Register now to get rid of these ads!

This could be a cool project

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by jabberwoki, Jun 2, 2013.

1. jabberwoki

jabberwoki
    from puyallup

Whats the scoop on the V12?

Attached Files:

2. chubbie

chubbie

3. Ebbsspeed

Ebbsspeed
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

That's one you should really try to get. Have you seen the thread about the "Giant Speedster" here on the HAMB, guy in Georga is building it, started with a Seagrave Firetruck, massive 6 cylinder engine.

4. Willy301

Willy301

I wish it was in my neighborhood, and I have some room for it... I like the fire trucks!

5. Barn Find

Barn Find
    from Missouri

Looks like an American LaFrance. After Auburn went out of business, ALFCO bought the tooling for the 45-degree Lycoming V-12. They punched it out to 540 cubic inches and added dual ignition. I want one!

6. jabberwoki

jabberwoki
    from puyallup

7. weps

weps
    from auburn,IN

Get it bought,get it home, and get to work! Something similar to the 'Giant roadster' would be a 'fun' project. Additionally, I see tons of parts still on that that you can sell to fire truck collectors to help recoup overall project costs.Lots of good stuff there!

8. Jack Innes

Jack Innes

If you have a speedster project or restoration in mind here is another prospect. Late 20s Seagrave Hook & Ladder rig. 1013 cid T head engine, remote gear box, single rear wheels, higher than most gear ratio & 4 wheel brakes. It is available. Health is limiting projects.

Attached Files: