Register now to get rid of these ads!

History Wanted!!! 1964/65 Ford Falcon A/FX Pics!

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by FAST EDDIE'S HOT ROD SHOP, Nov 24, 2009.

1. tatman43

tatman43
    from Wisconsin

I want to throw my hat in on the wagon build. I have been trying to get some work done on this for a few years now and I think it's time to get serious.

Attached Files:

2. Nice! I like the old school twisted flange torker manifold. I am kinda looking for a wagon, if I could get it for the right price! I have really started to like those things!

3. tatman43

tatman43
    from Wisconsin

64 Falcon Wagon that I am building as a B/FX Street and Strip nostalgic racer. Body is rust free and I replaced the front floor sections. Still needs a minor repair in the right rear. Frame and torque boxes are in perfect shape as is the whole engine compartment. 9in. rearend with Moser 31 spline axles, 4:86 gears, full spool, and Currie big 11"drum brakes is already installed. Car was an automatic but I just installed a clutch pedal set-up. New front and rear fiberglass bumpers from Crites Restorations and also their motor and trans mounts for the V-8 and 4-speed trans. New aluminum radiator, 12 gal fuel cell, fuel pump and aluminum fuel lines, carpet, coil over shocks, ladder bars, lightweight racing buckets. I also plan on installing a 302 with Procomp aluminum heads, .540 lift mild hyd. cam, vintage Edelbrock Torker intake, Hi-Tork Mini starter, 100 amp 1 wire alternator, new Billet distributor, CSR electric water pump, Milodon deep sump oil pan with a Melling Hi-Volume oil pump, concourse correct gold valve covers, new flywheel and clutch and pressure plate. Toploader 4-speed with a rare MR. Gasket Vertical gate shifter.8 point roll bar. I also have a set of V-8 front spindles to convert front to 5 lug hubs. Wheel Vintiques steel rims and "Pie Crust" vintage style cheeter slicks for the rear.

Attached Files:

4. FEPasley

FEPasley

Hubert Platt built three of these cars my dad bought one and raced it as The Flying Falcon, He could stand this car straight up in all 4 gears going down the track.

5. FEPasley

FEPasley

Hubert Platt built 3 of these cars, my dads name is Harold Pasley he bought one of these cars, and raced it as The Flying Falcon. He stood that car straight up in all 4 gears going down the track.

6. FEPasley

FEPasley

Hubert Platt built 3 of these cars. Harold Pasley is my dad he bought one of these cars and raced it as the flying Falcon.

7. Mazooma1

Mazooma1

Some rich kid's daddy bought this for him in about 1969. The kid took it to Bob's Big Boy in Pasadena, stopped it right in front of the windows of the restaurant, revved it up several times to get everyone's attention, then the dumbass hit the gas and dumped the clutch.
    In front of about 100 teenagers in the restaurant, he instantly lost control of the Falcon and crashed into an oncoming Volkswagon.
    Then, he got out at ran and hid behind a trash bin.
    When the cops came, he slithered out to fess up. Both he and the VW driver were OK.
    We still talk about that night, some 40+ years later. I had my Model A panel delivery that night and my friends and I were standing out in front of the restaurant to watch. We had prior warning that this dope was going to pull a stunt. We just didn't know it was going to be this exciting...
    HAAHAHAHAHHA....what a dip-shit!!!!!!

8. Another shot of Mr Lyalls car... From Milan Dragway. Photo posted by Steve Savage on Dearborn Flashback Facebook

Attached Files:

9. Frank Taylor

Frank Taylor
    from Iva, SC

Here's a car that old farts from the Southeast might remember. Ed Skelton from Anderson, SC. [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

10. Frank those are some awesome pictures!

11. ec164

ec164
    from MI

See what I mean about stacks out of the hood Mike.........Al

12. 65COMET

65COMET

Fast Eddie,called the other night,he is recovering from shoulder surgery,had a tune up done on it,will be out of commission as far as shop work goes,hopefully he will get on here!! ROY.

