Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects My A Pickup

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by Reddy, Nov 18, 2010.

1. Very nice Pickup! I like most everything about it.

2. chevy54man

chevy54man
    from NC

Awesome little truck, I am loving it!

3. I've searched all over for build pics on your truck, as it's a blueprint of what I have in mind for mine. And here they showed up.

It's absolutely PERFECT!!

Thanks for digging this up, look forward to the updates.

p.s.: Whose adapter did you use to adapt the 39 tranny?

Last edited: Jun 2, 2013
  4. shane85

shane85

5. Well, I've spent the morning studying the pics, and a couple more questions came to mind.

Have pics and details of the hyd brake conversion? M/cyl mount?

New gas tank location?

Whadda truck!!

6. That is Model A Perfection!...that should be the HAMB's poster truck!

7. slammed

slammed

A bunch of pre '40 cars and trucks could use this build as a solid foundation. Stance, as in forward. Subdued styling. ----5 stars----

8. Reddy

Reddy

Hi,
    Like to update you all on the changes to the A Pickup.
    I have made some good changes, but have had a lot of thing that have gone bad.
    I change the head too the Super Winfield, Cam from Pat Gary, V8 water pump, MSD 6A, change out the jets on the 97s and a electric Fan.
    Changing out the cam I had to reset the valve, and rejet, the 97, adding the MSD, water pump. So the time I was doing the jet I broke the the 97, where the gas line goes into the carb. so I had to get a new center section of the carb, I was able get one. So after started, it had exhausts leaks, the valves sounded a little loud to me, the water pump leaked. But with all that, I did take it for a drive, the power was great, and ran strong. But under hard power it had a clatter sound, I was sure it was a valve. So it was back to remove the manifolds and side cover to reset the valves, one was real off, so was sure that was the clattering I was hearing. So it was back getting it back together again. Start in up after all that work done, no exhausts leaks, valve sounded a lot better and I change out the water pump, no leaks. So I drove it to my son-in-law's and on the way I got on it and that clatter was still there.
    My (son-in-law) Tracy came along for a ride and he's thinking it was coming from the flywheel housing. After the ride I try starting it back up and the starter lockup, got it free,and started. Pulled it and saw metal inside the housing. So my new plans are to fix the start and hope that will fix the clatter. Also plan to change the foot start to button start. Here is some pictures of the
    engine updates, I'll update on the new change later.
    Mike

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. Skimmer

Skimmer

Fear of repeating others comments ....Spot on pickup

10. Reddy

Reddy

Thanks to all of guys that's like it, also forgot to said I change out to a new mallory disttributor.
    Mike

11. flatheadz-forever

flatheadz-forever
    from new jersey

what kind of top is on it?

12. Ice man

Ice man

Great Truck, like the looks and the speed stuff. Drive it and enjoy it. Dn't be temped to push it. The bottom end is gona do fine if you drive it, just remember it a splash oil system. It will do a great job, but remember, when the power stroke happens the oil supply ain't there till the piston is at the bottom of the stroke., when not much is happening. The piston is just loafing along pushing out the exhaust. So the old girl will be a good 40 mph ride and will give good service. But she don't like to be pushed, or its gona cost you. Iceman