Register now to get rid of these ads!

Thumper hp?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Gizzy, Jun 4, 2013.

1. PackardV8

PackardV8

Only if he's running a 150 shot of nitrous.

jack vines

2. Thumper

Thumper

<------- I've never made such a claim.....:eek::eek::eek:

3. That is a mechanic, most modern mechanics are really just parts replacers. The Ol' Man was a mechanic and he was not a parts replacer, he was also an automotive mechainst but if you would ask him he would say that he was a mechanic. He always told me if I was going to pick up a wrench to be a mechanic and not a parts replacer.

Hmmmn, I know a guy that changes oil down at the local Jiffy Lube, he calls himself a mechanic. I always snicker to myself when he says it.

me niether but I do have a hundred horse brigs n stratten in my riding mower.

Actually HP is a number that cannot be measured, what can be measured is Torque and HP can be estimated from the torque that a specific engine produces.

4. Pimpin37zephyr

Pimpin37zephyr

Parts replacer call them self technicians, and they replace parts instead of fix them because its cost effective and everybody want cheaper.

5. fab32

fab32
    Member Emeritus

I don't know what all of you are pissing about. I'll bet if you knew the guy he was downsizing the HP claim so you wouldn't feel bad. I'm thinking at least 850+ hp and probably at around 12,000 RPM. Can't you fellas recognize true modesty when you encounter it? :eek::rolleyes::cool::D

Frank

6. Gene Boul

Gene Boul

A bit over 1 HP per inch is my guess.

The older I get the better I was...

7. hoop98

hoop98
    from Texas

I would think a current Cup engine with the max thumpr grind would make at least 550!

8. Tell him you would like to know how to calculate the horsepower of an engine and ask him how he did his.

Charlie Stephens