13. tatman43

tatman43
    from Wisconsin

Got my Speedway Motors straight axle kit for my 64 Wagon the other day. Now I can get started on the front end and get the motor in! SPRING is here!!!!

14. tatman43

tatman43
    from Wisconsin

Wisconsin winters really suck...60 degrees out today so all the snow melted and flooded my shop! Time to move!!

15. FunnyCar65

FunnyCar65
    from Colorado

Not to highjack the thread but,anyone know if first gen small block Bronco fenderwell headers will fit the 64-65 Falcons?My Dad just bought one to build into an altered wheelbase he wants to keep the 289 he just bought an Edlebrock crossram to use on it.Also on Bonners light blue one,are those Fairlane inner headlight buckets connected to the fresh air ducts?Sorry for the questions but this is our first trip into Ford territory.

16. 65COMET

65COMET

Fast Eddie;Are you out there,HELLO!!!!!!! ROY.

17. MD1320guy

MD1320guy

Roy

Give Eddie a break. Its probably difficult to type with his nose. Seriously, best wishes for a speedy recovery Eddie.....Mike

18. mercuryjunky

mercuryjunky
    from arvada,co

Awesome pics, Love the 60 wagon

[​IMG]

19. MD1320guy

MD1320guy

OK guys

This is a call for help. Do any of you by chance have a 1965 AHRA, NHRA or NASCAR rule book in your memorabilia collection? I'm trying to help a neighbor reserect a barn find back to true 1965 /FX, /XS, /SX, etc and a scan of the rules would be a BIG help.....Mike

20. mercuryjunky

mercuryjunky
    from arvada,co

21. Motorhead Extraordinaire

Motorhead Extraordinaire
    Alliance Vendor

22. Motorhead Extraordinaire

Motorhead Extraordinaire
    Alliance Vendor

It sure looks like the Ted Detar AF/X car has a long nose on it. I don't recall seeing another AF/X Falcons with those long fenders.

Anyone know any more about long nose Falcons?

Joe

23. OldColt

OldColt

Love those old AFX Falcons and Comets. Had a 2 Door street strip '64 Comet myself back in the day. Dyno Don was one of my hero's back then. Remembered his white '64 AFX car sitting in the pits at our local strip with black rubber on the leading edge of the rear wheel openings where the tires were hitting. Don't recall any stretched nose Falcons other than the Kansas Badman though. --- Steve ---

24. Falconred

Falconred

That is the only long nose Falcon that I've seen also, for those that don't know the car probably has a Mopar Hemi. Detar was a noted Mopar engine man building all of Gene Snow's engines and several more of the known drivers of the day.

25. MUNCIE

MUNCIE
    from Houston

Yep,
    Guess they didn't want to run the fuel tank on the nose...?

26. Falconred

Falconred

Looks like an early addition of Hubert Platt's Falcon by the location of the Crane Cams logo and the short injector stacks. Probably a 4 speed as most 4 speeds used short stacks and autos used tall for improved torque as most thought then.

Looking at later photos the tank was out in front of the grill as was Bonner's and others. NHRA later outlawed the tanks mounted out front.

Here is the same car from a different view and the later Iowa Shaker car: sorry not my photos, photographer unknown.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 11, 2013
  27. MUNCIE

MUNCIE
    from Houston

:cool::cool:

28. mercuryjunky

mercuryjunky
    from arvada,co

This was over on FaceBook, Blaney Dragstrip Photos.

Awesome Photo Early Teardrop Ram Air Hood

[​IMG]

29. 65COMET

65COMET

Ken;that is a great picture! I had never seen that 64 Falcon before!! ROY.

30. I would like to find that hood! It has the rocker panel moulding that looks like it's not cut, I guess the wheel well is not cut forward? Also what is under the passenger side floorboard, just below the eagle on the door? It looks like a 2x4