM14
    Member Emeritus
    from Iowa

Cut springs on the front and de-arched rear springs. Drives great. Don't know how many coils were cut, it was done when we traded.

SPark

Attached Files:

fiveoh108 likes this.