Register now to get rid of these ads!

Clock ideas wanted for 50 chevy truck

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by ccpanel, Jun 1, 2013.

1. I need a clock in my truck.
    seen some optional clocks for 54 GMC but nothing ever for my 50 chevy.

anyone run a clock? what is it?
    original application?
    got one to sell?

its gotta look as close to as if GM installed it as possible.
    I am not above cutting holes in my dash and welding in a bezel or whatever it
    takes to make it look OEM.
    Thanks
    Mark

2. F-ONE

F-ONE
    from Alabama

You may be better off by fitting a 49-52 car dash into your truck. It's been awhile since I had a AD dash in front of me but there really no good place for a clock unless you cut out the speaker grille.

3. 31 5w

31 5w

I have a narrowed '54 Pontiac dash in my '30 roadster. It incorporates the speaker grill and clock as 1 piece. :cool:

4. lawman

lawman

Try one that goes around you wrist !!!!! LOL.

5. dash is staying.

goal is for interior to look OEM stock as possible.

willing to add "pod" or cut in and add "eyebrow" like around the stock speedo/gauge

looking for font and colors and style to match stock gauge(http://www.classicparts.com/images/24-314-2.jpg

6. daddio211

daddio211

I bought an early 50's Olds clock and housing here a few years ago. The housing is almost the perfect shape for the AD dash, some minor reshaping required.

In place it resembles a '59-60 Chevy gauge blister, but looks like it was made for the AD dash.

Sent using the Droid TJJ app from atop my toilet.

7. jetnow1

jetnow1
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from CT
    1. A-D Truckers

Late 30s Buick had one inset into the glove box door-might give you another possibility.

8. GaryB

GaryB
    from Reno,nv

just got a quartz clock for my 56,can't tell it from orignal.had the option of having old clock repaired,try: corvette clocks by roger (731-664-6120)he repairs clocks.good luck

9. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

daddio211 beat me too it! I have used those Olds clock blisters before and they take a late Autometer/ S.W. / VDO clock like a champ if that's your pick.

10. I got a GM clock pod Ill send you for shipping. It's cast and mounts with two studs. Much like the OEM clock for your truck. Most likely it's an Olds. That's a guess! Let me know.

11. I saw olds clock on ebay. liked color and design.

got pic of yours installed?

12. you got email-thanks.

13. NEWFISHER

NEWFISHER
    from Oregon

Do you have a radio delete or are youusing the spot for a radio? I have seen flat 30s to 50s square clocks mounted in the radio delete plate and look factory

14. Lord Elgin is both traditional and high quality. Plus, it's 100% "Made in USA".

Its what I use. :)

Cosmo

15. thats a good idea.

Wife nixed a square or rectangle cause it doesnt match the round of everything else.
    plus I have radio in OEM hole.

love your profile pic BTW-we got one of those in the garage getting 4BTA and AWD(lowered)

16. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

the 51 -52 Chevrolet passenger car clock is pretty cool. I don't know of the contours of the dash would be the same, I'm pretty sure you could get an electric one as well as a 24 hour wind up version. other GM's of the era had similar ones

[​IMG]

17. thanks
    im a pretty good fabricator so curve and pod is less of concern than clock style and font.
    good find!

18. daddio211

daddio211

Generous offer 325w! Damn I love this place! Mine's cast too.

Sorry, no. Sold the truck before I could get that far.