Register now to get rid of these ads!

Stolen Hemi powered 41 Plymouth Recovered!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by David Walter, Jun 2, 2013.

1. David Walter

David Walter
    from Troy,Al

1.jpg
    I have my 41 Plymouth back! It was in a nearby city being driven daily, and hidden at night behind bushes the thieves cut down. When both police jurisdictions released my car, I went to the impound/salvage yard and was told they had a chance to buy the engine a few days before the car was found. The thieves used spray cans to camouflage it? Or maybe they couldn't decide what color would look best? They had an extra battery rigged? After charging my battery it started right up, the only wires cut were to the CB they stole. I had trouble with no reverse, but it worked again after driving my Plymouth 12 miles to my house, hopefully the Trans is okay. Now the weirdest part, when they broke into my building, the thieves spent hours looking through everything, and this is a big building, all that work was tiring, they drank 2 beers and several sodas, and popped and ate 2 bags of pop corn!!! They took a few tools, my Plymouth, a pistol, large bolt cutters, and our deep fryer burner and propane bottle! From my 41 they got my spare, jack, 4 way and CB, but they forgot my bolt cutters were in the trunk! Real Pros!!! Thanks for all the encouragement and effort in trying to help find my Plymouth; it’s good to have it back! David

2. pinkynoegg

pinkynoegg

sounds like a bunch of amateurs. glad you got your ride back!

3. David Walter

David Walter
    from Troy,Al

4. dlshady

dlshady

In what town was it found, just out of curiosity?

5. farmer12

farmer12

Great to hear you got the car back!! What a story!

6. Cruiser

Cruiser

Congregations:D:D:D:D

7. IWB

IWB

Great news I wish everybody's stolen car stories ended like this. Sounds like a couple of tweakers.

8. Great news for a change. Glad you got it back!

9. Great to have one of these threads (stolen rides) with a happy ending.

10. butti

butti

Did the perps get caught?

11. teddyp

teddyp

glad to hear you got it back

12. 40fordtudor

40fordtudor

13. 327-365hp

327-365hp
    from Mass

That's great news!

14. gnichols

gnichols
    from Tampa, FL

Nice to hear about a happy ending, so to speak. Gary

15. Good for you! Did they arrest the morons also? If so, hire someone to break some elbows and knees so the only thing they'll be looking to steal is gas powered wheelchairs!

16. Don's Hot Rods

Don's Hot Rods
    from florida

What always amazes me is that lots of times the thieves actually drive the car around while they have it. I would be afraid to drive around in a stolen Kia, let alone something as recognizable as your car or another old car. Either they have ones made of brass or are just stupid as hell. :rolleyes:

Don

17. Its so great to hear good news for a change where thieves have been involved. Hope they get hit hard. JW

18. Super Streak

Super Streak
    from Florida

Glad to hear you got your car back. What happened to the sons of bitches that stole it ? I hope they get a major beat down.

19. 29moonshine

29moonshine

glad you got it back .

20. blowby

blowby
    from Nicasio Ca

Congrats! Man these thieves have to be young/poor/stupid/high, or some combination of.

The sad part is, around here anyway, the jails are overcrowded and if caught would be out in minutes.

21. Great news story - I hope the idiots are in a holding cell with Bubba, and Bubba is a bit cranky because he is doing a forced detox and feeling amorous towards little thief boys . . .

22. My brother had an OT Toyota stolen maybe 15 years ago from his apartment complex. The local police found it abandoned a week later with a screwdriver in the ignition. His wife gets the call and gets the neighbor (a corrections officer) to go retrieve it locally.

Aside from the ignition lock and door lock messed up, his surf rod holder on the roof was gone, all his tackle as well plus some misc tools. There was a small bag of weed found on the back floor.

Nobody was arrested and the cops weren't even remotely interested in dusting the car for prints.

Bob

23. second fiddle

second fiddle

I must say that is the first Plymouth 2door "coach"(is that what ya call it). Very cool Ride. Another to add the the "Cars I would like to have but will never!" list! Glad to hear its back where it belongs!

24. fossilfish

fossilfish
    from Texas

I had a friend who had a beater OT car that thieves stole. They drove it a mile or so, popped the trunk and took 7 bags of bark mulch. The broke the column and side windows....for bark mulch?

25. Great news !!!
    Glad you got it back

26. Willy301

Willy301

Awesome!! Glad you got it back!

27. George

George

Typical for anything less than murder.

28. There's absolutely zero revenue for government or law enforcement generated by doing so- but everything they do is a 100% cost to the city, state, or federal govt . Prosecution and housing criminals costs money and there's no none zero zip zilch return. Unless a person is cheating on taxes fearing for safety bleeding or dead they don't usually bother. Insurance covers everything else

29. Hey man, that stuff is getting expensive! :D

30. david_mark

david_mark
    BANNED

stoked to hear you got it back Dave