Register now to get rid of these ads!

Battery and welding. DANGER !!!!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by nali, May 30, 2013.

1. I always disconnect the battery when I weld on a car. And it comes out if it there is any safety concern. I do most of my welding outside as an added precaution.

Bob

2. crashfarmer

crashfarmer
    from Iowa

That's one of those bite-you-in-the-rear statements, they'll get you every time. I once told a girlfriend "I've never dumped a motorcycle in my life" and a few seconds later I learned I should have kept my mouth shut. It's funny now, wasn't then.

I've blown a battery up, 56 Ford with a hole in the crossover pipe pointed right at the battery. :eek:

3. big M

big M

Amazing how hydrogen and an ignition source react.....

Please be careful!

---John

4. HighSpeed LowDrag

HighSpeed LowDrag
    from Houston

These are the things that happen if you don't take precautions. Glad you didn't get hurt.

5. COUPES

COUPES
    from England

A friend that didn't know was charging a battery with the caps on and he stood with his back to it, had a cigarette in his hand too when it went BOOM!!! He got acid all down his back and legs. It melted his jacket and jeans and skin. We fell about the place laughing but was serious. Glad no one was hurt and lesson learned.

6. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

It's always funny, when someone gets hurt.:rolleyes: