Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods This!? THIS!?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Grudge, Feb 25, 2013.

1. Grudge

Grudge

Who has details on this? Chop inches? Bed shorten inches?

ImageUploadedByTJJ1361857831.785826.jpg

Thanks!

Aaron

Posted from the TJJ App for iPhone & iPad

2. looks similar to the chop koz has pics of on a 34 hes doing for kees? looks about 4-6 inches from what they were saying :) on the top chop the bed probably about the same most of the beds were in the 6' range stock I believe

3. ironandsteele

ironandsteele

Be bitchin with some fenders and a paint job.

4. choptvan

choptvan

There's always one...

5. raidmagic

raidmagic

One?:D

6. Grudge

Grudge

Hmm, a bit cryptic, maybe that's your point?

Proportionally this is close to what I'd like to achieve on my pickup. If anyone knows the details on the build or has more pictures I'd appreciate it!

Thanks,

Aaron

7. barobert

barobert
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

The car was or still is in Switzerland. There is a report of the car in the Smokin Shutdown magazin No. 23.

8. SwedeVedette

SwedeVedette

I like it but maybe skip the radials in the rear?

9. VoodooTwin

VoodooTwin
    from Noo Yawk

Beautiful truck, I wouldn't change a thing.

10. Grudge

Grudge

Thanks! I'll try to find more info.

Aaron

11. Grudge

Grudge

Found another pic here on the HAMB

Aaron

Attached Files:

12. el Scotto

el Scotto
    from Tracy, CA

The only way I'd ever fit in that truck is if I was fed into it with a wood chipper.

Maybe a hatch in the roof I could flip open while driving....

13. 3wLarry

3wLarry
    Member Emeritus
    from Owasso, Ok

look again...those are bias-ply Firestone dirt trackers...

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  14. codeblu

codeblu

I don't see the problem with thinking it would look good painted or well detailed. And yes, I have cars that are in their natural patina.

15. choptvan

choptvan

as in there is always someone saying do this or that to make it better.

16. subdajj

subdajj

X two

17. codeblu

codeblu

I would think that as a shop owner, people that would want to change a vehicle to suit their taste would be preferrable, and profitable for you. I wouldn't want to take my ride to a shop and be told, "hey...leave it like it is..it's just fine..." And I don't mean this as an insult or a put down. You do very nice work.

18. Grudge

Grudge

I get it now! I'm slow haha.

Aaron

19. "Beautiful truck, I wouldn't change a thing."
    The only thing I'd do is paint it....

20. choptvan

choptvan

I wouldn't say that it needs changed just to see a profit. It might be profitable if someone were to do that yes. But if it came to my shop, I would not understand why we were doing all of that to it. Fenders? Not on this thing! IMO. I know. Everyone has one just like assholes though... some are more smelly than others! But with how the frame sits, motor placement etc.. fenders would NOt look good on this truck. Would throw everything out of proprotion i think. What I eman is , you would be changing the entire truck. Tires, rake, etc.. just to get fenders on it. Would cost a lot of money. That is what you would have to understand. And there is an inherent risk. You may not like it that way after paying all of that money to do it. That would suck right? So yeah. If you took it to my shop I would definitley talk you out of it. Just by mentioning numbers. Not even intentionally talk you out of it.

21. Grudge

Grudge

OK it's been a few months so I thought I'd ask again if anyone has the details of this build. I've looked far and wide for "Smokin Shutdown Magazine #23", but can't find it. If you have a copy could you PM me?

Thanks,

Aaron

22. lowpunk

lowpunk
    from berwyn, il

If i had to guess, he took about 8-9 inches out of the bed. It appears that its equal lengths front/rear from the body line dip on the upper bead. Granted i have a A bed that took 9 inches to achieve this uniformity, i'm guessing this is somewhat close to that. It doesn't appear that the front has been sectioned so i'm guessing 8-9 was taken from behind the dip. Not sure if this helps, i'm totaly wrong or what but thought i'd take a swing at your request.

23. Don's Hot Rods

Don's Hot Rods
    from florida

Before you build on like it I suggest you sit in one first. I had one chopped and channeled like that many years ago and I am only 5'9" and still couldn't sit up straight. I finally removed the roof and turned it into a rpu because I was constantly bent over with my head touching the roof.

They look cool, but aren't the roomiest cars out there.

Don

24. Grudge

Grudge

Thanks. 8-9" sounds right. I took 7" out of my bed since it's not slammed, I think it will have good proportions.

Below is a pic.

I'm still wondering about the chop though. I've been thinking 5" (blue tape on door), but maybe 6"??? Wanted to know what chop the previously mentioned truck has. Not trying to copy it but I don't want to iterate my chop height.

Aaron

Attached Files:

25. LSJUNIPER

LSJUNIPER
    from ct

26. Grudge

Grudge

It's good advice. I didn't before hand (so let this be a lesson to you kids out there!) and I've had to make all sorts of compromises so I can fit. For example I built my seat to literally sit on the floor. And I have had to get creative with my foot area. Pics below.

Aaron

Attached Files:

27. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

Yup. Damn hot rodders...:mad:

28. Getting rid of the toe boards was/is a great way to gain room. I like what you did inside.

29. hey aaron, whats the height of your window opening before chop ?? thx, dave

30. i have a chopped 34 that i dont know how much was taken out, chopped in the fiftys....