Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects 36-taildragger.....Made in Sweden

Discussion in 'Traditional Customs' started by Kenneth31coupe, Mar 17, 2013.

1. Thanks Mano.
    Tack Bosse. Lång väg kvar men ha tålamod.:)
    Thanks Rex.

Thanks.
    Thanks prefect20.I´m the kind of guy that puts some pride in doing as much as possible my self.That´s how hot rodders did it since the beginning and for me it´s really satisfying creating and fabricating.And one more reason is I don´t have the dollars to buy all the stuff.

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  2. hotrodmano

hotrodmano
    from Norway

He said :I guess its ok, but I`m really into Beemers" :D

3. klazurfer

klazurfer

Most excellent build :) Best part is that I live so close to Sweden that I might see that waay cool Kustom live one day soon :)

Klaz :)

4. Thanks Chris.
    Hey Mano.I´m pretty sure you are a proffesional translater:D
    Thanks Klaz.

5. Made some small parts for the shifter today.Running a 1940 column whith column shifter and coupled it up to the 350 tranny.Had to shortend the shifter bar to clear the engine. Cut of about 1-5/16" and also removed one of the arms. Made a new arm to put on the tranny and one rod to fit between column and transmision

Attached Files:

John 79 and chryslerfan55 like this.
  6. Wensum Valley Rods

Wensum Valley Rods
    from England

Loving this thread. Some incredible work and lovely attention to detail.

Got me subscribed. Looking forward to the updates.

Paul.

7. Tnomoldw

Tnomoldw

:)Great work is'n it:cool::D

8. Thanks a lot Paul. I´m watching your thread and you are doing some really nice job your self......Kenneth.

9. Time for another small up date. This weekend there was no work in the garage.Fellow Hamber J.B. and his friends in A-Bombers hot rod club put up a hot rod meeting and me and my youngest son drove there whith the modell-A coupe instead.We sure had a great time there.
    This evening it was time for some after work in the garage again.Heated and bend the steeringarms to clear the wishbones.Have a 4" dropped axel which I believe is an old more-drop axel so I had to bend the steering arms a bit. Got it all mounted up and now its time to put on the wheels and set it down on the floor.

Attached Files:

10. Well here it is. Finaly standing on it´s own four wheels.

Attached Files:

11. Posting some pic´s of the body I have to deal with.Needs a lot of TLC but absolutly not hopeless.Cut out what was left of the floor so I can set it on the frame.Need to built new rockers and subrails.The roof have been filld some time in the past but the channel for the insert is still intact and sitting under the filling piece.The guy who did it must have cut out the channel, fill the roof and then put it back for reinforcement.Have´nt decided yet if I will keep the filld roof or open it up and install an cloth insert.Any way I have to split the roof when choping it.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 2, 2013
  12. Got the body on the frame today. Had to cut some in the firewall but when I´m filling it again it will look like stock only some wider recess to clear the distributor and heads.Think it got a nice tail dragging look only it´s too high in front.Gonna replace the front spring with a lower one.

Attached Files:

13. ESGEE

ESGEE
    from Sweden

Getting the body on the frame is when you see things, gonna be killer with lower springs in the front.
    Keep the good work up...

14. Just could´nt resist.Had to mock up with fenders and skirts to get a glimpse. 2 inches lower in front will be great but the ass sits just right I think.

Attached Files:

15. Tnomoldw

Tnomoldw

:)It is going to be a fine machine.....and yes it is setting right.:cool::D

16. farmer12

farmer12

Can't believe I missed this thread, great custom! Keep up the good work!

17. Thanks Farmer 12. I´m watching your build to and it´s bad ass.Pretty cocky whith that hemi in it......Kenneth.

18. brady1929

brady1929

19. DocWatson

DocWatson
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

WoW! I have to follow the crowd, your work is superb and having it all dressed in a 36 coupe? Custom perfection!
    Will love to see this finished, keep up the fine work.

Doc.

20. fleet-master

fleet-master

I'm not really a 36 fan ....unless they look like yours Kenneth!! Its gona be sweet like golden syrup!!

21. sproadster30

sproadster30
    from Natick, Ma

Very cool coupe! Outstanding craftsmanship so far! I'll be watching this one for sure!

22. LeadSledMerc

LeadSledMerc

Coming along real nice, Kenneth...looks awesome!

23. Tnomoldw

Tnomoldw

:)Your car is a legend in its own time.......:cool::)

24. david_mark

david_mark
    BANNED

Looking good my friend, love that style. great work

25. Thanks a lot guys. You are all too kind.No updates today.We got some really nice weather and I´m gonna take the model-A for a spin instead.

26. Tnomoldw

Tnomoldw

:)Enjoy!!!!!!:cool::D

27. Started today and try to clean this mess up.Both A and B posts looks like shit where they are supposed to attache to the frame.The rockers was totaly distroyed and replaced by some totaly wrong pieces.Have some new rockers from Bob Drake to start with and then I´ll try to build some new mountings for A and B posts. Have absolutly no clue of how it´s supposed to look like. If there´s anyone having some good shots of off these parts I´ll be very pleaced if they were posted here.Spend half of the day meassuring and trying to get the body sit right before fixing it up to the frame.Had to mount the running boards to have as reference.

Attached Files:

28. 32coop

32coop
    from Australia

I'm loving your build. Really top notch work. Do you happen to know what the part number is for those rockers they look real nice?
    Cheers Aaron.

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

29. Damn, those pillar footings are fugly. Will try to get some pics of mine up later today...