Register now to get rid of these ads!

Something I've Been Waiting For, For 5 Years

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Bullet Nose, Feb 25, 2011.

1. Bullet Nose

Bullet Nose

In March of 2006, I spent one afternoon and 4 nights in the cold Arizona desert filming a movie called Razor with my Studebaker. Someone just sent me a new trailer that's on YouTube and I'm hoping it will finally be released.

The actors I met were Sid Haig (The Devils Rejects) and Richard Mull (The 6' 8" ball headed actor who played the baliff on the TV Show Night Court). I tried to think how cool this was going to be when I was freezing my ass off from sun down to sun up for 4 nights.

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/zsfe8PLKge0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>​

I'm excited and wanted to share this. And hopefully the release won't be delayed again.

2. Toner283

Toner283

Looks like it will be an interesting movie. Let us know if you hear any more about a release date.

19fuelie57 likes this.
  3. choptvan

choptvan

Cool! Looks like an interesting film.

4. BadassBadger

BadassBadger
    from wisconsin

yes interesting

5. LN7 NUT

LN7 NUT

Reminds me an old Drive In movie, any ideas when it will be out and if it will hit any theaters?

Cool Stude BTW!

I have to ask, I work in the television industry and I know that film crews are notoriously hard on the cars, some even purposely try to wreck them, how did they treat your Stude?

6. ponchopowered

ponchopowered

cant wait to see it, hope it gets out

7. ironandsteele

ironandsteele

right up my alley. i want to see this.

8. Bullet Nose

Bullet Nose

I doubt it will ever be in any theater. They had a big crew here and I heard there was some kind of problem with money and people getting paid.

Thanks.

Actually, I drove it all five days. The hardest part for me was doing the burn out the second night. I had to do a couple of takes. My car has Flowmasters on it but it doesn't sound like it does in the clip. They did some audio enhancement.

On the last night of filming, Richard Mull had to drive the car a few hundred feet. He had fallen and broken his arm before he got to Lake Havasu City and I had to back the car up to a mark they put on the pavement so they could do a couple of takes. You can sort of see the cast on his arm in this photo I took.

[​IMG]

That night they spent most of the night setting up this tent with all kinds of lighting effects so they could film Richard and the girl in the movie.

[​IMG]

I'll continue to keep my fingers crossed that I'll have the movie someday and I'll shout it to the world when I do.

9. RAY With

RAY With

Good luck. It seems interesting and I will go see it when released.

10. ratfink56

ratfink56

I freakin' love movies like that! RAZOR!

11. RDAH

RDAH
    from NL, WI

Don't want to bust your bubble, but alot of people I know have seen enough violent movies. Cars are cool, really.

12. I loved the "B" movie stuff and this looks like a classic!

13. breeder

breeder
    Member Emeritus

Cool! But now I have the damn night court theme song running through my head

14. LN7 NUT

LN7 NUT

That's a common problem with any film sadly, some sit in the can for years before anything ever happens with them, and it being big budget or small, or A or B- quality is not even a factor usually.

Yeah I recognized the sound of a top fuel dragster in there! LOL

LOL, me too, I always liked him, how was he to meet in person?

I like the red lights!

I know how you feel about the movie, I am usually working on the props and procurement side of the industry (love it) but when i do get to use my cars or vintage bicycles i really want to see the film and see them in action, especially period pieces, then I get to see them in their natural habitat!

I was hired to supply the cars for a documentary last fall, it turned out to be a very small time operation, and they were having trouble setting up shots and finding locations, so I stepped in and helped as much as I could, used my truck as a gimbal, I had a car set up on my trailer for driving scenes, an identical one set up for road scenes, we used 5 of my vehicles (one of them was actually my garden tractor LOL) and I even got to act in the thing, I had fun, they were happy, and I got paid, what else does a person need?

The Doc itself is about a woman who had multiple personalities, and my cars are not the focus or anything, but I really want to see it just because they're in there!

15. Some times getting invovled in a movie can be a let down though. I spent an entire day on the set of "In Cold Blood" with my 1948 Ford one ton. They did take after take of me pulling around a corner behind the bad guys as they crossed the street and it ended up on the cutting room floor. Here's me watching the CBS special to see my truck and the heart starts pumping when the scenery is looking familiar and-------Nothing! They cut it out.

That was the most fun I ever had though.

16. LN7 NUT

LN7 NUT

But they pay well at least, especially in Alberta.

I've been doing it since 1996 and I love it, most of my screen time has been on the cutting room floor too, but I'm still happy I was involved!

17. Leebo!

Leebo!
    from Yale OK

Man, looks good to me!!

18. ol'chevy

ol'chevy

I spent 3 1/2 months filming "The Patriot" With Mel Gibson, got about 1/2 a second if you look really close. Oh, well I got paid, screwed off for 3 1/2 months and have lots of cool stories and pictures. Got cut from Talledega Nights....right after the ambulance passed me by they began the scene leaving the speedway after the "Fire " incident. Got cut from "3" when Dale was stopped by the guy with the gun. Guess thats Hollywood!

19. Bullet Nose

Bullet Nose

I just ran across this thread I posted a couple of years ago. No new info about the film to post but the trailer is still on YouTube. Just need to figure out a way to copy it to a DVD so I'll at least have that to remember my 5 days of filming. I will always remember freezing my ass off all night long.

20. chaddilac

chaddilac

Looks like a Rob Zombie film!!

21. jesse1980

jesse1980

Pretty damn cool.

22. Gene Boul

Gene Boul

I loaned (rented) a 50 chevy coupe' to director Goldie Hawn for a movie shot locally. They treated my car very well. Once I explained to them about "hot water sixes" they didn't let it idle very long and had a gent service it twice a day.

23. LN7 NUT

LN7 NUT

^That's great, a lot of productions could care less about your car, my daily driver 82 F150 was used in a Tom Green movie called "Freezerburn; The Invasion of Laxdale" and they trashed it, then cut most of it out of the movie for some reason, it was so bad I stopped driving it after that.

24. Bullet Nose

Bullet Nose

Well, another year has past and the only thing new is that the trailer on YouTube, that I linked to in my first post, is now private. I did a search and see that it's now on Sid Haig's website .....

Click on VIDEO to view the trailer that has been edited again. Maybe the full movie will be available some day .....

25. 23reotim

23reotim
    from arizona

26. Bullet Nose

Bullet Nose

WOW!!!!

Thanks for the heads up.

Instead of being another year further from when it was filmed, I may be another year closer to seeing it released.

Bill

27. toml24

toml24

Sid Haig was in a 1967 auto racing movie called "Pit Stop", that had the most and best vintage racing footage from Ascot Park Gardena than any other movie ever made. Haig played the "Heel" figure-8 driver. For being such a low budget movie there was an incredible amount of filmed auto racing in the movie. If you ever have a chance to buy "Pit Stop" I recommend it.

28. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

That trailers marked private now. Bummer.

29. Reverborama

Reverborama
    from Minnesota

I clicked on Video in that URL and it worked fine.

30. Bullet Nose

Bullet Nose

Not sure why I thought of this thread tonight but when I looked back I see another two years have passed since my last post. The trailer has been moved again and is now on Sid Haig's website.

RAZOR

Click on "VIDEO" next to Captain Spaldings' photo​

This un-released movie is now becoming a distant memory. It must have turned out really bad if they never did anything with it.