Register now to get rid of these ads!

Newbie from Shanghai, China

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by pipy.sum, Jun 3, 2013.

1. pipy.sum

pipy.sum
    from Shanghai

Hello, All
    i am Chinese come from Shanghai.
    These Hot Rod and Custom culture just so amazing, so fascinating.
    i have no four wheels at all but simply like these and hope one day can ride it on... and i have a Harley sportster.
    Hat off to you guys, you are TRUE artists.
    Regards
    pp

Attached Files:

2. silent rick

silent rick

welcome to the hamb

3. Gotta appreciate a person that likes the finer things .... welcome from California

4. Welcome from Florida

5. MotorVillain

MotorVillain

Welcome from Detroit!

6. Welcome from Canada!

7. pipy.sum

pipy.sum
    from Shanghai

Guys, thank you all!
    here is my recently hand paint job, riding the Harley and wearing the A-2 flight jacket. i am also a big fan of USAAF flight jackets, hope you will like this.

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

8. silent rick

silent rick

be sure to check out the friday art show

9. Welcome from Michigan.

10. captmullette

captmullette

welcome, car people are all alike.....we like cars.......and motors.......and beer.......etc. etc.

11. e1956v

e1956v
    Alliance Vendor

Welcome from Colorado Springs

12. Big-O

Big-O

Welcome from Ohio. Love your rat fink!!! Way cool. Hope you find yourself a 4 wheeled rod as well, The bikes are a damn good start though. I didn't realize the hotrod scene was that big in China. If you have any questions about old school cool, these guys are the ones to ask. Good luck!

13. Veach

Veach

First Welcome from Texas and it sure would be Awesome to see some pictures of your part of the world and what's happening with the Car Scene there if you can make it happen with out to much problems

14. HOTFR8

HOTFR8

Welcome. (Nee-Hao) I have been to Shanghai. Tell me what is the translation for Hot Rod into the Chinese language ? I understand there is no true translation as such.

15. go-twichy

go-twichy
    BANNED

all's you have to do is translate the word "hot" and what ever word they use for a dudes wee wee. and that's what we are.

16. Welcome from the UK - I've been to Shanghai and it's an amazing city. If you could start a hot rod scene anywhere in China it would be there.

17. storm king

storm king

Welcome to the HAMB from Kentucky. I'm working on a business trip to Shanghai, perhpas we could meet up and talk hot rods!

18. k9racer

k9racer

i know the spell in wrong but waay..nee hao boo hao. It been a long time ago I was in Hong Kong.. I saw a small military truck {not brit} on the boarder with white wall tires.. Welcome.. Boys this is the next place we will be exporting our hot rods to..

19. welcome to the HAMB
    check out the Japanese car scene on facebook, wild customs

20. sololobo

sololobo

Hey dude, welcome here. I love your art work. I am a vintage clothing dealer and love the A-2's and all the vintage military jackets. You are in the right place to see the true American hotrod scene, enjoy brother. ~sololobo~

21. pipy.sum

pipy.sum
    from Shanghai

Thank you Silent rick, “friday art show” that's my [SIZE=-1] favourite in HAMB.

And Thanks for all your kindly words!

HOTFR8 and K9racer you guys pronuncing spelling is right (but Chinese has own [/SIZE][SIZE=-1][SIZE=-1]phonetic alphabet, different as International [/SIZE][/SIZE][SIZE=-1][SIZE=-1][SIZE=-1][SIZE=-1]phonetic alphabet[/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE]), thanks. actually the "Hot Rod" has no particularly translation in Chinese[/SIZE], we just using the original name, “热、火爆”in Chinese means "Hot", if really wanna translate i will say “爆改老爷车” means incredible custom vintage auto.

Due to the import trade control policy and automobile/traffic control policy in China, riding in a Hot Rod here has only been a dream, even riding a motorcycle, beyonds the high vat tax and import tax, the price of license plate number of motorcycle in Shanghai already over 120,000 RMB, can you believe this? but anyway nobody can stop people dreaming.

Thanks, Storm king, be sure to send me message if you will come to Shanghai, we can catch up!

[SIZE=-1] [/SIZE]

22. pipy.sum

pipy.sum
    from Shanghai

Thanks dude, i am a dealer of "The Few" well known as "The Real McCoy's NZ", i sell their reproductions and also provide backpaint and leather patchs customizing service.
    Good to know you!

23. Welcome Aboard from Auburn Hills, MI. Have not yet been to China but The Day Job has some large offices in Shanghai. Your motorcycle sketch looks great, I hope we see more of your art when you have time to post.

24. Welcome aboard from Georgia :cool:

25. Welcome to the Site .....

26. Kinky6

Kinky6

Hey, welcome to the HAMB! I really like your "weird-o" inspired motorcycle riding drawing; you've got that look nailed down pretty good.

If you haven't looked at the Jockey Journal yet, you'll probably like to check it out; its like the HAMB, but on two wheels.

Later, Kinky6 :cool:

27. Fairlane Mike

Fairlane Mike

Welcome, your artwork is very good, please share some more!

28. Welcome from Pennsylvania.

29. pipy.sum

pipy.sum
    from Shanghai

Hi, Kinky6

i have no idea about the Jockey Journal before, and have already checked it, great site! Thanks for your information also thanks for your words.

attached some of pictures of my t-shirt, hope you guys like it:D

P5260262a.jpg

P5260282a.jpg

P5260263a.jpg

P5260277a.jpg

P5260276a.jpg

30. boutlaw

boutlaw

Welcome from Mississippi, share some more artwork

BOutlaw