Register now to get rid of these ads!

Old cars made into signs

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Hodad, Aug 25, 2009.

1. I've told people about that place for years and get that he's BS'ing us once again.

2. Pete

Pete

Here's a '25 T I purchased from a local auction a few years ago, it was a pretty well known land mark until sold.

pete-

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 4, 2013
  3. A couple from B.C. First one is in Salmon Arm and the second in Milner.

1935 Fordb 003b.JPG IMG_4621b.jpg

4. gr8shot

gr8shot

Biff Burger - St Pete, FL
    [​IMG]

5. yellerspirit

yellerspirit
    from N.H.

6. Rattle Trap

Rattle Trap

Here's a picture of it.

Attached Files:

7. mashed

mashed
    from 4077th

Old Havana, Cuba

[​IMG]

8. hotrod--willys

hotrod--willys

I think this is a Nash:confused::confused::confused::confused:

Attached Files:

9. I can't do the photos. But someone surely can from the Grand Island area. Fred that owns the GI bodyshop in Nebraska has some very cool cars he has built and put in the air at his shop. His latest is one he done for the dog pound and it is great.
    If you are ever in the Grand Island area check it out.

10. There's a '30 or '31 Model A infront of some dumpy business in Horse Cave, Ky. Never paid much attention to it. The owner cut the body off behind the cowl, rigged up a newer car's seat and a golf cart's clear plastic cover thing to keep out the cold. Pretty rough. Been there for at least 10 years. I may talk to the owner at some point, I could put my T body on the A chassis.

11. Willy_P

Willy_P

"50 foot" saxaphone made out of volkswagon parts and an upsidedown beetle at the bottom.
    Houston Tx, near 6025 richmond Ave, just west of Fountainview, across from Dave and Busters.
    Was red at one time, used to be a blues bar. May be called The Horn, or Diablo Loco or...

Maybe Tfeverfred could cruise by and get an update.

Here is a flickr link when it was red
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/mrchriscornwell/2229706957/

Attached Files:

12. Here ya go.
    [​IMG]

13. Willy_P

Willy_P

Hey Dennis,
    I was gonna say no joy on the Dog pound, but LowKat came through.
    I did a google street lookup on the GI body shop just for fun. Is that a parts truck?

Attached Files:

14. wonder if that ol' truck is still up after all the "FUN" in the Ok. area of the last few weeks :eek:

Last edited: Jun 6, 2013
  15. Jibs

Jibs

Attached Files:

• ok49.JPG
      ok49.JPG
      File size:
      422.3 KB
      Views:
  16. Ga55er

Ga55er
    from Texas

Doc's Harley Davidson. Bonduel WI
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

17. no.scar.no.story

no.scar.no.story

I see that one too... was wishing for a pic. The first time you see it you think you're driving up on a real accident.:eek:

18. mgtstumpy

mgtstumpy

Saw this in NZ in 2012. A Desoto going by the plate.

Attached Files:

19. mashed

mashed
    from 4077th

Outside of White, Georgia

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

20. oldpl8s

oldpl8s

Sign for Gold King mine in Jerome Arizona. Well worth the trip to see the old town and amazing collection of old trucks. The view from the trucks is quite remarkable.

Attached Files:

21. Reman

Reman
    from Florida

I just discovered this thread a few days ago and it reminded me that I knew of a truck up on a pole. I can even give a bit of history if you happen to be bored enough to be interested. This site is just east of Marianna Florida. It is however in a spot that I rarely go past even though I am not far from it. The Ford panel and yard in my pic is actually adjoining the original junk yard and used parts shop. This original yard had a bumpside Ford up on a pole by the front fence. That is what I had planned to get a picture of today. That yard has been closed for many years. The owner (at the time) was a very contrary hardboiled sort of guy. Seemed no one liked him. A customer walked in one day and could not find him. Finally did find him in his office, dead from multiple gunshot wounds. Neither a killer or motive was ever found. The same county I believe still holds the distinction of having the highest number of unsolved murders in the state of Florida......Fast forward, a newer scrapmetal/recycling place is on the adjoining acreage and the included Ford is up on their fence. I don't know what ever became of the old bumpside.

Attached Files:

22. Barn Find

Barn Find
    from Missouri

GMC truck service. I-70 Missouri

[​IMG]

23. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

I'm pretty sure it's still there, but I haven't been by that part of Richmond Ave. in quite a while. next time I'm cruising, I'll swing by. Thanks for the PM about the Beer Can House. I'm going to swing by there next time I go to Memorial Park.

24. James427

James427
    BANNED

I worked at the Vette shop back in the late 70's!! Wow that sign is a blast from the past.

There was also a VERY old car, maybe a 1902-1905 with a huge radiator on the front of it on a roof of an auto parts store on 8mile road. It was there for at least 20 years. I always wondered what kind of car it was and what happened to it. Anyone have pics of that one?

Attached Files:

25. Dennis Adams

Dennis Adams

I don't know where this is but it looks exactly like the one that is or was in Anniston Alabama. I know it was there in the early 60's, no idea when it went up or if it's still there today.

26. Firecat7

Firecat7

LOL......that Renault dauphine has been there at least since I was 9,chesea Me. , just outside of Augusta....I'm 59 now.

27. mashed

mashed
    from 4077th

28. best2923

best2923
    from north Id

29. clem

clem

Just down the road from home,I was going to post this until I saw your post. It 's a model A with home made tray and I'm told was sold on trademe (our version of ebay) last year.

30. Monolith

Monolith

[​IMG]
    San Berdoo, Kalifornia.