Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest Get well Swifty.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by flatoz, Jun 2, 2013.

1. swifty

swifty

Thanks everyone for the good wishes, much appreciated. Got let out of hospital last night so I'm back home for a couple of days then off to Melbourne where Corey has organised a cardiologist to check me out and fix the problem. Only read your messages today as the local hospital doesn't have wi-fi and I couldn't use the new tablet that the wife had just bought!

I've got to get better as I'm in the middle of fitting new front shocks on the wife's 33 coupe and she's missing her ride LOL

2. 460stang

460stang

Get well soon Swifty!

3. Abomination

Abomination

Well, holy shit!

I never thought I'd see 'ol Swifty in the shed gettin' some work done... ON HIMSELF! LOL!

Get well soon, ya old poop! :D

~Jason

4. HOTFR8

HOTFR8

Good to hear (read). As for the shocks they can wait as you have given so many others shocks. ;)

5. Kiwidave

Kiwidave

Hi Swifty, not good you being in hospital but glad you are back home and Cory has organised a good doc. It was great catching up at the Nats and hope you had a trouble free trip home. Take care

6. Rok 51

Rok 51

Get well soon, Pete.

Rocky and Pauline.

7. Just Caught this thread Swifty. Hope the doc gets you the Hop up you require to resolve the matter. Looking forward to seeing you out on the road again very soon All the best. - Rhys

8. 50 customcoupe

50 customcoupe

Hi Swifty, Get well soon and get back out there in the garage, them old cars can't wait forever, ......stay safe.....Ray...

9. HOTFR8

HOTFR8

Got a message last night from Swifty. Visiting the Big Garage for a test & tune day. All the best.

Last edited: Jun 5, 2013
  10. HOTFR8

HOTFR8

Another message last night sounds like all is going well.

11. ronnieroadster

ronnieroadster

Swifty good to hear your our and about again please go easy yes I know that's going to be hard to do but hey we want to see you back at Hershey and Cal so do as the doctor and Corey orders. All the Deuces can wait a bit longer but I think Corey will help on the shocks for Moms coupe.
    All the best from Laura and Ron

12. Codeman021

Codeman021
    from Washington

Take it easy, get well.

13. flatoz

flatoz

Well, the old mans home from his grease and oil change. Even got to ride home from the hospital in a big block olds powered olds. And no I wasn't trying to test his heart still worked ok. A few days rest and he will be able to start getting back out in garage.

14. Hey Corey that's great to hear.

15. That's great to hear Corey, I'm sure you hooked him up with the best doctor he could get.

Swifty, we were really shocked to hear you were having an issue because you seem so trim and fit. Just goes to show you even the well tuned have issues once in a while. Give that new stent a chance to settle in before you go fixing the wife's car - that's what you have a son for:)

Here's to a fast and full recovery,

Dennis & Sue

16. Doc.

Doc.
    Member Emeritus

Get well soon Swifty.

17. So glad to hear you are doing well!!! You had many people this side of "the pond" praying for you!! Hope to see you again!!!

Laura

Attached Files:

• 018.jpg
      018.jpg
      File size:
      487.1 KB
      Views:
    • 007.jpg
      007.jpg
      File size:
      491.4 KB
      Views:
  18. swifty

swifty

Thanks everyone for all your good wishes. Corey set me up with a great medical team and they found and fixed the problem and now all I have to do is rest for a few days then I can get back to my normal routine.
    Wife took me for a cruise in my coupe today as I'm not allowed to drive yet.

19. striper

striper

Well I'm glad I came in on the tail end of this Swifty and all is well. Good planning. Get the rebuild done in the off season. Less time off the road that way.

All the best

Pete

20. badcoupe34

badcoupe34

Get well soon Swifty, we need you around for many more years.

21. 46deluxe

46deluxe
    from australia

That's great news Swifty , hopefully we will catch up at a run somewhere in the future .
    Take care .

Scott.

22. Great to hear Swifty. :)

23. e-tek

e-tek
    from SK, Canada

Heard of your plight through Simon - glad to hear you're doing well!

24. So all is well? HRP

25. flatoz

flatoz

Hi HRP,

He is doing well, well he was last time I saw him. He should end up back doing what he wants to do, just I hope being a bit more cautious. He has 2 more 32's to finish so he's going to be too busy to get sick again!