Register now to get rid of these ads!

Features The Unknown Roadster/ Road trip home

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by rebelrun, Jun 2, 2013.

1. 54reaper

54reaper

It was great to meet you! Im the guy (Mark) at the parts store Bumper to Bumper in Scott City, KS. Sweet car! And wishing you all the luck on missing the storms here and getting home safe! Good luck!

2. Congrats!
    Great car and story,
    epic road trip,
    that's what it's all about.
    GodSpeed

3. Flat-Foot

Flat-Foot
    from Locust NC

Congrats on such a great find and thanks for sharing your adventure with us!

4. Congratulations on making the deal and your first day on the road. HRP

Last edited: Jun 5, 2013
  5. GARY?

GARY?

Awesome! Safe travels and enjoy the drive.

6. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

Sooooo rad...

7. John B

John B

Anytime a road trip thread comes up on the HAMB it causes me to become restless. I still subscribe and follow along though.

8. Deuce Daddy Don

Deuce Daddy Don
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Keep on chasin' those lines!----Better weather will be waiting for you.
    Anticipating more pix!!----Don

9. rebelrun

rebelrun
    from deep south

ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1370454348.299729.jpg weather has been crap, but it's all part of it.

ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1370454385.619911.jpg lunch at boot hill

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

10. rebelrun

rebelrun
    from deep south

No I am running south away from the big storms.

11. Are you coming thru St. Louis?

12. AWESOME!! thanks for bringing us along on your journey

13. brad2v

brad2v

Super cool. Have fun!

14. rebelrun

rebelrun
    from deep south

St Louis is out due to rain belting i70. Running south east.

15. Stay dry brother! I hope you don't mind that I swiped your sunset pic and put it on my Instagram. Such a great shot!

16. fordman1

fordman1

Best of luck, long road trips in hot rods are so much better than driving new stuff. Adventure is in every mile!

17. rebelrun

rebelrun
    from deep south

Day two is a wrap. 400 more miles down.

There is something very unique to driving a long haul in a roadster. You have a connection to everything around you, even more so then on a bike I feel. There is no helmet, no curtain of sorts to block the sights, sounds and smells.

I am fully convinced it takes a different type of person to go at the long run without the protection from the elements ( other then a windshield, and rain coat.) I feel I am learning more about myself and this car with every mile that passes. That is what I love about the road. No radio, no distractions that are self induced. You are just there, fully there. You can learn a great deal about yourself, your ride and your country by just getting out on the roads in a car that is devoid of the built in comforts and entertainment that many have come to take for granted.

I am still on the back roads. The weather started out terrible, and was pretty crappy through most of the day. That part of it right? Hot rodding is not just about the road, its about everything connected to it. Even breaking down on the side of it.

I have been super lucky so far with any little mishaps. Yesterday was saved by some kind folks, and today I got a hand from some as well. (Mark at bumper to bumper and his co workers) So I pulled into a small town to grab another layer to stack on because it got god awful out. Rainy cold and gross. During my oil check and such I noticed my fan bracket at come loose and slacked the belt. No 5/8 wrench in my ghetto road bought kit, yet the boys came out and lent me one right quick and I was back right as rain... which it happened to be doing on and off on me.

The road was kind today. Gas stations sprang up when needed, food and a pisser as well when it came time. Some cool little things here and there to catch the eye. Cant complain there.

What did strike me as new today was how people react to this car. I have had a few great cars from the early 30s, but none pull people in like this little girl does. People cant help but find something they need to say or need to show in some form of expression when the see it. Waves, smiles, neck snapping wheel turning reactions. Women, Men and children just seem to be drawn to it.

Maybe its a mix of the fact its out in nasty weather, running the roads hard. Not hidden away, not being babied. Maybe its something else. None the else its so great to see the smiles on the folks faces.

18. rebelrun

rebelrun
    from deep south

for some reason it will not let my post pics. Seems the security on this connection is blocking it or something. I will try tomorrow.

Last edited: Jun 5, 2013
  19. thunderbirdesq

thunderbirdesq

This rules. Love the car!

20. Acme Speed Shop

Acme Speed Shop
    from so cal

I love it. Nice story tellin' too!

21. Hackerbilt

Hackerbilt

Awesome! You're doing something that very few even realize they're missing out on.
    You're actually LIVING the dream.
    Feels good, don't it? ;) :D

22. Keep us posted! What a great story to find such a car and an even better story getting to drive it long distance! :D

23. Greatest thread in a long time!! God damn I love roadsters!!

24. ANDEREGG TRIBUTE

ANDEREGG TRIBUTE
    from Bordertown

[​IMG]
    1001 words right there.....

Inspiring!!!!
    Take care and be safe...

25. Mnhotrodbuilder

Mnhotrodbuilder
    from Afton, MN

Cool car and trip. I really like the pictures you have posted so far.

26. Doc Squat

Doc Squat
    from tulsa, ok

I guess you bypassed Tulsa?

27. rebelrun

rebelrun
    from deep south

ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1370500060.500978.jpg from my phone. Won't let me from mac. Got some killer ones coming as soon as I can.

Yes, I am aware of how good I have it. Very aware. Thanks all. Wish you were all rolling in a line with me.

Hmmm that's an idea.