Register now to get rid of these ads!

I.D. These 39' Ford Fenders Please!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by scout4924, Jun 3, 2013.

1. scout4924

scout4924

I located these 39' Ford fenders. Not the best angle for the pic, but it's all I got.
    To me they look like sedan fenders.
    I have a 39' Plymouth Business Coupe. I was told 39' Ford coupe fender would fit and are perferred by some because they have more of a swooppy look and you get around the goofy Plymouth headlights.
    Waiting for a 91 year old man to call me back! He may know what they came off........

Attached Files:

2. alchemy

alchemy

They are 39 Ford deluxe or 40 standard and deluxe fenders. Fit all passenger cars, but not pickups or trucks.

Will NOT bolt up to a Plymouth without MAJOR mods. It would be easier to use Plymouth fenders and just modify the headlight area if you want different headlights.

Each of those Ford fenders is worth ten Plymouth fenders. I usta have two 39 Plymouth sedans and practically gave them away. Not much market for them, so cost is reasonable.

3. scout4924

scout4924

What's a ball park value on them? (they are for sale)

4. manyolcars

manyolcars

Whats it worth?
    The world is not Walmart with fixed prices on every item. Even at Walmart you can get prices changed due to circumstances. The value of ANYTHING is determined by circumstance. If you have an item that you think it worth $100 but you try and try and no one will give you $100 but everyone offers $50, then maybe its only worth $50. Same thing if you have a $100 item but the buyer offers $900 (yes people do this, sometimes so they can brag about how much it cost)
    A junky old car or car parts is worth exactly as much as the buyer and seller agree on and that changes constantly. Some woman might want that junk out of her yard for free and you sell it for $2500, so whats it worth? One minute its worth nothing then its worth $2500. and the guy you sell it to may find someone who gives $6500. So whats it worth???

5. The37Kid

The37Kid

If you have the original "Square" Plymouth headlights check to see what they bring on "That Auction Site' you may be very suprised. Bob

6. manyolcars

manyolcars

and lets see you get the same amount! A few years back an item went for big bucks on ebay and because of that an identical item was on auction the next day. No one bid on the second one

7. The37Kid

The37Kid

^^^ True, but just because something may look ugly is no reason to think it doesn't have value. Bob:)

8. alchemy

alchemy

My ears were burning.

9. scout4924

scout4924

Well I guess, Thanks for the economics lesson. I did say "Ball Park". The value of them was suggested and sparked my interest. I've bought and sold enough items in my 49 years to understand all the things you pointed out. "The More You Pay- The More It's Worth" I'm always keeping an eye out for an item to flip. Last thing was a 73 Suzuki GT550 Payed $90.00 added $40.00 in parts, Sold $1800....

As for the headlights. I got really nice 39 Plymouth fenders but no buckets or lenses. I did pick-up one round type bezel for $19.00. I don't like the odd "square" lights, So I really don't want to spend the cash for them. Looking for an alternative. One that keeps the integrity of the fenders would be wise.

10. alchemy

alchemy

There's a pair of cherry 39/40 Ford fenders in the classifieds for $800 right now. That should be a good guide.

11. scout4924

scout4924

Thank you.
    Now it's worth trying to get the 91 year old owner on the phone.