Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest Blind man going to try Bonneville

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Dan Parker, Jun 3, 2013.

1. 63comet

63comet

I'm worried that your testicles dragging the salt may hurt your record attempt!

2. Ole don

Ole don

Nah, he will use a five quart ice cream bucket for them!!

3. Ole don

Ole don

I have met really a lot of old guys who tell me what they want to do, or what they plan to do. As a geezer myself, I try to keep my mouth shut until I can tell you what I did. You sir, will be at the head of the line with your attitude. My hat is off to you.

4. Just spent two weeks with an left eye injury that forced me to pretty much keep both eyes closed and caused lots of pain about ten days. After reading your story I realize it was hardly worth mentioning. You, sir, are remarkable! I admire the rare person that can carry on with his ambitions, put tragedy behind him and do more than most with no deficiencies. I will be follow your posts with amazement!

5. Rickybop

Rickybop
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Dan...you are the MAN! All the best to you.

6. BrerHair

BrerHair
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Hahahaha! Hell yea! You are a fucking maniac! (I mean Dan, and I mean that as a compliment)

Inspirational, brother, best of luck to you!

7. firingorder1

firingorder1

Fantastic!!! I love the idea. When I read it first I thought BUB?? That's a bike meet. The photos explain it all. Seeing at Bonneville is over rated. I can tuck down enough on my sidecar that I can't see over the fairing so I watch the quarter and mile markers out the side. The absolute best of luck with your project!!!!

If I may make a suggestion. The area behind you will create a lot of drag. If you can come up with a fairing to fil in the rear you will add a few mph to the end result. Remember what Jack Costello said. "Its important how you open the air but more important how you close it".

8. So-Cal Speed Sacramento

So-Cal Speed Sacramento
    Alliance Vendor
    from Sacramento

very cool and incredibly inspirational.

9. RustyPile

RustyPile

I grew up around people with physical handicaps. My wife is so deaf that if a freight train pulled and parked beside her, she'd never hear a thing.. We've been married for almost 50 years, and I still marvel at the shit she comes up with.. For all you Bonneville Record Holders--- Don't look now but Dan's a coming!!! And he's just getting started..

Rustypile

10. Dan Parker

Dan Parker
    from Salem Al.

Thank you everybody for keeping up with my project. I also have some videos on YouTube, if you search then Parker rehab there is three videos of me operating my milling machine when I first came home from the hospital. I have much more proficient at it now and have some more tools that help me operate the mill and laid every day., Thank you Dan

11. Very cool Dan, You may be opening a whole new class of racing at the salt, maybe the world. I am very excited to see you make your record setting run at bonneville.

12. budd

budd

way to go Dan, maybe you have said how you will steer your bike in a straight line, will someone be talking to you?

13. Dan your an inspiration to all that hear of your will to overcome what life has handed you.
    May God guide you as you pursue your dream. Gary

14. Dan Parker

Dan Parker
    from Salem Al.

Yes my girlfriend will be in the checks from talking to me on to a racing communication headset type system. Also my GPS got system has some failsafes with an emergency stop them shut off the engine if the truck thanks the motor needs to be shut off. If encasements see maybe a fire Oilweek etc. Also the GPS data system will automatically shut off the motorcycle I get to four out of bounds of my centerline

15. Dan I just looked at your Facebook page and read some of the reports about the crash, and even more impressive the video's of you operating the mill.

Al I can say is GOOD FOR YOU! You are a true inspiration to all.

Of course you kind of set the bar pretty high for excuses as to Why we can't do something!

16. Buzznut

Buzznut

INSPIRED and SUBSCRIBED! You go bro...more power to you!

17. BrerHair

BrerHair
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Hahaha! Love it that your program thinks "think" is "thank"! You need the Alabama version of the program!

18. 296ardun

296ardun

From one Alabamian to another, you are an inspiration to all of us!! Go for it!!!

19. Blue One

Blue One
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Alberta

Sounds like you will get to feel the high speed rush of the wind in your face.

And the thrill of a tightly wound engine.

A wonderful experience.

20. heinz51

heinz51

I don't facebook but i don't ever miss bonneville, see ya there

21. Very inspirational and impressive to build it all without sight. I go to Speedweek every year, but not to the BUB meet, so good luck to your racing efforts!

22. The human spirit is an amazing thing and you sir are an inspiration to all. Enjoy the feeling of being free on the salt and living life on your terms . To the powers that be good on them for their progressive thinking we need a little more of it in the world , letting people live their dreams ...Cool!

23. Dan Parker

Dan Parker
    from Salem Al.

Yes I need the redneck version of Siri from Apple iPad, LOL. Also I have met some wonderful people in the wine world could do amazing things and I get my inspiration and guidance from them. If someone searches YouTube for Bernie
    Machinist is absolutely amazing the work this Mandez and has now expanded shop the bigger machine shop he works out about himself and a truly emachines. Thank you Laham for letting my friend live on Thank you the ham for letting my friend Leah I was worried it would be close because I know it's not a traditional hot rod thread. Thank you so much everybody for your support,

24. Dan Parker

Dan Parker
    from Salem Al.

Next week I'll learn how to type so we will not need a translator from my post., LOL everybody have a great weekend

25. rawcjw19

rawcjw19

Just checked out your story Dan. Wow! Inspirational to say the least. Watched a few of your old racing videos also. Will definatly be followingyour story thanks for sharing it.

Stacey

26. JerryLee

JerryLee

To quote Al Pacino in Scent of a Woman, "Hoo - awwww!"

Posted from the TJJ App for iPhone & iPad

27. Goldy

Goldy

Dan:, Burt Munro did not want to use brakes either. "I didn't come here to stop, I came here to go ! "
    Mr. Parker, you definately have got "one Up" on Burt. God Speed .

28. Dan Parker

Dan Parker
    from Salem Al.

iam working on my typing skills so we will be abe to read my posts better soon